Profile for Hannah > Reviews

Wedding Night
Wedding Night
by Sophie Kinsella

4.0 out of 5 stars A must read for all Kinsella fans!, 5 Nov 2013
This review is from: Wedding Night (Hardcover)
I brought this book to read on a recent holiday, and I loved it.

As usual with Sophie Kinsella's books, Wedding night is a laugh out loud book. I did get a couple of weird glances from my friends by the pool during one particular scene in the first chapter where things don't exactly go according to Lottie's' plans!

I have read some reviews from people that think Lottie is like Becky from the Shopaholic series (these will always be my favourite of Sophie Kinsella's books), and while I can see the similarities, I think she writes these characters brilliantly. I found Lottie hilarious, and cringed at her embarrassing moments (of which there are a few!)

It was the perfect holiday read and a must read for all Sophie Kinsella fans. I passed it onto my friend who had never heard of her before, and she is now working her way through the rest of the books!

Chasing Daisy
Chasing Daisy
by Paige Toon

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it in a day!, 3 Nov 2013
This review is from: Chasing Daisy (Paperback)
I love this book!
It is the perfect holiday book, and one that I have read and re-read (and re-re-read) many times, so much so that some of the pages are starting to fall out...
No matter how many times I read it, it still makes me laugh. You always know it is going to be a good read when the author has you laughing on the first page of the prologue!
The story has a completely unexpected twist in it, but as always, Paige Toon tells it in an amazing way and brings the characters to life.
I felt lost after finishing Daisy's story and am now working my way through the rest of the Paige Toon books!

The Opportunist (Love Me With Lies Book 1)
The Opportunist (Love Me With Lies Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent read!, 13 Jan 2013
I had read reviews on goodreads which gave this book full marks so I was excited to read it and I certainly wasn't disappointed.
The book had plenty of twists and turns and I couldn't put it down, I read it all in two sittings and then went on to read the sequel the day after.It is about an addictive relationship between Olivia and Caleb, which pulls the reader in. I loved that neither Olivia or Leah were typical female characters in YA books. Both have an evil cunning side yet at times throughout the book you can sympathize with both.
I loved reading this and the sequel, and I'm hoping there will be another one soon.
This was a great read and i'd definitely recommend it, but beware - it is hard to find another book you will want to read after this one!