Profile for Clarey R > Reviews

Content by Clarey R

Clarey R (Leeds. England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Crazy Days: My Autobiography
Crazy Days: My Autobiography
by Sadie Frost
Price: 19.99

2.0 out of 5 stars All the juice has been left out, 2 Aug 2014
What a boring read this was. Thought it was going to be a wild tale of excess and instead it was basically a lukewarm tale of moderation. Not that I think that Sadie Frost hasn't got more to say - I just don't think that she was prepared to or allowed to. In which case one wonders why she bothered to write an autobiography at all. All the stuff I wanted to learn more about such as lustful affairs, painful marriage breakdowns, drugs knocking about at a child's party etc was censored beyond belief. What you get here is loads of stuff about her late father, who was a bit of a hippy type. Interesting enough, but a chapter rather than most of the book would have sufficed. Don't bother with this book, you could get a better and more interesting account of what really happened with the Sadie/Jude/Sienna/nanny thing just looking on the internet.

"Look-in": The Best of the Seventies
"Look-in": The Best of the Seventies
by Graham Kibble-White

3.0 out of 5 stars Was hoping for more music pics and stories, 20 Sep 2013
Whilst I enjoyed this, it wasn't quite the trip down memory lane I was hoping for. Not enough music features and "Oh I remember this" moments, just alot of comic strips

Faith, Hope And Clarity
Faith, Hope And Clarity
by Danniella Westbrook
Price: 11.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 18 Aug 2013
The quality of print, proof-reading and photos in this book are all pretty amateurish but as Danniella explains that she funded the project herself, I didn't let that detract from what is otherwise, a gripping read. Having read her previous book, I was unsure of what else there was to know about her, but with this book, she seems to lay her soul bare for all to see. By the end of the book, my sympathy really lies with her husband. Although Danni, like any addict, has done well to overcome her drug problem, she is by her own admission, a very self-absorbed person who tends to put her own needs and requirements before anyone else. Her husband , Kevin, on the other hand has done nothing but support her, throughout their time together, and quite honestly, why he is still with her, is nothing short of a miracle and a mystery. Think Danni owes everything to this remarkable man.

The Sensual World
The Sensual World
Price: 7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Just not for me, 16 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Sensual World (Audio CD)
Am an avid fan of Kate's work up to and including Hounds of Love, but this just didn't hit the spot for me. I will continue to listen to it in the hope that it's a grower but so far I have to say, not so good. It all seems pretty mellow - too mellow in fact. The thing I love about Kate is the odd crazy track that's thrown in on her previous work that shakes everything up a bit just when you were relaxing to her more serene tracks. The Sensual World lacks this - it's just all so one level and dare I say it, a bit boring. Having listened to a few tracks off Aerial and 50 Words for Snow, I just can't see me buying those and I've read several times that The Red Shoes is a pretty dire effort (although personally I quite like the title track - more craziness i suppose). Maybe Kate peaked at Hounds of Love (for me anyway) and her work thereafter just doesn't quite feature in the same league.

Drinking: A Love Story
Drinking: A Love Story
by Caroline Knapp
Price: 8.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 16 Jun 2013
This review is from: Drinking: A Love Story (Paperback)
Found this an excellent read. Tragically for the author, even though she managed to quit drinking and get her life back on track, I read recently that she had died from lung cancer. Very sad.

Now and Forever
Now and Forever
by Bernie Nolan
Price: 9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly fantastic read, 15 May 2013
This review is from: Now and Forever (Hardcover)
Read this in just a few hours as I couldn't put it down. However sad her diagnosis is, her life has been full of quality experiences and it has been a pleasure to have been able to read about them. Some of her family members such as her husband, daughter, sisters Linda and Maureen and brother Brian sound remarkable with the love and support they have given her but then again, having read this, Bernie sounds like a person who is very easy to love.

Diana: Her True Story - In Her Own Words
Diana: Her True Story - In Her Own Words
by Andrew Morton
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 10 May 2013
Most of this I have heard or read before but still enjoyed it. Worth a read if you're not familiar with the Diana era.

Rush [DVD] [1992]
Rush [DVD] [1992]
Dvd ~ Jason Patric
Price: 7.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Jason Patric is lush in this, 10 May 2013
This review is from: Rush [DVD] [1992] (DVD)
Great film and adore Jason Patric in this - he is just the most gorgeous man ever in this film!

Tales from the Crypt (1972) [DVD]
Tales from the Crypt (1972) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Joan Collins
Offered by MusicnMedia
Price: 9.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Best multi-story horror film, 10 May 2013
Have bought a few of these - Asylum, Dr Terror, Beyond the Grave and nothing beats this - I love it.

The Dreaming
The Dreaming
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Kate Bush album, 10 May 2013
This review is from: The Dreaming (Audio CD)
I love the chaos of this album and it is certainly my favourite up to and including Hounds of Love. Am really nervous about buying the albums post Hounds as most of the reviews that I have read have been really uncomplimentary. If anyone can suggest which one (if any) to go for I would be really interested.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 31, 2014 12:45 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4