Profile for cirisse > Reviews

Content by cirisse

cirisse

Nothing To Envy: Real Lives In North Korea
Nothing To Envy: Real Lives In North Korea

4.0 out of 5 stars Most other books are about the ruling elite or people in the terrible prison camps, 14 July 2014
This is different from other books about Korea as its about the ordinary people there during the famine. Most other books are about the ruling elite or people in the terrible prison camps. It's fairly short and I read it in a couple of days.

Sleek Make Up Blush Rose Gold 8g
Sleek Make Up Blush Rose Gold 8g

4.0 out of 5 stars More of a highlighter than a blush., 17 Mar. 2014
This blush deposits a sheen of very fine glitter and a pale pink colour. It gives a good "glow" when layered over a stronger colour in the evenings. For the price, I'm happy. Not for matte fans.

Speck SeeThru Satin Hard Shell Case Cover for 11 inch MacBook Air - Grape Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars It works., 17 Mar. 2014
Has protected my case very well for the past couple of months, no sign of scratches. It's also simple to remove for cleaning too.

Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 Xbox 360 Headset - EU
Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 Xbox 360 Headset - EU

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy to use, 29 Dec. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Pretty comfortable headphones and the sound isn't bad.

The best thing is how easily you can switch between the Xbox 360 console and the PC - literally plug and play. I use these for PC and console gaming, skype, watching movies, and listening to music. The wire is really *really* long which is great if you're sitting across the living room but otherwise can get in the way and tangled - so keep the tie they give you!

Jazooli USB Charge & Sync Dock Connector Cable For All Apple iPods/iPhones/iPads - Black
Offered by Jazooli

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 29 Oct. 2011
Works just as well as the official one but at a fraction of the price. I've had absolutely no problems with it - however my rabbit can sense it's a cheaper wire as he isn't interested in chewing on it like the expensive Apple one.

tl;dr it's cheap and it works

TeckNet® iPad 2 Premium Folio Stand Case / Cover For Apple iPad 2 (All Models), With Magnetic Sleep Wake Sensor Feature - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Good case, 3 Sept. 2011
I bought this after chipping the corner of my valuable iPad 2 the first time I took it in my backpack!

This case is fake leather (good for vegans and cow lovers) but doesn't have a horrible smell or anything. It does a good job of protecting my iPad from bumps, scratches and the "affections" of my pet rabbit. The stand is good enough to watch movies on and there are lots of holes for the charger, camera, headphones and stuff. In fact I never really take my iPad out of it's case now - except to show it off. The magnetic sleep thing is cool (you can turn it off in the iPad settings if you don't like it btw) but I never use the hold strap/card slots.

The leather style case does make the iPad heavier and bulkier but it's worth it for the extra protection. I've recommended it to family.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (Xbox 360)
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (Xbox 360)
Offered by FUN-N-MORE

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting game, 12 Jun. 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This is a fun single player game. What makes it different from other games is it's use of motion capture that brings the characters to life. I cared about the characters and believed in their relationships because you could see realistic facial expressions and body language. The gameplay itself is not too difficult - everything is pretty linear so its hard to get lost. This means more time for storyline etc.

My biggest complaint would be that it's quite short. It could easily be completed in a weekend.

tl;dr: Perfect game to rent.

Motion Sports - Kinect Compatible (Xbox 360)
Motion Sports - Kinect Compatible (Xbox 360)
Offered by passionFlix UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Rarely play now, 30 Jan. 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Of all the Kinect games I bought I played this one the least often. Its kinda US-centric and just not as fun as I hoped. If you're looking for a sporty kinect game I would suggest you go for Kinect Sports instead.