Profile for Loulou > Reviews

Hama Star 63 Tripod with Carry Case
Hama Star 63 Tripod with Carry Case
Offered by H.PRESTON MEDIA

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, 24 Dec 2010
I ordered this tripod for my Sony Alpha A500 DSLR and I love it. I was not expecting the quality that it is, especially considering the amazingly low price! There is a bubble level on the main frame and then a spirit level on the head of the tripod. It has a handy weight hook at the bottom if you want to increase stability, although this would probably only be required if on a very uneven terrain with high winds. There are moveable rubber feet to enable all surface use. The geared centre column is a great feature and is of a high quality. The only negative is the leg locking mechanism which you have to be very careful of as they do seem a bit stiff. I read several reviews before purchasing and some mentioned the 'jerky' panning on the tripod. I have not found this to be the case, all it needs is to loosen the locking screw on the top of the head. For the money this is a brilliant buy and would highly recommend. In shops such as jessops/currys I would expect to pay well over £60 for an item of similar spec and quality.

RSPB Pocket Nature Wildlife of Britain
RSPB Pocket Nature Wildlife of Britain
by Rspb

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 20 Dec 2010
This is one of the best books I have looked through and is perfect for a weekend stroll or a week away. I have recently got more and more involved with watching birds and such like and this book is fantastic. My partner goes fishing most weekends and I love exploring the area around where we are based. I have discovered so many fascinating plants, birds, animals and insects with this book and also settled many debates!!! A great all round overlook of nature and has some great bits of info about each specie, the photography in it is of brilliant quality.

5m 5 Meters Remote Switch Control Shutter Cable with Locking for Sony alpha A100 A200 A300 A350 A400 A450 A700 A900 A500 A550 A850 A33,A55, Minolta

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value product!, 20 Dec 2010
Decided to purchase this item on Amazon as even cheaper than I could get on ebay. The product itself looks similar to anything I could get in Jessops or such like and fits my Sony A500 like a dream and works just as I would want. The cable is of decent thickness as well, whereas others can seem very flimsy and weak. I didn't want to pay all that much money and get a wireless one due to the amount of money I have recently spent on camera gear. If you are looking for something that does the job without a big cost, this is perfect, and being not much more expensive than only a 1m cable, this really is a STEAL!!