Profile for Frances > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
That Bear Ate My Pants! Adventures of a real Idiot Abroad
That Bear Ate My Pants! Adventures of a real Idiot Abroad

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud funny, 2 Sep 2014
This is a very funny book. Well written, I could picture exactly what was unfolding. This book is describing the author's travels and experiences. I don't normally read books like this. I'm glad I gave this book a chance. As soon as I finished this book I started on the next two books. Again, not something I would normally do. Give it a chance.

Mookie Scuttlebug Flowerbug Trike (Pink/Purple)
Mookie Scuttlebug Flowerbug Trike (Pink/Purple)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely set of wheels, 2 Sep 2014
I bought this for my niece who was 15 months at the time. It was love at first sight. Well maybe not for my sister-in-law. Good quality adjustable trike. My niece was climbing onto it as soon as she saw it. She is a very small girl and the trike was a bit big for her but she was not willing to let such a detail hold her back. Glad I bought it.

Easidri High Performance Cooling Coat for Dogs XSmall
Easidri High Performance Cooling Coat for Dogs XSmall
Offered by VetnPet
Price: 27.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but worth every penny., 2 Sep 2014
This has been a fabulous item for us. My border terrier x patterdale terrier does not cope well with heat. Prior to using this coat we were unable to walk more than 5 minutes on a summer day. A 40 minute walk in the evening was a real challenge and was not good for her. We see the coat drying out down her back within an hour but she is still fairly cool. We can now take our normal evening walk without the risk of her becoming seriously overheated. She is not quite the right size for these coats though. Her coat sits a little smaller than in the image but the next size up drowns her. I would recommend this coat to anyone with a dog that struggles with the heat.

Timex Expedition Men's Quartz Watch with Yellow Dial Analogue Display and Black Resin Strap T499424E
Offered by N7 FASHIONS LTD
Price: 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice army style watch, 2 Sep 2014
This is quite a robust watch. It is still going strong despite being worn by a 15 year old boy. It has a nice army look without the large price tag.

Le Creuset Set of 4 Mini Casseroles (discontinued by manufacturer)
Le Creuset Set of 4 Mini Casseroles (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, 2 Sep 2014
These are exactly as you would expect from Le Creuset. They do look quite small when you take them out of the packaging but are quite deceptive in size. I have found that they are a nice size for making individual savoury pies. Even my teenage boys are happy with the size.

Ancol/Pure Dog Listeners - Stop Pulling Dog Training Harness & Lead Set - Small Size 3-4 (inc DVD)
Price: 15.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well but....., 2 Sep 2014
The harness works well but is not suitable for dogs with a narrow chest. It has been the first product that has instantly got my border terrier x patterdale terrier to walk nicely. She is 4 years old. Unfortunately as she has quite a narrow chest the harness moved quite a lot during our walk and actually rubbed away at her upper leg, near armpit causing open, weeping sores. She doesn't wear the harness any more. It does fit much better onto our mini schnauzer.

Don't Need The Whole Dog!
Don't Need The Whole Dog!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read, 2 Sep 2014
2nd book in the series. Funny book, not quite as funny as the first but well worth the read. Well written. You can picture the events unfolding. True stories about the author's travels.

Kamikaze Kangaroos!: 20,000 Miles Around Australia. One Van,Two Girls... And An Idiot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the read, 2 Sep 2014
Very enjoyable book. Looking forward to the next book. True stories that you can picture as you read. Lots of funny moments.

Life Of Pi
Life Of Pi
Price: 3.66

4.0 out of 5 stars I didn't know what to expect, 27 May 2014
This review is from: Life Of Pi (Kindle Edition)
I had not heard/read any of the hype about this book so went in blind, so to speak. I thoroughly enjoyed the book. There was humour in it that I wouldn't have expected.

Switchblade
Switchblade
Price: 0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disapointing, 27 May 2014
This review is from: Switchblade (Kindle Edition)
I was looking forward to reading this on holiday. I didnt realise that it was not a novel. It is only about 2 chapters worth of a story. The story is complete but more like an essay than a novel. It was good but I felt decidedly cheated with this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3