Profile for Born-Again Linuxer > Reviews

40P Conductor Male to Female Jumper Wire 20CM,40P Color Wires Ribbon Cable
Offered by Goods-cool.
Price: 1.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy little bundle, 16 Jun 2013
Just what you need to connect standard header pins to a breadboard.

I haven't checked this for tolerance yet but it looks OK. I will be using this with my Arduinos and Raspberry Pi.

Tower Heist [DVD]
Tower Heist [DVD]
Dvd ~ Eddie Murphy
Offered by DVDBayFBA
Price: 4.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Made me laugh out loud..., 27 Jan 2013
This review is from: Tower Heist [DVD] (DVD)
I'm not sure if you'll find this film worthy of five stars but, for me, it was the right film at the right moment and I enjoyed it a lot. It was just a good family comedy/action film. Think more Night at the Museum than Ocean's Eleven. Well worth a watch on a cold and windy night in.

Programming Arduino Getting Started with Sketches
Programming Arduino Getting Started with Sketches
by Simon Monk
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners, useful for the experienced C programmer, 13 Jan 2013
If you're new to both programming and Arduino, this is an ideal way to get started.

If you can already code in C, but don't know a thing about Arduino, then this is a very useful book which will give you enough examples to get you started quickly. The book's web site also has lots of example programs to download. These are known as "sketches" in Arduino land and just appear in the IDE sketch list so you can use them easily.

Had me up and running with Ethernet and LCD shields in minutes not hours!

Unix and Linux System Administration Handbook
Unix and Linux System Administration Handbook
by Evi Nemeth
Price: 37.59

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant roadmap, 28 Dec 2012
After many decades in IT, I needed a Linux / Unix refresher to get me up to speed supporting Linux-based equipment. This book provides just that, and shines light on just about every sysadmin task you may need to consider. Many flavours of Linux / Unix are covered as well as Windows inter-operability. A large book, but well-written in a friendly style, I was able to plough through it in just a few days and, by the end, felt well-briefed on the key aspects. If it isn't covered in detail in this book, then at least you'll understand what it is that you have to look for and why - though I doubt that you'll need to look elsewhere.

Oh yes, the usual prompt delivery from Amazon made buying the book a pleasure. Money well spent!