ARRAY(0xaed8fb28)

Profile for Stu1201 > Reviews

Content by Stu1201

Stu1201 "Stu1201" (London, UK)

Stellar Variations
Stellar Variations
Price: 10.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Hawkwind album for years, 21 May 2013
This review is from: Stellar Variations (Audio CD)
This is how I want Hawkwind to sound now - an overall heavier sound than previous 'propper' HW albums which I really like - lots of Dave singing and playing lead guitar. Great stuff.

Behringer AMP800 Mini Amp 4 Channel Stereo Headphone Amplifier
Behringer AMP800 Mini Amp 4 Channel Stereo Headphone Amplifier
Price: 49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to., 21 May 2013
Overall very good. Nice and clean sound. Fairly light weight construction, but as I've installed it into my project studio thats not a problem. if you are going out on the road than maybe another product would suit you better. But for me its very good and suits very well.

Looking For Love In The Lost Land Of Dreams
Looking For Love In The Lost Land Of Dreams
Price: 9.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent solo album from Hawkwind main man, 21 May 2013
This album totally exceeded my expectations. I found his other solo albums a bit weak but this is not so. It shows another side to Brock with a sensitive almost melancholic nature. Overall the album flows really well and it span round continuously in my car for many days.

Shrine of the New Generation Slaves (Limited Edition)
Shrine of the New Generation Slaves (Limited Edition)
Price: 13.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally brillaint, 27 Mar 2013
A great album that I like more than the Steven Wilsons new one. Great song, great vocals - I don't know much of their other output but this is great. Its got a sort of modern King Crimson, Pink Floyd feel.

Sound City [Blu-ray] [2013]
Sound City [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Kenny Stoff
Price: 13.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 27 Mar 2013
If you are interested in recording rock music, like me, then this is an absolute must for you. Dave Grohl is an excellent host and has a real passion for music and recording and this he conveys. The guy is living the dream, jamming with Paul Macartney, Stevie Nicks and othere greats and making a film about it.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice, 27 July 2012
Excellent sound quality and a real pleasure listening to it. I guess it must be from the latest Harvested version. The cover is single sleeved rather like a vinyl record back in the 70's. Glossy on the outside with a picture paper inner sleeve containing the CD it self. There is also a large multi folded black and white paper with english and japanese print on it. The CD is printed in a nice retro stylee. Initially I was rather disappointed with the whole cover, but actually I now like it it's definitely done with taste and the whole thing works well. Its not an official release - a bootleg even? But its a really nice one.

Novation Remote SL Zero MKII
Novation Remote SL Zero MKII
Offered by Rich Tone Music
Price: 199.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for Logic Pro 8, 10 Feb 2011
Its a real shame that this product is poor with Logic Pro 8 (8.0.2). It does NOT control any of Logics Fx. In mixer mode it will ONLY control the volume sliders and ONE other set of controls - so thats either pan OR send 1, or send 2 etc eventhough it has TWO sets of control pots.
I am particularly annoyed as this was NOT made clear in any of the publicity I saw, which all shows the all singing all dancing Logic Pro 9, which seems to be the one to have.
So my advice - unless you have Logic Pro 9 - DO NOT get this unit.

Moon44 [DVD]
Moon44 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Micheal Pare
Offered by CP UK And Global LTD
Price: 1.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, 10 Feb 2011
This review is from: Moon44 [DVD] (DVD)
I loved this film, low budget 80's sci-fi at its best. Its the dark dirty style of sci-fi like Outland, Alien and Blade Runner, (but cheaper). My copy too had the same audio drop out for a few mins, but it didn't make much difference, as the plot is pretty thin. A very enjoyable film - if you like that sort of thing.