Profile for Ms. M. C. De Lopez > Reviews

Content by Ms. M. C. De Lopez

Ms. M. C. De Lopez "sunny smile" (Plymouth, Devon, UK)

Practice Makes Perfect: Complete Spanish Grammar (Practice Makes Perfect Series)
by Gilda Nissenberg

5.0 out of 5 stars So clear!, 8 Oct. 2009
Grammar books are often scary to use because they sound boring and difficult to understand- but not this one! I love the layout, so clear and easy to follow, with realistic exercises- not convoluted and obscure sentences! I strongly recommended it.

101 Spanish Idioms (101... Language Series)
101 Spanish Idioms (101... Language Series)
by Jean-Marie Cassagne

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful!, 8 Oct. 2009
This little book is what I have been waiting for to explain idioms to my students! Idioms give you an insight into a culture, and students should be encouraged to learn them and use them. Create your own 'Idiom of the Week' chart with this book!

Spanish a la Cartoon : 101 Hilarious Cartoons for Understanding Spanish Language and Culture
by Albert K. Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny!, 8 Oct. 2009
I love this book, it's really funny and it covers a broad spectrum of authors and countries. I was recommended it by a colleague to use with top sets and A level students, and I would strongly recommend it to others myself! It is particularly good to illustrate topics covered in A level,as a reading comprehension or a way to explain/understand culture. The explanations and translations are accurate and helpful. Enjoy!