Profile for welsh wizard > Reviews

Content by welsh wizard

welsh wizard (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Dog Car Seat Covers - Back Seat Protection - Dark Blue - Durable Waterproof Fabric - Protect Your Car Seats From Dirty Dogs Now!
Offered by GLHMProducts

5.0 out of 5 stars great product , good service from the company, 21 Oct. 2015
Super product, great functionality, super easy to fit, we are delighted with it.
communication from the company was great and informative and made us feel like valued customers. Service
and delivery time excellent-well done

Eyes Wide Open: True Tales of A Wishbone Ash Warrior
Eyes Wide Open: True Tales of A Wishbone Ash Warrior
by Andy Powell

5.0 out of 5 stars A hugely enjoyable' informative and well written book, 30 Sept. 2015
Admissions first, I have been a fan ofWishbone Ash since I was 15, their music has pervaded my life and delighted and entertained me. Ian Rankin in his excellent forward makes reference to a 'Sounds' poster that hehad on his bedroom wall showing Andy , Flying V in hand strutting his stuff, well that poster adorned my bedroom too, back in the day.

The most delightful fact about this excellent read is that it is so well written. I have had a great summer devouring numerous books by writers I regard as great wordsmiths, Richard Flanagan, William Boyd and Robert Harris amongst others, the prose in Andy's-autobiography is of an amazingly high standard, making it easily readable whilst being fluent and concise. The co-writer must take serious credit but Andy has furnished large segments of the book himself, it's difficult to. Find the 'joins' suggesting Andy really is a good writer.

The content is of course what we all want to read, but the pleasing style of the book makes the discovery more rewarding. I have followed every article, fanzine , web-site for 43 years, I have every recording they have ever made and have seen them in uncountable venues more than 130 times, so my peripheral knowledge was good. This book is entertaining and informative for the seasoned fan, but will be highly rewarding for anyone interested in One of the great ( but alas un regarded )rock bands in history.

Andy takes us from childhood days to the present, he has lived an amazing life and reveals the ups and many downs of a 'road warrior'.the information about the camaraderie ( and lack of it on occasions) intra band. Issues is fascinating. Doing an album by album breakdown would be a tad boring so Andy goes back and forth interspersing details of different recording and tours in a way that makes the book almost read itself. Every fan will be most interested in the dynamic between Andy and Martin ( I have read Martins book too) , it's interesting to see the different viewpoints and perspectives, make your mind up yourself is what I say.

The unfortunate litigation gets its own fact filled chapter, the denouement was entirely correct in my opinion.

This book will delight those who know something about guitars, speakers, mixing consoles and the history of Gibson, Fender etc , it's also high in detail on stage and studio recordings and how the best 'sound' is achieved, but if like me these technicalities are rather complex, it's told in a manner that makes it easy to understand.

For die hard fans the amazing comprehensive discography and for me the full listing of 'live dates' is superb. No more arguments now as to when and exactly where I saw all those gigs spanning back to 1974 :-)

I already knew Andy and the band are incredibly hard working, shining through this book are not only his amazing work ethic , his sheer joy in living but also his integrity and family values.

I read this book in 3 sessions and was almost sad to finish it. The writing style is. Superb,it's highly readable, interesting, informative, it's about a life that has been led to the full, but it paints a picture of a 'work still in progress', Andy still has dreams, he loves his music , he loves his life style, no matter how demanding and he IS Wishbone Ash. I thanks him for his body of work, for keeping my favourite band alive and for an amazing read

I highly commend this book to one and all
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 13, 2015 8:10 PM BST

Last Rituals: Thora Gudmundsdottir Book 1
Last Rituals: Thora Gudmundsdottir Book 1
by Yrsa Sigurdardottir

3.0 out of 5 stars Lost its way with too much detail, I could murder her secratary, now there's a plot for a thriller ;-), 9 Oct. 2014
Good start , then it got totally bogged down in too much detail. A good plot that gets lost sums it up. I like her writing style and after reading 'someone to watch over me' I thought I would give her 1st 2 books a go.

The one really grating, annoying 'device' is Bella the secretary, how a lawyer of all people can't find a reason to dismiss her I don't know, I know she came with the lease but that's not the point, she is unnecessary, annoying and ridiculous.

I did learn a lot about witchcraft from this book , but gee the details details details were too much

I am going to give My Soul To Take a go, and will review it, its gonna be a make or break for me with Yrsa

Talpex Trap Genuine with video instructions
Talpex Trap Genuine with video instructions
Offered by Mole catching

5.0 out of 5 stars Moles-watch-out, but be careful when setting up and handling this trap, once proficient its easy, 14 Sept. 2014
Be brave when using this, watch the video on how it is set up, the link comes with a useful instruction sheet. The spring is very very strong and you need a strong 'grip' to set it, but the proof is in its action.
I caught the mole within 12 hrs of set up :-)
Once you get over the 1set-up and are confident in handling this-its a real killer

Yamaha YAS101bl SoundBar System with Built-In Subwoofer - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by TODO! TODO!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 24 Jun. 2014
Excellent prouct, sound is super, i like the clear voice setting which actually works. Set up is simple done in a few minutes, programming the tv handset is worth it.
I have attached it to the tv via the optical lead included, i also decided to use a better optical lead to connect it to the blue-ray player.
It looks good, it sounds great and its affordable
5* forme

Wedo Metal Kickstool - Grey
Wedo Metal Kickstool - Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 24 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Wedo Metal Kickstool - Grey (Home)
Looks good, set up with 3 pushes in 30 seconds, works well and very good value for money, highly recommended

Grunwerg Benriner Mandolin
Grunwerg Benriner Mandolin
Offered by Kitcheneo

4.0 out of 5 stars Watch the fingers, 24 Jun. 2014
Good produce, buy the glove as well
The instructions are inJapanese, but the graphics are adequate to set it up, we suggest you view a few of the YouTube video's to view set up and use

NETGEAR WN1000RP-100UKS Universal WiFi Range Extender (WiFi Booster)
NETGEAR WN1000RP-100UKS Universal WiFi Range Extender (WiFi Booster)
Offered by Yachew LTD

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, 24 Jun. 2014
I live in a barn with some pretty thick stone walls, having said that my router gives a good wireless signal to all the rooms and a small area on the patio, speed 3megabits download is enough for 3 of us to use our iPads at the same time
I wanted to increase to cover to all the patio
Set up easy, however the extender would only pick up a strong signal in the room the router was in!! Or immediately adjacent to it, it was useless.
I don't know whether this was a defective unit ?, but my router alone gave a better coverage than router plus extender?, I sent it back, full marks to Amazon for an instant reimbursement
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 10, 2014 12:40 AM BST

Stv757 - Solar-Powered Sonic Mole Spike
Stv757 - Solar-Powered Sonic Mole Spike

4.0 out of 5 stars Not 100% effective but mole incursions significantly reduced so I am pleased, 6 May 2014
It seems to have kept the moles away until today when I had a visitor, we have 12/3 acres of land , 2/3 acre lawn, 1acre pasture which surrounds the lawn so we are a target for moles.

Out of necessity I have developed great skills in trapping and killing moles-the life expectancy of any visiting mole is now less than a day( usual shorter) but I prefer to deter, so bought 4 of these spread out around 3/4 of the border between lawn and pasture along the fence, I am certain it has made a big difference but nothing is foolproof, if you have a mole problem I would give these a go, but you simply MUST start with a mole free space, if they still come in, trap them, its easy once you know how

Keter Borneo Storage Box
Keter Borneo Storage Box
Offered by Garden Store Direct Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 6 May 2014
Even I can put this together in 20 minutes, so anyone can!
It looks good, it's totally waterproof, it is great! And functional

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5