Profile for Happy Camper > Reviews

Content by Happy Camper

Happy Camper (UK)

JUSTOP K10A Quad Core Android 4.4 Kitkat TV Box Mini PC With WIFI Bluetooth RK3188 1.6Ghz x4 CPU 2GB Ram 8GB NAND Network Streamer

3.0 out of 5 stars OK - video playback not great., 20 Aug. 2013
Firstly - setup was simple. I am familiar with android from a tablet, but the software takes you through to get connected and up and running. I used the logitech K400 Keyboard / track pad that I had already and this worked fine straight away (with one exception).

Disappointingly, the video playback is quite pixelated (on a 1080p 40" screen). There is also an issue with the mouse pointer not responding well if a video-heavy application is open. Some searching on the internet has led me to believe that this is to do with the 4.2 release of jelleybean and that if you flash it with Jelleybean 4.1 the video is fine. I haven't done this yet, but will look at it over the next week or so.

Being honest, I half wish I'd have gone for the cheaper dual core, as (according to some people on the internet) it will stream video without a problem all day long and there isn't much improvement with the quad core unit.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2013 8:36 AM GMT

Rolson Tools 61770 72 LED Camping Light
Rolson Tools 61770 72 LED Camping Light

4.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic light!, 13 April 2012
For the price - this is a great little light! Very bright and seems sturdy enough.

The only slight downside for me is that the light is quite focussed, with a definite hot-spot, rather than a wide wash of light. For some people this will be exactly what you want, but for me it could do with having a much wider beam.

TP-LINK TL-WN851ND 300Mbps Wireless N PCI Adapter
TP-LINK TL-WN851ND 300Mbps Wireless N PCI Adapter

4.0 out of 5 stars Great., 25 Oct. 2011
Received product - slotted into machine running Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx) - card was recognised straight away and connected to the wireless network (via a Netgear DGN2000 router) without a problem.

I haven't done a speed check yet, but it worked absolutely fine for general internet surfing and streaming, with a solid signal for around 3 - 4 hours. For this price, I really can't complain!

6 x 9" Heavy Duty Plastic Tent Pegs
6 x 9" Heavy Duty Plastic Tent Pegs

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 19 Aug. 2011
Bought these because I knew I was going to a site with light sandy ground and they worked a treat. It was a coastal site and therefore was quite windy, but they held very well all week.

I'm not sure how they would react to hitting a big rock, though, as the plastic seems as though it could be a bit brittle (but that's why you should have a few types of peg in your peg bag...)

Recommended!

Map of a Nation: A Biography of the Ordnance Survey
Map of a Nation: A Biography of the Ordnance Survey
by Rachel Hewitt

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 19 Aug. 2011
This book isn't my normal reading matter, but it caught my eye and also my imagination. I'm glad I picked it up. Well written with an engaging style - I thoroughly enjoyed it! There's lots of names to keep up with, but I guess that's unavoidable with a book of this type.

In short: Highly recommended!

6 Pk Mens Pierre Calvini Multi Stripe Cotton Rich Sock
6 Pk Mens Pierre Calvini Multi Stripe Cotton Rich Sock
Offered by SMG UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, but not good..., 3 Dec. 2010
The socks are OK, but the stitching is a bit hit and miss. I can't see them lasting that long.