Profile for Derek Walker > Reviews

Content by Derek Walker

Derek Walker

Running with the Kenyans: Discovering the secrets of the fastest people on earth
by Adharanand Finn

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read thoroughly enjoyed it!, 13 Sep 2012
I picked up this book and was captivated by it. I loved the whole concept of packing your bags and moving your whole family including 3 very young children to a part of the world most of us would last five minutes and immerse your whole family into a very simple life style to experience the life of a Kenyan runner! Total respect and admiration to Adharanands Wife and 3 children who lived the life and gave up a western lifestyle to support his project. This is not only a really interesting journey for Adharanand it is a very brave thing to do and I think Marietta his wife deserves massive credit for supporting this. There are thousands of people who say "I would love to be able to do that" and there are only a handful who actually take that leap of faith of actually do it. Its great to read about his journey to learn about the top kenyans and I love how he meets them, mingles with them and how accessible these extremely talented but very humble people are. I also enjoy the personal goal to run like the Kenyans and improve his own running times which is a great inspiration to all us casual runners who will be inspired by this.