Profile for E. Hayes > Reviews

Steffi Love Welcome Baby
Offered by SCRIO - Office, Toys and Games
Price: 9.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, but stronger clothes please, 26 Jun 2014
This review is from: Steffi Love Welcome Baby (Toy)
Daughter really loves this doll, and what a great idea it is! Tummy lifts off to reveal baby that can be removed and playes with, and a flat tummy can be swivelled round to the front in ts place (if only losing the pregnancy weight was so easy in reallife!) Doll itself seems sturdy and well made but this loses a star as the doll's dress is so flimsy and quckly tore along the seams even though my daughter wasn't rough with it.

Melissa and Doug Wooden Nativity Set
Melissa and Doug Wooden Nativity Set
Price: 19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars nice nativity, 4 Feb 2013
bought this as was affordable and wanted a child friendly nativity. my daughter liked it and was able to play with it as well as look. holy family figures a bit white for my liking but I guess they could pass as Mediterranean. also annoyed that the figures are only painted one side and one of the wise men faces a different way to the others so two were following the star and the other heading off to the pub or something! lastly love the wooded boxes Melissa and doug stuff comes in but why oh why do you never provide a lid?!

Chicken Squeaker Toy Car
Chicken Squeaker Toy Car
Offered by Baba Me
Price: 6.79

3.0 out of 5 stars cute but small, 4 Feb 2013
This review is from: Chicken Squeaker Toy Car (Toy)
liked this toy, bought as a Christmas gift. it was smaller than i expected when I ordered it but it is cute.

Breastvest - White - M (UK 12-14, EUR 40, US 8)
Breastvest - White - M (UK 12-14, EUR 40, US 8)
Offered by Nest Shop
Price: 13.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful, 24 Aug 2012
Currently living in breastvests - they make feeding so easy. Normal feeding tops don't work for me and these let you use your ordinary clothes over the top. Straps a bit fiddly to adjust and maybe it's slightly overpriced for a vest but those are only drawbacks. Has washed well.

Melissa & Doug Make a Face Sticker Pad
Melissa & Doug Make a Face Sticker Pad
Price: 4.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sticker book but surprisingly big, 24 Aug 2012
My daughter really loved this sticker book. She is just three years old and was able to stick the stickers in (nearly) the right places. I bought this to play with in car on a journey but it turned out to be A3 size so wasn't really practical so we played with it at home. She was also given an Usborne sticker dressing doll book while we were away, which she preferred to the Make a Face pad

Giraffes Can't Dance
Giraffes Can't Dance
by Giles Andreae
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story, 24 Aug 2012
This review is from: Giraffes Can't Dance (Paperback)
This is a lovely and inspiring story loved by my daughter (3 yrs old) we also have it on DVD read by Hugh Laurie which is a treat.

My Very First Bible and Prayers
My Very First Bible and Prayers
by Lois Rock
Price: 10.40

5.0 out of 5 stars A favourite book, 15 July 2011
My daughter's Godmother bought her this for her Baptism. The Bible is her favourite book ever, with the prayer book coming in a close second! I love the bright pictures - the toddlers look like toddlers and there are lots of animals to point out and mimic the noises of/name now she is getting older. Am just about to buy one for a friend's daughter who is getting baptised, hopefully she will like it as much...

Baby-led Weaning: Helping Your Baby to Love Good Food
Baby-led Weaning: Helping Your Baby to Love Good Food
by Gill Rapley
Price: 7.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd never tried purees!, 4 Feb 2010
Got this book when 8 month old started refusing anything (except fromage frais!) on a spoon. I was a bit desperate to work out how she could have a healthy finger food diet and not subsist on rice cakes and toast. This book is great for allaying any fears about baby led weaning and to use to back up what you're doing when talking to friends/family members who may worry that the baby will choke. After reading this book I am a total convert and can't believe I ever put my daughter through the puree feeding. She is a very assertive baby and likes to be in control so is loads happier feeding herself than having spoons of puree thrust at her.

Only disappointment was that there were no recipes for interesting finger foods in the book. I guess the point is that the baby can eat whatever the adults are having but this isn't always practical and, as I'm starting with an older baby, I would like recipes for fish fingers/meatballs that would help her get her protein/iron.

Annabel Karmel's New Complete Baby & Toddler Meal Planner
Annabel Karmel's New Complete Baby & Toddler Meal Planner
by Annabel Karmel
Price: 8.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Yummy Purees, 4 Feb 2010
Borrowed this book from the library when I started weaning my daughter - the purees are really tasty (for adults too!) and the meal planners just set everything out quite simply. We loosely followed these as we didn't really know what we are doing. Daughter loved purees until she decided she hated spoons at 8 months and we switched to finger food/baby led weaning.

My First Signs: BSL (Baby Signing)
My First Signs: BSL (Baby Signing)
by Annie Kubler
Edition: Board book
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Want to know which signs are covered?, 28 Aug 2009
We bought this book as we are planning to do signing with our baby. This book has lovely illustrations and is very clear. We also bought 'Let's sign, Early Years' as were unsure how many signs were covered in 'My First Signs'. Given that we are likely to just dabble in signing 'My First Signs' will probably be enough.

Thought others might like to know which signs are covered:

milk, drink. eat, biscuit, more, hot, all gone/finished, dirty, nappy, wash, toilet/potty, bath, sleep/bed, hug/cuddle, dad/father, mum/mother, hurt, where, ill/unwell, medicine, teddy bear, ball, baby/doll, aeroplane, book, out/outside, walk, cold, car, home/house, dog, cat, rabbit, bird, please, thank-you, sorry, well done, good, no/stop, I, love, you

So, plenty to get you started in just 12 pages!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2010 7:18 PM BST