Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Bolton, Nr Manchester, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Reasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend
Reasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend

5.0 out of 5 stars Are you gonna let it all hang out!!, 17 Mar. 2013
This has got to be one of the best books I've read in a long while!! Firstly, lets get this straight! I'm way too old to be the target reader, but I've got a long memory that has been prodded by the emotional, naive and sympathetic tone of this story told through the male teenage character's POV. This author's words have hit their mark, evoking pleasurable memories of a truly self-conscious and horrible part of growing up. All teenage girls think they are fat until they gradually fit emotionally into their changing bodies, or are shown that they (are) fit, usually by an admiring male who sees through all that awkward flesh!
This should be compulsory reading for all teenagers everywhere. The girls need to read it to realise that it's what is on the inside that counts. And boys need to read it to get some of the best lessons on how to get to the bits inside a girl!! So go on read it!! (If you are over 16 due to sexual content.) And then tell all your friends to read this book!!

Evermore (Emily Chambers Spirit Medium Book 3)
Evermore (Emily Chambers Spirit Medium Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Here's Where The Story Ends!!, 21 Feb. 2013
All the lovely stories need a 'Happily Ever After'!! And this one is no exception, with such a predictable and hoped-for ending that we are left with that warm feeling inside!!
A very readable trilogy that flows comfortably throughout historic London to its pleasing conclusion!! No emotional roller coaster ride with this one!! Just an underlying suspense of heightened feelings evoked by walking out with your declared on a warm sunny day!!
Sometimes it feels so good just to read a story that makes all the 'Happily Ever After's just feel so lovely without a traumatic wrenching of the emotions!! Couldn't stand it if every story I read was like this though!! 'Lovely' would get very boring after a while!!

Possession (Emily Chambers Spirit Medium Book 2)
Possession (Emily Chambers Spirit Medium Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars If There's Something Strange In your Neighbourhood........!!, 20 Feb. 2013
This lovely story continues with more ghosts and a menacing case of possession. There are also more potential suitors for Emily, increasing the intrigue of romance and the real impossibility of true love with a spirit!!
This sequel has kept my attention without having to resort to exaggerated disturbing and scary scenes with inappropriate language!! I repeat, this is a lovely story, told in a beautiful way that emits an underlying suspense that has me moving quickly on to the final part of the trilogy. I need to know how Jacob's story ends....!!

The Medium (Emily Chambers Spirit Medium Book 1)
The Medium (Emily Chambers Spirit Medium Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars The Ghosts Of You And Me!!, 18 Feb. 2013
A lovely, easy-to-read ghost story that surprisingly has me downloading the other two parts of the trilogy!! Yet another score to Amazon for their policy of tempting you in with a freebie!!
The writing is comfortable and familiar and very tasteful!! The characters have really got under my skin and I feel like I have to know what happens next!! The excerpt from Chapter 1 of book 2 really helped that!!

Shadow Unit 1
Shadow Unit 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Video Killed The Radio Star!! NOT!!!, 18 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Shadow Unit 1 (Kindle Edition)
This is one of those books that has evolved due to television and how us consumers interpret it, not the other way round!! It is more than an extension of a TV series!! (Criminal Minds and X-Files being the most relevant ones in this case.) This seems like a reader-friendly version of a script that somehow enabled me to see these stories in my mind as if I was watching them on screen. Being a huge fan of Criminal Minds made it easier for me to understand the dynamics of the investigating team, and I just loved the more personal additions to the characters, such as the barbecue!!
I didn't find these stories all-consuming in an addictive way, but I will be reading the other instalments gradually as the concept and the team-writing-style really makes you think!!

The Genius and the Muse
The Genius and the Muse

4.0 out of 5 stars Genius Of Love!!, 16 Feb. 2013
Elizabeth Hunter is such a gifted storyteller!! This tale is an original take on the familiar love story, told in a novel way. The characters are easy to empathise with and get frustrated at. The artistic angle is intriguing, as is the author's portrayal of the human cost of love.
However, I am so pleased that I am reading this after devouring all available releases of the Elemental Mysteries and Elemental World series. I am sorry to say that although I enjoyed this book, it wouldn't have encouraged me to explore this author more fully!! The thought of missing out on experiencing the Elemental Mysteries and Elemental World books makes me want to panic. I can truthfully say that my life has been enriched by these series, and The Genius And The Muse in no way reflects the true genius of Elizabeth Hunter!! This book is good, but go explore her other works. Then you will truly know what it is to be touched by genius!!

Waterlocked: An Elemental World Novella
Waterlocked: An Elemental World Novella

4.0 out of 5 stars You Left The Water Running!!, 15 Feb. 2013
This is a novella that expands our emotional enjoyment in the characters of Elizabeth Hunter's Elemental World. This story is not a stand alone addition - you have to read the rest of these books! (If you haven't read them already, why not? They are amazing books to lose yourself in!!)
The only problem I have with this story is the lack of a clear beginning and end, although I s'pose the other books introduce you to Gemma and Terry and their relationship.
I can't wait for the next full length instalment of this World by an author who is fast becoming one of my favorite story tellers!! This short addition was frustratingly not enough to soothe my withdrawal symptoms!!

Diary of a Teenage Superhero (Teen Superheroes Book 1)
Diary of a Teenage Superhero (Teen Superheroes Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Teenage Wasteland!!, 15 Feb. 2013
Fantastic book for male 9 - 15 year olds!! Plenty of action, adventure, suspense and superhero powers!! Can pass it on to my kids now - they will enjoy it!!
I'm obviously too old for this because I couldn't get any emotional involvement in the story. Nor could I identify with any of the characters. But I would recommend this to young lads who don't think it's cool to read!! They will get hooked on the whole series!! And before they know it, they will have read whole works of thrilling fiction!!

Rocked Under (Rocked series Book 1)
Rocked Under (Rocked series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars For Those About To Rock........We Salute You!!!, 12 Feb. 2013
I couldn't put this down!! It HAD to be read in one sitting!! And now I'm sat here having to wait until August for the next instalment!! Which I shall be getting if only to see if this romance is too flawed to succeed!!
The writing is gripping, if not epic. The plot is the familiar typical college setting with lots of entertaining hormonal night life and not much education!! The characters are necessarily damaged and frustratingly intriguing. Every girl's dream is to catch and tame the exciting rock star, isn't it? It's just a pity that these people taunt each other so cruelly in the chase for that dream!
Good book that covers all aspects of love, both painfull and affectionate!!

Pure Blood (Time Spirit Trilogy Book 3)
Pure Blood (Time Spirit Trilogy Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars If I Could Turn Back Time...!!!!, 11 Feb. 2013
I could read this trilogy again and again!! I knew that this story would have a happy ending....it was just that kind of book!! But all that heartache and pain to get there had me biting my nails on the edge of my seat!!
The plot continues with all the many twists and turns. The characters are very believable and easy to empathise with. The heroes are rightfully slightly flawed and the villains are evilly fighting for a cause that they devoutly believe in. The writing had me experiencing the adventures and romance right alongside Gemma and Harrison. This final instalment answers many of the questions sparked in the previous books, but also leaves us wondering where our familiar characters will go from here. Perfect daydreaming material!! Perfect escapism!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15