Profile for T. S. Morton > Reviews

Content by T. S. Morton

T. S. Morton "T M" (England)

Page: 1 | 2
Hammer of the Gods [Blu-ray]
Hammer of the Gods [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Charlie Bewley
Price: 5.87

1.0 out of 5 stars One of the worst films I have seen for quite a long time., 1 Mar 2014
In the first 5 minutes there is a viking fight scene, to rock music, where each of the main characters has a freeze frame where their name comes up in metallic writing. The movie does not get better from there... The storyline impressively manages to be both predictable and ridiculous at the same time.

A Newbie's Guide to OS X Mavericks: Switching Seamlessly from Windows to Mac
A Newbie's Guide to OS X Mavericks: Switching Seamlessly from Windows to Mac
by Minute Help Guides
Price: 4.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very useful., 28 Feb 2014
I have never had a mac before and this book arrived two days after my mac. I found by that time I already knew most of the things in this book but still had a lot of questions.

The book is less than 80 pages long. This only took a few hours to read and tried to cover too much in too little space. For instance, the book tried to cover the program "Automator" in 7 lines, with it barely explaining what the application even does and it suggesting I could learn more about it through online tutorials... I expect when I buy a book to teach me something it shouldn't be referring me to use other sources to find out basic information. Another example is the shortcuts are all different on the mac compared to windows computers yet the book only covers a small selection of the shortcuts available.

Another problem with the book, is even though its cheap, the quality is very poor. After only a few hours of reading I found the book to be misshapen. Furthermore, the print quality is poor and the pictures could at least be in colour.

Overall, I would say although this book is cheap it is not value for money and I don't feel much better off after reading it. I will be planning to buy another more useful book now.

Buffalo Juststore 500GB USB 2.0 Slimline Portable External Hard Drive - Black
Buffalo Juststore 500GB USB 2.0 Slimline Portable External Hard Drive - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Just buy a different one, 2 Nov 2011
For 4-6 months this worked well and from then on it began to break...Now one year down the line it only connects half the time, disconnected periodically and sometimes takes ages to move files.

New Scientist Subscription Gift Pack ( 26 issues)
New Scientist Subscription Gift Pack ( 26 issues)
by Reed Business Information
Edition: Unbound

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 31 Oct 2010
I didnt get the subscription code in my pack, but i rang up the helpline and they sorted it out really quickly.

TeckNet USB 2.0 4 Port Hub, bus-powered
TeckNet USB 2.0 4 Port Hub, bus-powered

2.0 out of 5 stars Mostly broken, 31 Oct 2010
I've had this for a while now, but it started breaking after a few months. Now only one of the usb plugs even works.

Duracell 1 Hour Charger Including 4 AA Batteries CEF80 Black
Duracell 1 Hour Charger Including 4 AA Batteries CEF80 Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Save so much money!, 18 Dec 2009
I've had these for a year now and have found them so useful. They really do charge in an hour and for the amount of times you can reuse them compared to how much they cost over a normal set of batteries, it's definitely worth the buy.

iFrogz - Ear Pollution D-33 With Travel Case - Black
iFrogz - Ear Pollution D-33 With Travel Case - Black
Offered by thebookcommunity_fba
Price: 29.64

3.0 out of 5 stars Did not last long, 18 Dec 2009
I liked these when i got them. The sounds not the best, but it's better than a few others i've had. But they broke quickly. Which i found very annoying.

Otterbox Commuter Case for Blackberry 8520 Gemini Curve
Otterbox Commuter Case for Blackberry 8520 Gemini Curve
Offered by Accessory-Shop
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, 18 Dec 2009
The case it brilliant. I was worried that it would make the phone bulky-but it fits very nicely and the phone is still very slim. The case fits nicely in your hand and gives the phone extra grip. This is definitely worth the extra money over cheaper cases.

Logic3 MIP108 I-Station 8 iPod Speakers/Docking Station - White
Logic3 MIP108 I-Station 8 iPod Speakers/Docking Station - White

4.0 out of 5 stars brilliant speakers terrible battery life, 10 Jun 2008
When i bought these, i bout some nice expensive rechargeable batteries. I'm so glad i did that...I've had to buy some more to go with it as well. The sound is incredible, but if you want to take these outside with one set of batteries, i wouldn't go far. If you like it loud (75% +), then you will love them at first...after 40 minutes the quality starts failing and at an hour it will turn off.remember they take 6 batteries at a time. They are definitely still worth it though.

Griffin iClear - Crystal-Clear Hard-Shell Case For iPod Touch 1st Generation
Griffin iClear - Crystal-Clear Hard-Shell Case For iPod Touch 1st Generation

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and stylish, 16 May 2008
I usually hate cases... i buy them thinking i will use them, find them annoying and take them off after a month...then drop my mp3 player. However, this it very subtle. It fits perfectly and still allows you to be in awe of the slender style of the ipod touch. Its simple to remove with your fingernail and protects the screen, as even face down on a surface the screen it safe. The screen protector is also very nice, but it does come off quite quickly when the case is off... but that extra protection just makes you feel a little more at ease. This case is how all cases should be. If you want to keep your ipod in good condition, buy it.

Page: 1 | 2