Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer

Babyway Mimas Luxury Travel Cot
Babyway Mimas Luxury Travel Cot

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cot, 17 April 2012
I did quite a bit of research on travel cots because we are/will use it for trips to visit the grandparents, holiday abroad, and as a transition bed in our room while baby is too big for crib but too young for the nursery.

Surprisingly, despite the fact that it's a huge cot, it was one of the lightest I could find. It folds quickly and neatly into the travel bag and is quick to assemble.

The main reason I bought it was that the bassinette was described as suitable up to 6 months, and most others said 3 months. I find the bassinette to be great - its deep enough that I think my baby will get to at least 6 months in it, but high enough that I can reach in to pick-up/put down a sleeping baby. It is suspended from the top of the crib so it rocks slightly when baby turns and kicks (nice intermediate step between rocking crib and solid cot).

Like all travel cots, the mattress provided is too solid for everyday use but I'm sure it would be ok for occasional use. We bought a mattress with it and it's perfect (but a bit bulky for travel).

We didn't use the changing mat but it seems pretty good. It seems to be a great size for a playpen too and the zip able entrance will be great fun for a toddler to crawl in and out of.

I will definately be recommending it to our friends.