Profile for Sarah Allen > Reviews

Content by Sarah Allen

Sarah Allen "Sassafras" (Wedmore, Somerset United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Light My Fire Maya TinderDust -
Light My Fire Maya TinderDust -
Offered by Kitwizard

5.0 out of 5 stars I read the reviews before buying and it seems to be a good thing to have in the wilderness, 4 Jan. 2015
I bought this as a gift for my nephew to go with a fire flint set he had asked for. It seems expensive for what it is - a very small tin filled with 'wood shavings', apparently, which I didn't open before giving to him - but it's what he wanted and a little goes a long way according to the instructions. I read the reviews before buying and it seems to be a good thing to have in the wilderness, could get you out of trouble in an emergency.

Firefly Ivyline FFML22 Moroccan Lantern, 22 x 9 x 9 cm
Firefly Ivyline FFML22 Moroccan Lantern, 22 x 9 x 9 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars ... this for as a Christmas present say they are delighted with it - it's good quality and looks especially ..., 4 Jan. 2015
The couple I bought this for as a Christmas present say they are delighted with it - it's good quality and looks especially lovely when lit. I haven't actually seen it as I sent it direct to them, but I feel it was a nice gift and good value.

Eddingtons Roundel Timer with Neck Cord and Magnet
Eddingtons Roundel Timer with Neck Cord and Magnet
Offered by Colanders FBA

5.0 out of 5 stars so this was a great gadget for her, 4 Jan. 2015
My elderly mum wanted a timer she wouldn't lose track of & hence not hear, so this was a great gadget for her, and is a newer version of one I've been using myself for years. You can wear it round your neck knowing you will easily hear the ringer when it goes off. It's very easy to set (for up to an hour), no batteries to worry about and is pretty accurate too. What more do you want?

Artis Flameless LED Candle Glass Christmas Lantern with Remote Control - White
Artis Flameless LED Candle Glass Christmas Lantern with Remote Control - White
Offered by Safield Dist. Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a great gift, 4 Jan. 2015
I bought this as a Christmas gift for my sister, and have not actually seen it lit, but I checked the item when it arrived and it was good quality and good value. My sister has sent me a picture of it in use and says she is delighted with it, and appreciated a slightly unusual gift. I will happily give this again to other people. Recommended.

Dulwich Brown Leather with Orange Lining 15 Piece Cufflinks Box
Dulwich Brown Leather with Orange Lining 15 Piece Cufflinks Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift idea, 18 Dec. 2014
Superb item, great present for a stylish chap, excellent value , good design and very well made. Can't go wrong!

Dulwich Designs 'Park Lane' Classic Genuine Leather 15 section Cufflink Box, Executive Black with Purple Grosgrain Lining
Offered by Carters of London

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't fault this!, 18 Dec. 2014
Bought two of these in different colours for my sons-in-law for Christmas and I'm delighted with the design and quality. They are very nicely made, appear to be sturdy and long-lasting and are excellent value for money. Both arrived wrapped in a protective covering within their own packaging boxes from Dulwich and then in the Amazon packing. They are better than the pictures on Amazon suggest and I recommend them.

Travel Adaptor Plug: Worldwide / European Visitor to UK from from Europe, USA, Australia, China & Latin America
Offered by R & S Supplies Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 16 Aug. 2014
I decided to order this as it was inexpensive and most of the reviews were positive. I needed an adaptor to use in the UK with the battery charger for the Canon camera I bought in the USA, which has 2 narrow flat prongs. When the adaptor arrived (which was very quickly) I thought I'd bought the wrong thing, as I couldn't get the prongs into the adaptor, but when my husband tried it, using more force than I had done, it fitted and was fine. The battery appears to have charged fully and quickly but I haven't tested it yet. I will keep the charger plugged into this adaptor ready for future use. So I am a happy bunny and would recommend this item, because it does what it's supposed to and was very reasonably priced..

Origami Paper 100 sheets Designer Pattern Gift Pack (Set two)
Origami Paper 100 sheets Designer Pattern Gift Pack (Set two)
Offered by Folded Square Origami

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but ..., 24 Nov. 2012
I ordered this as a Christmas gift so don't know yet how it will be received, but my nephew is very keen on Origami so I'm assuming he will enjoy using these papers. The order arrived very promptly in a jiffy bag, but I think the whole pack inside the bag should have been inside something too, rather than just held together with rubber bands. Not quite realising what was what, I removed the bands to inspect the gift and the whole thing came apart - the two outer card squares, the leaflet and the bonus papers, which meant I then accidentally dropped the main pack containing the papers and found it really difficult to get it all back together looking nice. I had expected the extras to be inside the box of papers, not loose. This is a small point but means I've awarded 4 stars not 5. The service from the seller was swift - out of several items I ordered from Amazon this was the first to arrive. I can't comment on the quality of the paper as I'm not an origami-er, but they certainly look very attractive.

Crete (AA Spiral Guides)
Crete (AA Spiral Guides)
by AA Publishing
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of useful titbits - excellent value., 9 May 2011
I bought this because it was highly rated in the reviews & I have not been disappointed. We haven't had our trip to Crete yet, but I'm really looking forward to seeing all the places that are so well described in this little book. Not much to add to all the positive comments already given in other reviews, but I do like that it's a good size for fitting in your pocket or bag and the way it lies flat when open. It's easy to read, sensibly organised with an excellent index, & is obviously written by someone who knows Crete extremely well and loves it. You feel like you're really getting insider knowledge, with tips and fun information, such as the best time to visit places, best routes, and funny anecdotes about the owners of cafes etc. One of the best travel guides I've used.

Basic Joined-up Handwriting: Bk. 1 (Longman Learn At Home Books)
Basic Joined-up Handwriting: Bk. 1 (Longman Learn At Home Books)
by E. Adams

3.0 out of 5 stars Back to basics - they're not joking!, 18 Feb. 2011
I bought this book and its follow-up as I needed to improve a number of students' joined-up handwriting in a short space of time and I thought these books would help. However, they are VERY basic - dealing with very simple letter formation and joining only a few letters together at a time for the most part. They would be useful for joining practice if prompted by the child, but were no good for the Year 6 children I was working with. They wanted something far more interesting. Also I think the books are over-priced. I managed to find much more useful resources free on the internet.

Page: 1 | 2