Profile for hj101010 > Reviews

The Pyramid Theory of Marriage
The Pyramid Theory of Marriage
by Tony Gulvin

4.0 out of 5 stars Read, think and live..., 28 May 2012
If you're in a relationship and thinking about the possible future marriage or if you're already married, you may come across thinking one day, what is the marriage all about?
Well, this book isn't the solution to all your problems and questions but I thoroughly enjoyed it and recommend it. Despite the short contents of the book, the context is full and after reading it, it makes you wonder about your own values and perhaps come up with own ideology on relationships.
That's right, you don't have to agree or disagree with the writer, indeed it's only a theory!, rather the writer challenges you to think and self-evaluate and that's what I like about the book.
I especially enjoyed the metaphor, 'a relationship is not a shoe, it's a pair of shoes, two people working on it together'. This summarises the truth of the long-lasting relationships for any couples searching for the 'happily lived ever after' plus more. My friend recommended the book for me but I'm going to get my own copy as I'd like to keep one and read it again and again...

Crayola 24 Mini Twistables Special Effect Crayons
Crayola 24 Mini Twistables Special Effect Crayons

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad, 28 Mar. 2011
It was bought as a gift for a four years old boy.
The boy's mother quite liked it because they were a good size in length and compact pack overall for using them during travel.
After purchasing it, I found out that it could be bought in local supermarkets for the same or less price.
If children like drawings and explore with colours and different pencils/crayons,,it seems quite special and fun for creating mixed coloured drawings/writings.

Angel Flames Coloured Birthday Cake Candles x 12
Angel Flames Coloured Birthday Cake Candles x 12
Offered by Electro World

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty & colourful candles., 28 Mar. 2011
I bought these candles to use with a birthday cake.
the flames aren't very big so it's not so obvious that they're different colours and the candles burn very fast, so it's better to have everything ready before lighting them.
The effects are minimum but in the dark, it looked very pretty and lasted a short time.
If you want to take any photographs, you better be ready on stand by as the candles do burn fast.
Overall, I enjoyed these candles as they were used for my sister's birthday but perhaps I won't be buying them often.

NEW! KTwo Leather Travel Journal Organiser Wallet Brown
NEW! KTwo Leather Travel Journal Organiser Wallet Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice leather travel journal. ideal for gifts., 28 Mar. 2011
I quite like this Leather Travel Journal.
I bought it for myself because I like to keep a neat record of my trips as a journal.
The leather is not very soft, it has hard back covers, both front and back.
But it's good to wipe off if you get any dirts on it.
It'll be a nice gift idea for friends who enjoy taking city breaks/journeys.
Also, the size of the journal is a good size as a large wallet for putting tickets, passports, receipts..etc.

Sound Foundations: Learning and Teaching Pronunciation (2nd Edition): English Pronunciation
by Adrian Underhill

4.0 out of 5 stars very useful, 13 Oct. 2010
the book is very useful if you're doing a TESOL course.
an essential book for Phonology. it comes with a CD for sound pronunciation activity.
i recommend it.

delivery with amazon was very prompt, i received it a few days(tueday) after ordering it(on friday).