Profile for Morlobach > Reviews

Morlobach

B!organised 1142742 XL5 80 x 25cm Floatingshelf with Drawer Lacquered - White
B!organised 1142742 XL5 80 x 25cm Floatingshelf with Drawer Lacquered - White

1.0 out of 5 stars bad design and poor quality, 26 Jan 2014
I bought this product because it mentioned 40kg weight capacity and had a concealed drawer.
It arrived damaged but I had a replacement a week later. That was slightly damaged but since it was at the back, I accepted.
When I tried to mount the shelf it was pretty straight forward. The metal bracket is standard and was mounted in no time. When I slid the shelf over the metal bracket it was clear something was not right.
The bad design allowed the bracket to drop the shelf at the front. This was because the holes for the bracket were 5mm lower than the plank it was supporting over the whole length, making that supporting bars could not do what they are supposed to do, support the plank. Instead only the front of the bars touched the plank making it drop by 5mm at the front and thus the shelf sat unlevelled. This would never be level if I didn't customise it. SHEER BAD DESIGN.
What needed to be done is glue a piece of wood under the plank the thickness of the 5MM level difference. ( Hope that makes sense)
So I cut out the back 5MM with a chisel ( easy for it the lowest quality MDF, a child could do it) and I glued in a piece of timber exactly 5MM in the channel of the supporting bars.
EUREKA. I placed the shelf back ver the bars and the shelf was level.
Then I tried to screw in the two screws to secure the shelf and it looked perfect.
I tried the weight capacity, and I think you can see this one coming, IN NO WAY WOULD THIS SHELF BE ABLE TO SUPPORT 40KG and thus the intentional space for my printer was now merely a space for a paper tray.
The bars are designed to take that weight, but because the quality of the MDF is so below standards It would become unstable.
I sincerely advice to look around to a company that makes this product of decent materials with the right design. I suspect this shelf is a copy of an original that most likely had already that piece of wood inside to level the bars. IN addition it mentioned lacquered, but I'd say it has a very thin layer of paint that easily damaged. In no way should this have the label lacquered!
I kept the shelf as pure decoration with nothing more than 2 kg weight, for I had drilled the 16 holes to support the bars and didn't feel like plastering again.
If I had known this information about this product I would never have bothered.
The drawer is a waste of space too, it can hold a few pens, and a USB cable, but don't try anything with a plug. I have sprinter with a slide-in CD carrier (not very thick), it didn't go in and that is why I bought it … for my printer and cd carrier.
I would advice to look well around to all floating shelves on the market and don't buy a product that is too cheap.
Be a warned person.
Hope this review is helpful.
Shelly

Philips Sonicare HX9332/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush White
Philips Sonicare HX9332/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush White

5.0 out of 5 stars most effective tooth brush on the market, 6 Jan 2013
<three weeks ago out Sonic complete oral b stopped working. We researched the market and could not find anything with similar specks apart from this hugely expensive model... but it was on sale so we went for it. And EUREKA it is even better than the oral B.
I myself suffer with a condition for which I take oral medication which leaves stains and tarter on my teeth. Daily brushing twice does not prevent it so I have a little dentist tool to remove the tarter in the morning. BUT.... I no longer need the tool.
This toothbrush is so accurate it removes it completely leaving my mouth squeaky clean even in the morning before brushing. It is slowly removing the stains and thus whitening my teeth gently.
The sonic movement is quite intense, but we were used to it so it feels nice, for people who have never used sonic it might need some getting used to. I remember first time use of my oral b and I was laughing , for it tickled me too much. I had to get used to it in the soft mode.
I have used the polish setting on this toothbrush but I cannot really feel the difference. It might when used for a long time, I just need my teeth to be thoroughly clean to prevent my gums receding. This is what "plaque" causes and I could not stop it before I had this Diamond care toothbrush, no matter how well and often I cleaned my teeth.
I would say it is money well spent and hope they will keep it on the market for a long time.
One negative point is the lack of colour or mark on the tooth brush tips. It is hard to know which one is mine , therefore we marked them with a permanent marker. Perhaps they could at least do something like adding a relief mark ... one dot, two dots ... three dots... like in braille.. For this way it is easy to make a mistake.

Morphy Richards 46718 Multifunction Can Opener
Morphy Richards 46718 Multifunction Can Opener

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for different abled people., 21 Oct 2012
I have bought this opener 2 months ago after trying several other brands prior. My condition impairs my dexterity and thus makes it impossible to open tins, jars, bottles and packages. Usually I attack it with a large kitchen knife ( risking injury ) or I simply give up and wait till my carer pops in, leaving me either thirsty or hungry in the best case. I bought several openers, multi openers and the drawer was stacked up with devices that either don't work or make it even harder. Eventually I thus decided to buy this Morphy Richards multi opener and my Lord, so regretting I didn't try it sooner... it is such a relief.
1 electrical Tin opener for tins without pulling lever: (unlike the one touch opener), it DOES handle tuna sized tins, and it does not leave a mess on the work top. The lid is attached to the magnet and does need encouraging to pull off but it is not too hard. One can interrupt the opener if you prefer to leave the lid slightly attached and if you like to lift it there is a tool in the machine to help you doing that without cutting your fingers... I'd say for that function 9/10 ( not 10 because the magnet is rather strong)
2 The bottle opener: inserted inside the unit it is robust and made from unbreakable material which is a plus point. It is dishwasher safe too. Down side for the crown opener end is that the lever is not very long but still manageable. I would say 8/10
The turning cap is in the middle of the lever it is amazing. This has clearly been constructed for people with decreased power and finger issues. One can thump the opening over a turning cap and simply use any body part to put pressure on it since it acts as a lever. For people who had to replace turning taps in their house with lever taps because they can't turn... THIS IS THE SOLUTION.. ! with very little power you can open the toughest turning cap. 10/10
3 tinopener for tins with pulling lever: on the edge of the crows opener are two little curled lips to serve as either lid lifters for partly opened tins or lever puller. This is brilliantly constructed since you don't need power at all. Again the lever does all the work by simply placing it in the lip and gently pushing the lever downwards to elevate the pull lever on the tin. It thus is no longer a finger job. 10/10 again.
4 Package opener: it is on the bak of the bottle opener. It is very safely constructed, in fact I think you'd have to attack it with a sledgehammer to be able to expose the sharp blade and cut yourself. It is constructed to slide through the trim of a package to cut it open. ONe might have to do it twice if the excess of trim is longer than the space to insert and cut off, but it does work great. Perhaps not suitable for all packaging, but the ones that are tough to cut with scissors are certainly a piece of cake for this cutter. I think it deserves at least 8/10
5 the jar opener: sitting around the top of the windmill shaped unit. It is a good sized rubber attachment which come of the unit with rather a lot perseverance. When used on any reasonable jar it does give more grip and if the jar is not extremely tight helps opening it, however: ONe need still quite a bit of power, the jar needs to be hold with the other hand which is mostly the reason why disabled people can't open them and it is too large for jars with rather small tops. Saying that , I managed to open a jar by putting it between my arm and chest and using the other hand with the attachment. It has improved the grip, but I am convinced this needs more thought to help seriously disabled people. so for this I would give it a 5/10

Design; Overall it is a good device and feels robust. It is easy to clean, easy to use and very easy on the eye too. The attachments are incorporated in the body and can go in the dishwasher. The main body is easy maintenance and does not leave fingerprints marks. I have placed it on my work top as an attractive kitchen appliance next to my chopping board. So no need to look for the attachments since they are all well worked into the stylish designed body. ( 10/10)

Conclusion: This is a well thought out product with a lot of attention to its functionality and design. It does make a difference in the whole market of openers and it is one of its kind in being not only functional but equally nice looking. It has not yet reached the perfect solution for all types of packaging and all sizes of jars but its surely solves the problem of tins and bottles and some household vacuum packed food. The Jar opener might not suit all jars but it does make it easier although I think this might be subject to improvement. Overall I would recommend this product with a score of 8.5/10 To compare this to any multi opener on the 2012 market: I have not been able to find any other that reached a score above 5/10
I hope this information is helpful
Shelly
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2014 11:27 PM BST

Kenwood kMix HB894 TriBlade Hand Blender - Peppercorn Black
Kenwood kMix HB894 TriBlade Hand Blender - Peppercorn Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad product presentation.... not quite stainless steel!, 17 Feb 2012
Kenwood kMix HB894 TriBlade Hand Blender, Peppercorn BlackI bought this mixer less than a year ago, within 2 weeks the motor stopped, but Amazon replaced it without any issue. ( Amazon is always good at customer service)
The second model however was fine if not the attachments started to discolour. They are not quite stainless steel as presented by Kenwood. The part that attaches to the mixer is aluminum sprayed to look like stainless steel. Then it is Varnished. This Varnish comes off and the spray paint too, leaving the bare aluminum exposed weaping aluminum oxide in your food.
According to Kenwood it is my fault , for I should only rinse the attachments under the tap, thus leaving me exposed to salmonella ( whisking eggs) listeria and other bacteria from frothing milk and other food. These bacteria would not be killed if you only rinse. Then they said I should only use gentle soap.
In any case they refuse to replace the attachments. So customer service of Kenwood is NIL.
Fact is , they still sell this product under the intentional assumption you are buying genuine stainless steel attachments ... and refuse to alter this information.
THUS my advice is , avoid this product if you want genuine stainless steel attachments , look at the photos , that is how they look after about 10 uses...
They are NOT dishwasher safe, NOT safe to go in the washing up water unless you use really very soft soap, and luke warm water which would not kill dangerous bacteria.
Any seriously degreasing element will damage the fake stainless steel parts. The bottom part which is proper stainless steel is however in excellent condition and does not suffer any of those issues. If only they had been honest and made the whole part out of stainless steel.
Morlobach 17/02/2012
Comment Comments (15) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2013 7:45 PM GMT