ARRAY(0xb3b38d98)

elleno

VTech InnoTab Software: Thomas & Friends - Exploring Sodor
VTech InnoTab Software: Thomas & Friends - Exploring Sodor

5.0 out of 5 stars A popular choice, 23 Jan 2013
My young grandson loves Thomas and this has given him a good introduction to his innotab. It is easy to use.

iTechCover® Amazon Kindle UK 3 Pin Mains / Wall Charger Cable Lead & Capacitive Stylus Touch Pen (Kindle, Kindle Touch, Touch 3G, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD / 3G, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 3 / 3G, Kindle Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display) - 2-in-1 Accessory Pack
Offered by Phone M8 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Saves on battery life, 23 Jan 2013
Bought this for grandson as he was getting innotab for Christmas. He can use his innotab now without a problem with battery life.

Head Over Heel: Seduced by Southern Italy
Head Over Heel: Seduced by Southern Italy

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 17 Aug 2012
I took this with me on a holiday to Italy (the Amalfi coast, not quite the area described in the book which was far more entertaining). Seeing Italy through the eyes of an expat was hilarious but Chris retains respect for the culture and people despite his frustrations. His portrayal of Daniela's parents, her father's tragic decline and her mother's gritty courage was touching and sensitive. It is superbly written with sharp detail and lyrical prose which transports the reader from the holiday image of Italy to its rural byeways and a feeling of what real life is like.

The Elephant Whisperer
The Elephant Whisperer

5.0 out of 5 stars A joy to read, 17 Aug 2012
I downloaded this without knowing any background to the book and at first thought it was entertaining fiction. Then I checked the game reserve and author on the internet and discovered to my delight that this was a real life account. The writer can relate his amazing experiences with brisk pace, humour and vivid detail. His love of the wildlife he nurtures and protects is inspirational and his respect for the African community where he lives is exemplary. I read it while travelling and away from home and it could be enjoyed in bite size chunks while being utterly engaging. You can even go there on safari - I wish!

William Carey
William Carey
by S Pearce Carey

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 16 Aug 2012
This review is from: William Carey (Paperback)
This is a superbly researched and fascinatingly detailed account of the period when Carey lived as well as a biography of the man. I was completely absorbed by this book and challenged by the achievement of Carey from such a humble background to become a renowned scholar and missionary. I found it spiritually uplifting and would recommend it to all Christians and those interested in 18/19thC history of Britain and India.

The Stranger's Child
The Stranger's Child

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 16 Aug 2012
I downloaded this to my kindle on the basis it was a saga from 19C to present day and I think it was short listed for an award. Its main characters are homosexuals and their liaisons at different periods in history; not a theme of interest to me. It is well written with good characterisation but not one likeable character and no discernible 'plot'. It finally petered out and I found there was no further page on the kindle without any sense of completion. A good writer but not for me an enjoyable read.

Portable Travelling Adjustable Folding Table-Click NEW for colour options.
Portable Travelling Adjustable Folding Table-Click NEW for colour options.
Offered by Shop Monk

3.0 out of 5 stars Did what we wanted, 1 Jan 2012
The table is light and adjustable; fine for craft, reading, laptop but not stable enough for elderly or young to use for a meal. Highly portable.

Vax C90-M1-B Mach 1 Multicyclonic Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
Vax C90-M1-B Mach 1 Multicyclonic Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by Topnotchsales

3.0 out of 5 stars had to claim on the guarantee, 28 Sep 2011
Bought the Vax because my previous Vax lasted for 19 years (and still works well). I found this one a bit complicated to undo and put together, the flex is not as long as the old model and the pipes/brush head are plastic rather than metal so it felt 'cheaper'. The brush head has only one line of brush and then a plastic fin descends if you adjust it for hard floor cleaning. It took time to get used to replacing the hand tools correctly but I like having them to hand and use them a lot as a result. The cleaner has a powerful suction and a relativley quiet motor though the brush head can squeal a bit (maybe because of the strong suction). This is the first time I have used a bagless cleaner and I still can't empty this without spilling dust that then has to be hoovered up again. The filters take at least 24 hours to dry when washed which puts you off rinsing them (not so bad on a sunny day but more of a nuisance in winter)and puts the cleaner out of use in the meantime. The bad news is my machine broke down after 7 months (was it those filters?). I returned it under the 6 year guarantee, prompt service but still inconvenient. Two weeks later I had no word about it and contacted Vax with my tracking number. The machine seemed to have gone missing in transit but I was sent a new one immediately. (Fortunately my trusty 19 year old Vax did good service in the meantime). I feel these new models are delicate compared with the robust old one. I have retired now so have time to clean out dust chambers, wash and wait for filters to dry but if I was still working and if other family members were using it constantly, I don't know how long it would survive.