Profile for keefnet > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
LD Systems SHPH 1 Headphone Holder
LD Systems SHPH 1 Headphone Holder

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my AKG702's, 9 Feb. 2015
I had an ikea lamp that fell off the hall table and smashed into a zillion pieces - took the bulb holder out of the end so I had the sturdy base and 12" long steel, 15mm diameter rod: the headphone holder attached at the top of the rod, a filler in the rod to make it look fine, and voila - a perfect headphone holder. Rock solid -- looks robust, and I have a perfect headphone stand at a fraction of the cost of something that looks this grand and I could add a 2nd if I wanted.
My AKG 702K sit on there very nicely - about 20mm spare on the flat when measuring the AKG band.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Neet® - WiFi Wireless Music Receiver - AIRPLAY + DNLA - for APPLE (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac), ANDROID (phones, tablets), WINDOWS (Laptop, PC) - High quality wireless audio streaming - Wolfson DAC - Turn your Speaker Dock, stereo Hi-Fi, home theatre etc. into a wireless sound system.
Offered by Neet Cables

5.0 out of 5 stars NEET WiFi receiver, 25 Nov. 2014
Hooked up to my Marantz PM6005 Amp via optical and sound is better than the Logitech Bluetooth adapter I was trying out, so sent back the BT and kept this.
Rooted tablet (Galaxy Tab S), installed Airplay (tried before purchasing for nearly £4), then can run PowerAmp on tablet and audio is streamed via WiFi -- now I'm converting all my CD's to FLAC for lossless audio. Fantastic.
Allstream on Android was an alternative option to Airplay, but the widget for Airplay sold it to me, so easy to attach and detach the target receiver (Neet box). Allstream wasn't bad at all, functionally and audibly the same, and also easy to attach airplay or DLNA devices via pop up screen, but I liked the widget function of Airplay as I only really want to use the one target receiver, even though it also picks up my Sony STRDN1040, and my LG TV :-)

Casio Gents Watch G-Shock GA-100A-7AER
Casio Gents Watch G-Shock GA-100A-7AER

5.0 out of 5 stars Bling, or what!, 28 May 2013
More of a "looks" review, rather than functional: I have the black version -- stealth one, that is great and this white one is very nice.... easy to read display. It's like my wrist got pimped.
I have to say I really like it.... much more than I thought I would. And the 1000th sec hand (top centre dial) works on this one where the black one it always stops in the same spot.
Anyway, picked this up for a bargain price and very happy with it -- just have to resist wearing all the time i.e. when doing jobs and stuff that I bought the black one for.... wouldnt; want to mark the white one -- save for when out and about.
I would recommend it -- I thought it might be way over the top being big and white -- looks bigger than the black version, but I love it really.

Seben 31.7mm 1.25" Zoom 8-24mm FMC Telescope Eyepiece
Seben 31.7mm 1.25" Zoom 8-24mm FMC Telescope Eyepiece

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain and clear views - Absolutley perfect for moon viewing, 24 April 2013
I am quite new to astronomy but since spending hundreds on eyepieces with fixed apertures, I decided to try a low cost zoom.
This arrived within a short time. There are some specs of something to the edge of the lens when looking through -- not sure I'll be able to remove them but they don't appear to show up when looking at the moon and stars.
Last night, viewing was pretty good, but not absolutely perfect. However, the moon, close to being full, looked amazing through this eyepiece. Zoomed out, the moon filled the field of view -- and you watched as the moon majestically moves across the sky, in awe - really impressive.
Then, zooming in, with little change in focus on the telescope (A Skywatcher 250P), the moon detail was impressive, and very bright - I do need to sort a moon filter out.
Considering around the £50 mark, this is an impressive eyepiece, especially for moon watching -- zoom smooth and solid, edge to edge clarity, I thought was very good.
I can't comment on other more expensive zoom eyepieces but this one to me, a bargain and amazing quality. If I only ever use for moon viewing, it's going to be very handy. The one downside of astronomy is changing eyepieces when viewing something that close, so this just fits perfectly and zoom range is also perfect.
Recommended (if you get one like mine - no idea on overall consistency for quality from the supplier/manufacturer). I had the choices and went for pretty much the cheapest as I didn't expect too much from a zoom lens..... how wrong was I!

Sony STRDN1030.CEK AV Receiver (Old model)
Sony STRDN1030.CEK AV Receiver (Old model)

4.0 out of 5 stars "what, no bluetooth?", 27 Dec. 2012
Well, I bought this at the same price as Amazon from a well known UK retailer for reduced price audio supplier after they didn't have the Denon 2113 that I fancied in stock. I have a previous model STRDN1000 but that doesn't support 3D HDMI so after looking at reviews on the Sony and the Denon, decided on the Denon but no stock, I bought the Sony (boxing day boys toy must have something purchase).

Looks good IMHO. Some reviews suggested input switching HDMI does have some lag and I'd agree. I'm just setting up my Logitech Harmony remote and switching between Activities does reveal some timely lag to end up where you want to be. That can be 10+ seconds - sounds aweful but might just be related to passing everything through HDMI, but how often will you be changing your activity. Could be an issue, but could be aggregate lag when I kick off an activity. Anyway, I think isn't that bad to put up with and doing the same thing on other receivers could have similar issues... turn on TV, set input on TV, turn on receiver, set input, turn on DVD.... OK, so power on order might help a bit.

Sound is great -- watched John carter in 3D last night --- surround impressive.
Audio playing multi-channel stereo is OK but might be better using 2nd speaker output with wall speakers as tower speakers by TV, again in my opinion, doesn't play music like I'd like to hear, and then that gives me an issue as I bi-wired my fronts so that takes the 2 possible front speaker pairs up so I can't use the wall mounts anyway. I could go back to non-bi config, but again, not that fussed -- mainly using for movie watching really.

That said, I would have liked the Bluetooth functionality -- about all the reviews I did check online before purchase made reference to the Bluetooth -- then not something you think will be missing but no mention on Amazon listing, no mention in the documentation and no mention on the packaging i.e. in the UK, we just don't get Bluetooth. Can't seem to find any explanation as to why! The idea on picking a song on my phone and sending it to the receiver to be powered on automatically, way too cool.... but not to be.

I did the software update last night and it says in the documentation it can take up to 40 minutes --- I didn't time it but I think it took a little longer.... was hoping some magical update to the UI and Bluetooth to appear but no chance.

So a summary;
Likes; looks, sound modes for surround, auto-setup for speaker placement, 3D support on HDMI, network support.

Dislikes; UI is really naff. OK, it has a UI... but it is naff. I suspect won't often be using it though, apart from wireless music streaming or the internet radio function, but will check out the android app to see if/how that replaces the need to go into the receiver UI.

Anyone with info' as to why we didn't get Bluetooth, appreciate comments.

I wish I'd held out for more stock on the Denon..... but for my primary purpose watching Movies, this baby does sound very good.

MiniSuit ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity Case TF700 / TF700T PU Leather Keyboard Portfolio Stand Case Cover for TF700 Keyboard Mobile Dock and Tablet (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars For the money, can't go wrong, 8 Oct. 2012
Fits the TF700T just right and yes, it does make it a lump, but I feel safe that the tablet has a level of protection now. Also, easy to remove the keyboard and still left will a folder holding the tablet. All in all, very happy. Nice finish and an absolute bargain. You could pay several times the cost of this for something that might be a little more refined, or real leather, but I think this was a steal.
Some folks complained about the straps that hold the rear of the keyboard covering the power and USB ports -- yes they do. I simply leave the straps off i.e. sit underneath the keyboard. This means when you open it up, the keyboard slides back an inch or so in the keybaord sleeve -- makes no difference in use.
Very happy with the cover.

Anker® 2200mAh Li-ion Battery For Samsung Galaxy S3 SIII, GT-I9300, with NFC/Google Wallet [18-Month Warranty]
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery working on Galaxy S3, 26 July 2012
Had galaxy S3 for only a few weeks then all of a sudden, the battery was running out about 25% per hour -- really bad. Also back of phone getting warm to touch in use and sometimes on charge. I searched online to see what could be up -- removed any recent app's I'd loaded, but to no avail -- only thing I can really put it down to was a car charger I'd bought and used a couple of times around the time the battery life was drastically reduced - if related, somehow that car charger has messed the Samsung battery up!

So, after reading reviews on the Anker battery, soem mixed, I sent for one -- so pleased with this battery. Doesn't get warm now in use, charges quick and runs like the phone did before, maybe a bit better. I run with WiFi enabled all the time, 3G, playing music using bluetooth to my Sony Ericsson headphone adapter.... and if I go to bed and it's on less than 25% battery I still get woken up with the alarm, though the battery may have dropped to 15%..... just so much better.

I navigated to Bracknel from Northampton last week and then back later tha day, so was on GPS for at least 3 hours, a few calls on the way also.... and all on battery.

Suffice to say, I ditched the car charger - bought another with a 2.1A output to USB and using the Samsung USB cable.

Maybe not using the phone it'd stay on battery for well over a day but that's difficult with the S3 -- have work email, personal email, music, can't help but use it. But now I'm not having to worry not having it on charge..... just may need to plug in once a day for a charge or top up.

Others maybe prone to running a battery test - time for drain, etc... I'm not doing that as I'm just too happy with this Anker replacmeent.

The fact the Samsung battery, for whatever reason, is in a condition that means it's probably half the capacity of this replacement -- probably less for using.... I'll contact Vodafone and ask about returning the battery.

MOFRED® 6 in Pack Screen Protector Value Pack For Samsung Galaxy S3 III i9300 Retail Packed with Cleaning Cloth And Application Card
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and easy -- screen protectors for Galaxy S3, 2 July 2012
These screen protectors a real bargain and come with a screen cleaning cloth to use prior to applying. They have the "remove this side first" before applying, then once you're happy with the application, "remove this side 2nd" and you're good to go.
Only had on for a couple of days now but appears to be great -- hardly noticable, nice and clear, and touch screen works with fingers or stylus just great.

Another thing I like about these are they don't go to the edge of the phone. those that do can be tricky to get exactly positioned. As these leave 2 or 3mm around the edge, makes easier to apply. I located the bottom first around the home button, and that made it easy to then apply upwards uisng a credit card to flatten onto the screen. I applied my first one bubble free, but if you had issues with dust, there's 10 in the pack, so you can afford to waste one if you do pickup some dust spec that catches you out.

Very happy and not sure if I'd ever actually need 10 that comes in the pack. I guess time will tell.

Concept4u Micro Sim Cutter with 2 Adapters Iphone 4 4G 4S Smart Phone IPAD Microsim. (i.e. Use one sim card for all device)

5.0 out of 5 stars MicroSIM instantly, 25 Jun. 2012
Ordered the item as I recently replaced my iPhone with a Galaxy 3S. I use a Tru-SIM card when travelling abroad for much cheaper calls home but that Tru-SIM card was full size.
Ordered this little device -- actually the size of a medium sized stapler. As soon as received, slid in the full sized SIM and without hesitation, but after double checking the SIM was inserted the right way round, pressed and out popped a micro-SIM.

inserted in my S3 and thankfully the S3 wasn't SIM locked (I'm on a Vodafone contract) and immediately showed a signal and I called my home number to verify functionality -- great stuff. (note: I didn't verify who I got a signal with on the Tru-SIM as the S3 doesn't display that on the main view - no worries though, it worked).

...and you get 2 SIM adapters to allow it to be popped in a full sized slot as well.
Bargain price, quick delivery -- does what I wanted it for --- I'd just say, don't dilly dally with it -- press fast and you get a perfect Micro-SIM as a result.

Danielle 7x Magnification 17.5 cm Diameter Chrome Pedestal Mirror - 33 cm High
Danielle 7x Magnification 17.5 cm Diameter Chrome Pedestal Mirror - 33 cm High

5.0 out of 5 stars Reflections of product, 7 Nov. 2011
Arrived in speedy time and wife very happy with it. Quality product, great price -- what more to say.

Clear view, great magnification, chrome quality excellent.

Page: 1 | 2