Profile for James Cook > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
SET OF Bosch Lawnmower & Trimmer with Noise Outdoor Garden Toy
SET OF Bosch Lawnmower & Trimmer with Noise Outdoor Garden Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 Sept. 2013
I bought these as my boys, 2 & 5, wanted to 'help' cut the grass and these looked ace online and they are even better now we've got them. The boys, and friends, love them and they look real.

Freetime 4 Kidz Instant Pop Up Zig Zag Tube
Freetime 4 Kidz Instant Pop Up Zig Zag Tube

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 Sept. 2013
This pop up tube is excellent and the kids love it. Well made and easy to 'Pop Up' and put away.

Never Go Back (Jack Reacher, Book 18)
Never Go Back (Jack Reacher, Book 18)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Reacher book for a while, 4 Sept. 2013
I've read all the Jack Reacher books this year, read the first and loved the characters and ordered them all, the problem with reading the series in a matter of months is that it can get very samey and the past few have been good but not great and i was getting a bit bored of the series.
BUT I pre-ordered 'Never Go Back' and am extremely pleased I did as it was non stop from start to finish and plenty of twists and turns along the way. Overall I really enjoyed the book and could not put it down. It was true 'Reacher' from start to finish.
The story was excellent and the writing was top notch; all the characters worked well.
I almost wanted the ending to be different and there were several ways it could've gone.
I'm looking forward to the next book, 2014 I assume, and it be interesting to see if's a completely clean slate or if it follows on somehow....
If you're a Reacher fan and aren't sure whether to read this or not - DO !!

Niedermayer & Hart
Niedermayer & Hart

3.0 out of 5 stars It's alright, 22 May 2013
I feel a bit bad only giving this three stars compared to all the other five's but I didn't love this book it was just okay.
The first third(ish) was really good and the pace and plot was building but then the twist it took and the reason for the 'terror' i found a bit cumbersome.
Overall it was an okay read but I wouldn't reccomend to friends.

Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4)
Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars A good yet sometimes hard read, 16 May 2013
Okay I pre-ordered this as I decided that I wanted to read the latest book by Dan Brown and the continuing adventures of Robert Langdon as thanks to the Da Vinci Code i have read a lot of books that are similar in history and style.
It's taken me three days to read this but I could have taken a lot longer as I found it at times hard to read; not that the story was bad but the facts and descriptions were sometimes well like reading a history book.
The plot is good if not a bit far-fetched but it is a fictional book...!
The story flowed for the most part but did get a little complicated here and there and not overly pleased with the ending mainly because I have no idea where Dan Brown takes Robert Langdon next.
So overall yes I enjoyed it but going back would I have pre-ordered it - No i'd have waited for a Kindle offer or cheaper paperback.

God's Lions - The Dark Ruin
God's Lions - The Dark Ruin

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome third instalment, 14 May 2013
John Lyman does it again!
Well I've read all three books in the space of a week and am blown away!
This was another fantastic story that is so well told with the excellent existing characters and we're introduced to some excellent new ones.
The story has been building to this moment as the Antichrist enters the world in a charming human form and as we say hello to new characters sadly we say goodbye to others.
I cannot wait for the fourth book and the next instalment and find out what happens next.

God's Lions - House of Acerbi
God's Lions - House of Acerbi

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing second book, 14 May 2013
Well what can I say apart from Wow! I really enjoyed the first book and wasn't sure how the second book would pan out - would it be as good etc.
Well it did and more so, it was brilliant.
The details and the story made it so enjoyable to read and never before have I been so interested in religion and history, don't be put off, it is written in such a way that it is so interesting its amazing.
The characters from the first book are bought back together again to face a new enemy and again the pace and storyline are brilliant.
I cannot recommend this enough.

God's Lions: The Secret Chapel
God's Lions: The Secret Chapel

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book, 14 May 2013
I bought this as it was recommended by Amazon and I am so glad that I did. At first I wasn't sure if it'd be another Dan Brown copycat but not at all.
This is a brand new take story in its own right and the pace is fantastic, the story line is excellent and the mix of characters works wonderfully.
The research that must have been undertaken shines through as the facts make the story so much more believable.
I was gripped throughout and really really enjoyed this book so much I immediately bought the other two books that are available.

The Templar's Quest (Caedmon Aisquith)
The Templar's Quest (Caedmon Aisquith)

3.0 out of 5 stars Very much a fictional tale, 7 May 2013
I have just finished this book and overall I enjoyed it as a fictional tale that kept me occupied for a few days.
I do agree with some of the other reviewers that the chararcters are very one dimensional and there are a lot of unexplained events and also that the title doesn't really relate to the storyline.
But all that said it was an okay storyline and plot, it did go way over the top at times, but i enjoyed it overall and you just have to remember this is a fictional book not a factual one.

The Boy from Reactor 4 (The Nadia Tesla Series Book 1)
The Boy from Reactor 4 (The Nadia Tesla Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this book, 26 April 2013
I really enjoyed this book and was very impressed as it was a debut. The storyline was brilliant, the pace was spot on and switched gears perfectly when needed, the characters were believeable and the twists and turns were excellent.
Overall a thoroughly good read and I recommend this to others.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18