Profile for Helen S-C > Reviews

Content by Helen S-C

Helen S-C "Helen" (UK)

The Happy Puppy Handbook: Your Definitive Guide to Puppy Care and Early Training
by Pippa Mattinson

5.0 out of 5 stars A textbook for puppy ownership, 10 Feb. 2015
I bought this as I was already buying 'the perfect puppy' and I needed to increase my order over £10 to get free delivery. This was nearly a third the price of the other book and having read both cover to cover at least 2 times I find myself dipping into this if I have any questions.

It is well laid out. Has summaries at the end of each chapter and excellent advice and info that is backed up and explained using empirical studies of dog behaviour. It doesn't talk down to you and acknowledges the importance of knowing why your puppy does what they do as a basis of how you then shape this behaviour.

Excellent and if I had to have only one puppy book now it would be this one.

3 month old whippet, now clean in house (99%) and learnt to sit, stay, stand, lie down, leave and playing nicely and investigating her world.

Dead Streets: The Matt Richter Series - Book II (Nekropolis 2)
Dead Streets: The Matt Richter Series - Book II (Nekropolis 2)
by Tim Waggoner

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, good condition, 19 Aug. 2014
Very happy

Gel Polish Nail Manicure Kit Original Bluesky Top Base Coat Mylee UV Lamp Dryer High Quality ABS Plastic and Faster Curing times
Offered by Just Beauty UK

4.0 out of 5 stars decent bit of beginner kit., 19 Aug. 2014
Good price when you compare how much the individual components would cost. Easy to use and assemble, seems pretty sturdy. I have used it 3 times now to do a shellac manicure, both on hands and feet. Sometimes one timed exposure is not quite enough and you have to use two but that depends on the thickness of the varnish and whether it is opaque etc... I use white nail varnish which seems to reflect it pretty well and needs a decent length of time. On clear varnish it cures with one exposure fine. I love the timer though as it means you don't have to clock watch. I would rather have to press the button twice than set a timer of my own. I think next time I will get a more expensive brand of shellac as I get on better with it. But really it is much of a muchness when you have to redo it each 2 weeks anyway when it grows out. If you are wanting something to try out shellac for yourself and don't wanna invest huge sums off the bat this gives you that tryout for less than the cost of one manicure. And I don't see myself going back to the salon too soon.

Panache Sports Women's Bra, Cobalt, Size: 32G
Panache Sports Women's Bra, Cobalt, Size: 32G

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and comfy even when bouncing, 1 Aug. 2014
I have several of these as being a 34GG I need the support! Excellent and comfy even when bouncing. I have run in these, pole danced (upsidedown suspension) and done aerobics and never had a concern that I might 'come loose'. Shoulder straps are comfy. The racer back option is also good (though obviously remember to loosen the straps first).

Lenco SCD-24 Portable Radio CD Player - White
Lenco SCD-24 Portable Radio CD Player - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Aug. 2014
Good little thing. Exactly what I needed.

RSPB 550g Suet Nibbles with Mealworms
RSPB 550g Suet Nibbles with Mealworms

5.0 out of 5 stars Very popular. I managed to attract every bird in ..., 1 Aug. 2014
Very popular. I managed to attract every bird in a 3 mile radius I think. They were fighting over them.

Star Trek: The Original Series - The Full Journey [DVD]
Star Trek: The Original Series - The Full Journey [DVD]
Dvd ~ William Shatner
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars just love the corny cheesy magnificence, 31 Jan. 2014
I was concerned about buying this set rather than the normal DVD cases as the DVDs are in a card holder and there seems to be little to protect them from scratches. That being said they are held securely in place and do not move about as they would in a DVD case, you aren't likely to be getting them in and out constantly and if you were you could just slip something in to protect them or remove altogether. I am really anal about my DVDs and even I can put up with this. Also as a collector or semi OCD person it pleases me to know I can purchase matching sets for other series rather than having a mishmash of styles. A minor but important point and you can replace the card interior with CD holders and no-one would know as it would be in the box.

The inexpensive price makes up for the slightly cheap presentation/storage.

As this was before my time I only even caught a few repeats, usually at odd hours and never in the right order. Now I am up to the tribble eppisode and loving every minute. It is so wonderfully corny but caries well.

Swissvoice Epure Full Eco Cordless Single DECT Telephone - Black
Swissvoice Epure Full Eco Cordless Single DECT Telephone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars stylish and practical, 31 Jan. 2014
I have wanted one of these for quite a while as they look so good and have good reviews. Powerful speaker means you don't have to turn it up on speaker phone. Looks great against a light background and seems to have good signal.

Ford Fiesta MK6 Rear View Mirror 2001 - 2008
Ford Fiesta MK6 Rear View Mirror 2001 - 2008
Offered by Auto-Accessorize

5.0 out of 5 stars fits the bill, 31 Jan. 2014
Replacement bought for a ford fiesta rear view that got headbutted and broken. Snapped onto the original fitting which was excellent as we didn't want to have to replace it or put another on. Looks just like new, you can't tell it as been replaced.