Profile for LolM > Reviews

Content by LolM

LolM

Oxford Reading Tree Traditional Tales: Level 5: Jack and the Beanstalk (Ort Traditional Tales)
by Chris Powling

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 8 Aug. 2012
Nice simple version of the traditional story for my middle readers (Y1) is banded as green and think its pretty on the mark.
Lovely pictures and nice, easy to read fonts.

Over in the Jungle: A Rainforest Rhyme (Sharing Nature with Children Book) (Sharing Nature with Children Books)
by Marianne Berkes

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 8 Aug. 2012
A truly wonderful book for topics on the rainforest. The pictures are wonderful and appear to be coloured clay or plasticine.
The children loved the rhyme and hunting for animals and also liked taking it away to read by themselves once they knew the language pattern.

Brazilian Playground
Brazilian Playground

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 8 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Brazilian Playground (Audio CD)
Great CD that I have used in my classroom as part of a rainforest topic - none of the songs are sung in English but that added to the charm of the songs and I found the children sang along anyway!
Each song has a description in the leaflet and the children enjoyed hearing what the song was a bout, especially the one about an old rubbish car!!

Vibram Five Fingers Women's Wm Classic Chilli Pea Trainer 5F/W1032CC-41 7.5 UK, 41 EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 8 Aug. 2012
I purchased these shoes after years of wearing 'normal' trainers and haven't looked back!
Although I had never worn more bare feet style shoes before I found them to be very supportive and a snug fit.
I had expected to feel every stone and rock on the ground but they actually aren't that bad, however I do find myself looking down a bit more than before!
Used them for a 3 mile race on concrete and they were great - my only tip would be that if you are between sizes, go for the size up as once your feet are hot they are a very tight fit!!

Cinderella
Cinderella
by Loek Koopmans

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!!, 8 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Cinderella (Hardcover)
Beautiful pictures and an enchanting story - I used this as part of talk for writing (KS1) and the children loved it. So good to get away from Disney versions of these stories!
A great book that the children ask to read over and over!

Cendrillon: A Caribbean Cinderella
Cendrillon: A Caribbean Cinderella
by Charles Perrault

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 8 Aug. 2012
A great book as an alternative to the classic, I used it as part of talk for writing in literacy (KS1) as a good example of a varying version of the story, the children loved it and could make good comparisons to the more well known story.
Pictures are lovely and quite bold on the page.

We're Roaming in the Rainforest
We're Roaming in the Rainforest
by Laurie Krebs

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 8 Aug. 2012
What a fab book for a rainforest topic!
I have used this book during literacy, art and PE sessions as the story has such a good rhythm to it.
Pictures are clear and full of detail - we used them as a starting point to create our own pictures and role play corner.
Highly recommended.

Proteam Recycling Bags, Set Of 3
Proteam Recycling Bags, Set Of 3
Offered by Office Stationery Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 8 Aug. 2012
I bought these as a teaching aid for my class when doing recycling as a topic, however they are so good I decided to keep them for myself!
The ones provided by our council are thin and very flimsy, these however are tough and coated in some kind of plastic so they stand up on their own.
They also have presstuds to hold them all together!