Profile for Mr Stuart Hannah > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for 4.7- inch iPhone 6 - Black/Black
Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for 4.7- inch iPhone 6 - Black/Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great iPhone case, very tough and good looking., 6 Jun. 2015
Great case. I bought this as my company iPhone 6 spends its time on engineering sites with me and is just too delicate to survive without protection. This case looks good and is though enough to protect the iPhone from most drops, and spills.

Star Trek 6: The Undiscovered Country
Star Trek 6: The Undiscovered Country

5.0 out of 5 stars Anothe Star Trek Classic, 6 Jun. 2015
Well what can I say. I already owned this on a region 1 DVD so decided to buy it on Amazon Instant. Directed by the same director as Wrath of Khan, this is a great movie. It has the odd moment that seems cheesy compared to the new Star Trek movies but like Wrath of Khan has a great 'Sub Hunt' vibe in the last act with the first half of the movie being more like a detective story with Spock as Sherlock Holmes. I also like the elements of 'behind the scenes' that we get in that we see them dealing with hangovers after a dinner party with the Klingon ambassador, we see private little moments of reflection in the crew cabins, the ships galley and even tables being set for dinner. Somehow it makes this trip on the USS Enterprise feel more grounded in reality (until the fighting starts!). My only criticism is that I noticed a cut to the original edit near the end and in this version the big reveal about a Starfleet character is gone, I assume do to the fact that it also showed blood pouring from his head, but really, I think it was unnecessary. great movie

The Secret Service - The Complete Series [DVD]
The Secret Service - The Complete Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stanley Unwin

5.0 out of 5 stars A quaint and very British TV show., 6 Jun. 2015
I always loved this show although the mix of live footage and puppets is odd, frankly with the power on hindsight it would have worked even better as a completely live action 'spy' show and probably would have become a classic. It's a shame that Lew Grade cancelled the show after just 13 episodes so like Firefly we have precious few to watch but unlike Firefly there was no movie finale! Apparently Lew Grade hated Stanley Unwin's 'Unwinese' gobbledygook, and whilst I think it's funny, the show would have worked just as well without it and with Stanley just playing a bumbling, quaint Priest as his cover. An odd show, very British, great and memorable theme tune and a real treat in my opinion.

The Lost Worlds Of Gerry Anderson [DVD]
The Lost Worlds Of Gerry Anderson [DVD]
Dvd ~ Shane Rimmer

5.0 out of 5 stars Gerry Anderson fans will love this., 6 Jun. 2015
This is a fascinating DVD for a Gerry Anderson fan. The Space Police (which became Space Precinct) is not bad for a true pilot episode and 'Into infinity' shows it's educational basis with massive and constant exposition but is still fun. I have to say that it's great to be able to finally see 'The Investigator' but you can see why it didn't get made into a series and was the last Supermarionation show. Probably a 'watch once' DVD though.

2Pcs Pack QUMOX 16GB SD HC 16 GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-I Secure Digital Memory Card HighSpeed Write Speed Write 15MB/s Read: 40MB/s
Offered by Locoisle777

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value product, 6 Jun. 2015
We purchased these for some dashboard cameras that we have. Arrived quickly and work well and we were very happy with the price that we paid.

Stingray
Stingray

5.0 out of 5 stars Another classic Gerry Anderson show., 30 May 2015
This review is from: Stingray (Amazon Instant Video)
OK, so I'm reliving my childhood. I loved Stingray and still do. Yes you can see the strings but it wasn't made for Hi Def TV which makes them look like ropes! As always with Gerry Anderson shows, it was made with a passion for quality and despite the technical limitations of the time manages to still look great. Barry Gray's score is amazing, in an era of digital plinky plonk that we now have for kids shows (except for the new Thunderbirds show), Barry's score uses a full orchestra and the opening credits both visually and musically can still knock your socks off. No normal human child could not be excited by it even now, and the big motion picture style end credits with the big orchestra love song and Gary Millar's amazing vocals make you forget that you just watched a puppet show. Once again Gerry Anderson's 'adult show disguised as a kids show' hits the mark and of course his big hit, Thunderbirds was just around the corner when Stingray hit the TV screens. I have never understood how Gerry never got a knighthood for services to TV & Film.

Despicable Me 2
Despicable Me 2
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, a great sequel that stands on its own., 18 May 2015
More insanity, just brilliant.

Despicable Me
Despicable Me

5.0 out of 5 stars A lough out loud modern classic, 18 May 2015
Just laugh out loud funny. Don't watch this when the rest of the family are asleep like I did, it doesn't make you popular when your laughing wakes everyone up. Just a classic in my mind.

Monopod Selfie Stick Telescopic & Bluetooth Wireless Remote Mobile Phone holder - Built in bluetooth (MIXED COLOURS)- extendable - iphone5 , iphone 6, samsung - GLOBEL ELECTRONICS®
Offered by GLOBEL ELECTRONICS & ACCESSORIES LIMITED

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Seflie Stick, 8 May 2015
Despite some leg pulling over me buying this, it wa brilliant. I took it on a holiday to New Zealand and got some great shots without having to bug other people into taking a group photo for us or handing my iPhone 6 to a stranger! Works greats and was great value for money.

Noza Tec GPS Sat Nav 4.3 Inch with Lifetime UK and EU Map Updates
Noza Tec GPS Sat Nav 4.3 Inch with Lifetime UK and EU Map Updates
Offered by Bailun Best Sell

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Satnav at a budget price, 8 May 2015
Essentially a Windows CE based PDA but once set to autoboot into Satnav (an option in the Satnav app), it behaves like a standard Satnav and is very good value for money. It finds the satellitte signal quickly and updates quickly as you travel along. It does nag you about speeding even if you go just a couple of miles an hour over but this means you spend less time obsessing over your speed and more time concentrating on the road.

I bought this because although I liked CoPilot on my phone I got tired of it dissapearing when a call came in and also you really need CoPilot playing through your speakers but sometime I want the radio on whilst using the Satnav so this low cost Satnav was a great solution.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3