Profile for James T > Reviews

Content by James T

James T

GENUINE SAMSUNG BLACK PU LEATHER SLIDE IN CASE/COVER/POUCH WITH CARD SLOT BULK PACK SUITABLE FOR SAMSUNG I9100 GALAXY S2 + FLASH SUPERSTORE SCREEN PROTECTOR
Offered by FLASHSUPERSTORE
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Product, 17 Feb 2012
This case is well made and covers every single part of the phone. If you want a protective wallet/case, I would highly recommend this case! The phone fits very snugly and doesn't fall out if you hold it upside down.

DIGIFLEX Digital LCD Temperature and Humidity Meter Clock Alarm
DIGIFLEX Digital LCD Temperature and Humidity Meter Clock Alarm
Offered by Digiflex
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate Temperature Sensor, 16 Feb 2012
If you just want an accurate temperature and humidity sensor, this product is brilliant. It's within a degree or two of other thermometers in my house so i'm confident in saying it's pretty accurate! It is a good clock for an office, shows you the date and time and alternates between both every 5 seconds (I would probably have preferred it if both the date and time were displayed at the same time). It also seemed alot bigger that I expected it would, it stands at 10cm tall and 9cm wide.

Overall, a good little device, doesn't feel too cheepy. Would recommend.

StarTech.com LP4 to 2x LP4 Power Y Splitter Cable M/F
StarTech.com LP4 to 2x LP4 Power Y Splitter Cable M/F
Price: 3.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Does The Job, 16 Feb 2012
Nice and cheap - good value for money. Does exactly what it's supposed to with no problems: a simple molex splitter.

Case-Mate Barely There Case for Samsung Galaxy S2 (not compatible with Orange NFC handset) - Black
Offered by total digital stores
Price: 3.94

1.0 out of 5 stars Does Not Fit!!, 16 Feb 2012
There have been a few other reviews about this case not fitting the Samsung Galaxy S2 properly and mine is also the same. One of the corners would not clip into place. It appears not all buyers have had this problem, so it may just be the odd one. Regardless, i've sent mine back to amazon for a refund and have bought an official Samsung pouch instead.

Overall, the case seems a little cheaply made, as another review has mentioned, the cutouts for the headphone socket are a little rough around the edges (you could probably cut yourself if you brushed it against your skin). Apart from that, it would protect the back and sides of the phone, the case leaves the top and bottom edges a little exposed however. I did like the way it didn't impact the slim look of the phone.

StarTech.com 80x25mm Dual Ball Bearing Computer Case Fan w/ LP4 Connector
StarTech.com 80x25mm Dual Ball Bearing Computer Case Fan w/ LP4 Connector
Price: 5.24

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Noisy!, 9 Sep 2011
Unless the fan I received is dodgy, I'm surprised nobody has commented on how noisy this fan is! It is as load as a disc spinning at full speed in a CD/DVD drive and by far exceeds the noise of all 3 standard fans I have in my computer combined (when running at high speeds).... However, for little over 5 I'm not sure I can really complain....

**##WARNING##**
This fan comes with NO screws at all! I was lucky and happened to have a few laying around.

However, this fan really does shift air pretty well, I currently have it screwed in the front of my case sucking air into the computer, it does the job really well.

Overall, I will be purchasing a new, quieter fan to replace this one... Before I installed this fan I could hear the Hard Drive ticking when copying files etc. Now, I can't hear anything other than the fan. I would suggest buying this fan if you aren't bothered about the noise your computer makes (however noisy) but want a good, cheap fan that will certainly help improve the air flow around your computer.

LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 (Nintendo DS)
LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 (Nintendo DS)
Price: 10.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Good game, 16 Oct 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I've always been a fan of the Lego games and this one is not one to disappoint. A good all round game which is good fun for the kids too! I particularly like the more interactivity the DS gives you compared to other console versions of the game (i.e PS3 or Xbox 360).

MySQL in a Nutshell (In a Nutshell (O'Reilly))
MySQL in a Nutshell (In a Nutshell (O'Reilly))
by Russell J.T. Dyer
Price: 22.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Condition, Excellent Book, 16 Oct 2010
I ordered this book mostly to refer to example SQL code, ranging from basic to complex queries. This book demonstrates and explains each example clearly (with drawn tables). Would definitely recommend it to those who wish to learn SQL. I received this item quickly and was amazed at the condition of the book. The item description warned of minor bookshelf wear but you could almost class the book as brand new. Extremely happy with it and would definitely purchase from the seller again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 19, 2010 10:00 AM BST

Belkin PCI Express Card USB 2.0 5 Ports
Belkin PCI Express Card USB 2.0 5 Ports

5.0 out of 5 stars PCI-E USB Card, 19 Aug 2010
A great addition to a PC in providing extra USB ports.

I purchased this instead of a standard PCI USB Card simply because I had no more available PCI slots. I can't say I have noticed any difference in performance when connecting devices to this card than other USB ports on my PC (this card utilises PCI-E's high data bandwidth, in theory reducing the possible decrease in speed when data is sent from USB devices connected to this card). Worth the money if you haven't got a free standard PCI expansion slot.

Peugeot Keyring
Peugeot Keyring

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy with the keyring, 19 Aug 2010
This review is from: Peugeot Keyring
Item arrived in a small protective box (which was originally packaged in a bubble-wrap envelope). The keyring itself is slightly larger than I expected but light and of good quality. Happy with the item and would purchase from the seller again.