Profile for G. Beveridge > Reviews

Content by G. Beveridge

G. Beveridge "Grateful Dad" (England)

The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin
The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin
by David Nobbs

3.0 out of 5 stars Long may you rise Mr Perrin, 16 April 2009
Having seen snippets of this series on TV, I was keen to read the book before getting the DVD to compare. This was billed in Esquire magazine as one of thier top 50 funniest books.David Nobbs is clearly a gifted writer but I'm not sure how to compare him to others that feature in that list. The book READS as a little dated but perhaps thats because you know it is set in the 1970's. Is he as funny as Bill Bryson ? No BUT Mr Bryson has had some dud's. The Lost Continent being my favourite read of all. Reggie is any easy read and it is engaging and entertaining so I won't nitpick - and what a twist at the end !

Madeleine the City Pig
Madeleine the City Pig
by Karen Wallace

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kids read !, 3 Jan 2007
This review is from: Madeleine the City Pig (Hardcover)
Despite the fact that my daughter is also named Madeleine, she has not been able to put this book down - and she is only 15 months old! It is by far and a way her favourite and will just as easily read it by herself OR drag it out for Mum or Dad to do it for her. She never tires of it. It seems to have a great combination of an easy, interesting story line and some great pictures and colours....

Kill Bill, Volume 1 [DVD] [2003]
Kill Bill, Volume 1 [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Uma Thurman
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Kill Bill - Dead ?, 4 Jan 2005
Anything from Tarantino should be a given, when selecting films to view. I had been looking forward to seeing the Kill Bill films for some time, but for the first time, Quentin has dissapointed. All the usual trademarks ( blood, guts, etc... ) were all present but towards then last third of KB1 things started to get silly. How many Ninja type blokes and girlies in black did Lucy Liu have in her private army? They were never ending! In the end, it made Uma Thurman ( who also can usually do no wrong in my eyes )look just plain ridiculous. I've got the second film sitting at home waiting to be seen but I'm not sure I can be bothered. Sorry Quentin but give me True Romance, From Dusk till Dawn or Pulp Fiction anyday.