Profile for Candi Says > Reviews

Content by Candi Says

Candi Says (Aberdeen, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars They were soft and didn't feel stiff like some other nappies, 22 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Naty are ecological nappies targeted for graduating from nappies to pants. They were soft and didn't feel stiff like some other nappies. The absorbency was good for day but haven't yet used these for night. There are however a bit on the expensive side than our usual brands so probably will stick to our usual.

Pantone Universe iPhone 5/5s IMD Cover - Deep Lavender
Pantone Universe iPhone 5/5s IMD Cover - Deep Lavender
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pantone Deep Lavender, 13 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Pantone Universe cover is ideal for design lovers. The colour I chose was deep lavender and its so nice. The design is very simple and sleek with openings for camera and volume on the side of the phone. It seems good quality. I am now looking at getting other colours too!

Trunki PaddlePak Water-Resistant Backpack - Pinch the Lobster (Red)
Trunki PaddlePak Water-Resistant Backpack - Pinch the Lobster (Red)
Price: 15.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Very practical and great design. It is easily cleaned, 13 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Trunki Backpack is very cute in the lobster design. Very practical and great design. It is easily cleaned. The top rolls down and buckles securely with a plastic buckle. There is a small zip pocket in the tail for items such as money. The straps are soft and feature a Trunki clip to hold. Its a great lightweight pack for my little one.

Love at First Stitch: Demystifying Dressmaking
Love at First Stitch: Demystifying Dressmaking
by Tilly Walnes
Price: 10.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, Tilly is fab!, 28 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am so happy with this book, I love it so much! Have been trying to get into sewing for ages and I think this book will help me do it! Tilly Walnes was one of my favourites from the Great British Sewing Bee and her Tilly and the Buttons blog. I loved her style on the programme. So, its even better to get some of her patterns and ideas - the dresses, skirts and blouse are just so cute, quirky and modern. The book comes with full size patterns in 8 sizes which is really great as I have come across cute patterns which don't go up to bigger sizes. The instructions are clear and well laid out. Within each pattern there are also options and ideas on how to adapt and customise the design, ie, making a dress colour block with a button placket, adding a bow belt to a skirt, adding pockets, etc. I actually feel I could manage to do these! I think the book will appeal to both beginners and experts alike.

Trunki Travel ToyBox (Blue)
Trunki Travel ToyBox (Blue)
Offered by Babys-Mart
Price: 18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good size, 28 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Trunki travel toy box has a few different uses. When you clip the lid on and turn it upside down, it can be pushed along and a toddler can sit on it. Turned round the other way, it has a handle for carrying. I thought the size was good and easy to handle for a toddler. It seemed sturdy and could withstand weight of a toddler sitting on it. The only reason I am giving 4 stars is for some reason, I thought it had a pull along handle instead of the inserts at the sides, so I could only really push him along on top of the box. Not that I need to really anyway but it was a bit of fun for him now and again! My son seemed to like the size and the fact he could carry his animals in it with the handle without it being too heavy. The size is good as it is not too big and could easily be tucked into a space or corner when not in use. I would recommend this toy box.

Trunki SnooziHedz Travel Pillow and Blanket - Bert (Blue)
Trunki SnooziHedz Travel Pillow and Blanket - Bert (Blue)
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An instant hit, 28 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Straight after receiving the Trunki Snoozihedz travel pillow and blanket, my toddler son was off with it and has been unwilling to let go ever since! Its been to the nursery, his bed and taken along on a buggy ride. The Snoozihedz consists of a microfleece blanket which folds up into the zipped case (in this case, Bert). Also inside is an inflatable pillow. The blanket has a large pocket on it to put a dummy, etc and it has a secure grip/lock at one corner to keep the blanket in place if needed. The pillow was reasonably easy to inflate. I wasn't sure I would want to do this each time and was going to leave it inflated to use as a pillow but then I wouldn't be able to store the blanket inside. I think possibly we'd get more use out of the blanket itself.

The quality is good and the design was a winner with us.

Knitting Smitten: 20 Fresh and Funky Hand-knit Designs (Simple Makes)
Knitting Smitten: 20 Fresh and Funky Hand-knit Designs (Simple Makes)
by Jessica Biscoe
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Smitten with Knitting, 20 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely colourful book with clear instructions on knitting and suitable for beginners and seasoned knitters alike. Some of the projects are easy for beginners and others are suitable for those with a little more experience. The yarns used are all UK ones too, so no problems with converting from US to UK. There are plenty of photographs of the projects and within patterns there is also step by step photos for some techniques. The makes include hats, legwarmers, a cape, bracelets, head band and makes for the home. I particularly like the squirrel pattern mittens with the dangly acorns and the flamingo cushion. With the amount of different knit and craft books out there, it is difficult to choose what is the right one, but I did like this one.

Little Owl's Orange Scarf
Little Owl's Orange Scarf
by Tatyana Feeney
Price: 5.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Owl's orange scarf - another toddler hit!, 16 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We already have Tatyana Feeney's other book Small Bunny's Blue Blanket which was a total hit with our toddler and this one has gone the same way. The simple story and simple drawings are thoroughly enjoyed and bring smiles and some humour. Both books add humour to toddler behaviour - the separation of a much loved blanket or toy to be washed in Small Bunny's.. and the dislike of an item of clothing and trying to 'lose it' in Little Owl. The story goes that Little Owl's mother knits him a scarf which he does not like and it goes 'missing' on a trip to the zoo. However, he gets another scarf made by his mother which he likes much better as he helped make it by choosing the wool. After this story, my toddler wants to choose wool and knit him a scarf! The simple style may not be for some, but we really like the naivety of it. We are looking forward to her next book!

Fisher-Price Thomas & Friends Thomas Railroad Rewards Potty
Fisher-Price Thomas & Friends Thomas Railroad Rewards Potty
Price: 21.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Thomas Railroad Rewards potty by Fisher Price, 7 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My toddler is a big fan of Thomas so I thought this would be ideal for starting him out on his toilet training. When it is used for the toilet, it gives out a little tune. The first time we heard this, we just thought it was one of his other toys! The potty is good in that it has various functions - potty, fold down the lid and you have a step (which is ideal for using the bathroom sink and brushing teeth), the seat comes off so you can use it on a toilet. It is easily cleaned as it comes apart, but the reason I am giving 4 stars is that I could only wipe clean the base, it can't be immersed due to the battery compartment. Overall though, it is good and my son liked it.

Pampers Sensitive Refill Pack Giga 12 x Packs of 56 (672 Wipes)
Pampers Sensitive Refill Pack Giga 12 x Packs of 56 (672 Wipes)
Offered by Groceries R US
Price: 19.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Pampers Sensitive, 17 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Pampers Sensitive wipes are great, nice and thick and clean skin easily. Good quality as they don't rip when you are using them. Good for baby's skin and they don't have a strong perfumed smell.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15