Profile for Bamaracas > Reviews

Cyntech Case for Raspberry Pi - BerryBlack
Cyntech Case for Raspberry Pi - BerryBlack
Offered by NowView

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice case for the PI, 11 Sep 2013
Cool case, clips together very easily and seems very well made. Couple of clips on the back so it can be attached to a wall etc. Looks pretty nice too

Hama Star 63 Tripod with Carry Case
Hama Star 63 Tripod with Carry Case
Offered by ExpressPro

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap tripod but a little bulky, 7 Sep 2013
This is an incredibly cheap tripod so can't really slate it too much. Build quality feels as such, but it is quite chunky.

On the positive it comes with its own bag, can go relatively high with the central stalk. Obviously not something you can record video on as the head isn't smooth but for photo's it does the job.

If you want a cheap tripod its alright but better on the market.

Speck Aluminum Unibody See Thru Satin for 15-inch MacBook Pro - Black
Speck Aluminum Unibody See Thru Satin for 15-inch MacBook Pro - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Laptop case worth the money, 7 Sep 2013
Yes its more expensive than other brands, but if you forked out nearly £2k on a shiny Mac get one of these. It provides excellent protection, well built and has a nice finish.

Reason I haven't given it 5 stars

1. I've had it for just over two years and the clips at the back of the lower section have broken so the bottom section doesn't clip on properly. I think this is probably expected after two years so not so upset about it.

2. It does make my laptop slightly prone to over heating if the weather is particularly hot, as has been this summer. I own a Feb 2011 15 inch Macbook Pro, so maybe also be this particular model. However if I didn't have to remove it over the summer I don't think the clips would have broken.

Still, despite the above its does protect your laptop and can't imagine theres a better product out there that competes.

What's Mine Is Yours: How Collaborative Consumption is Changing the Way We Live
What's Mine Is Yours: How Collaborative Consumption is Changing the Way We Live
by Rachel Botsman

5.0 out of 5 stars Collaborative Consumption, 7 Sep 2013
A new trend that has been gathering pace for some time now. Botsman gives an excellent overview and in depth look at the growing trend. I see it as having a huge impact as it grows. If you're interesting in this subject, or just new business ideas and trends check this book out.

The Lean Startup: How Constant Innovation Creates Radically Successful Businesses
by Eric Ries

5.0 out of 5 stars Its the new digital bible, 7 Sep 2013
Excellent book, i've been working on a startup and this book has taught me a great deal about how to build and devlop the business.

Most people in digital should have already read this but if you haven't buy it now, you won't be disappointed.

Panasonic RP-HJE450E-K  Ergo Fit Ear Canal Headphones - Black
Panasonic RP-HJE450E-K Ergo Fit Ear Canal Headphones - Black
Offered by Five Star

4.0 out of 5 stars cheap, but pretty good, 7 Sep 2013
Not the best sounding pair of headphones, but for the price they're reasonable.

One thing these excel at is when exercising. Most in ears I've used fall out when I go running but these fit snuggly and don't move so ideal design. I can forego perfect sound quality given this.

So i'm giving them 4 stars, maybe 3.5 - if you run a lot then worthwhile if not maybe check out the RHA MA350's - these a little more at £30 but sound much better.

RHA MA350 Aluminium Noise Isolating In-Ear Earphones - 3 year warranty
RHA MA350 Aluminium Noise Isolating In-Ear Earphones - 3 year warranty
Offered by Advanced MP3 Players

5.0 out of 5 stars Best In ears on the market for £30, 7 Sep 2013
I think these are excellent headphones. And for £30 much better than any sennheisers of the same price in my opinion.

Sound quality is great, has an excellent frequency responses and very flat across the range. Mids and Highs are especially good, although it does suffer a little at the lower end. This is to be expected from a small pair of in ears.

Build quality is high, cable and ear pieces both very high construction and feel great. The In Ear sections are made out of aluminium (i think) so feel very well built. Cable is wrapped so it doesn't tangle up as with the more plasticy options, also can't see it fraying or coming apart from the speaker section.

Customer Service - I did have an issue with one ear piece a few weeks after purchase. I emailed RHA and a real person, in the UK, got back to me. Very polite and helpful. They immediately send me a new pair and freepost envelope to return the damaged pair. I was incredibly impressed by the way they dealt with things.

Highly recommended. As I said before, for the price I don't think you'll find a better pair of in ear headphones so buy these!

Draper 09550 31 Piece Precision Screwdriver Set
Draper 09550 31 Piece Precision Screwdriver Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Little tool kit is excellent, 7 Sep 2013
Bought this initially to do some upgrades to my computer, had all the connectors I needed for the job. Since then used it for many other small jobs. It has a variety of adaptors of various sizes, all fits neatly into its case. Def recommend if you need smaller tools for jobs

Ram memory upgrades 8GB kit (4GBx2) DDR3 PC3 10600 1333MHz for your Apple Macbook Pro and iMac
Offered by KOMPBAY

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Stable, 7 Sep 2013
I upgraded my Mac a good 6-8 months ago. Changing the RAM was a piece of cake, i've got a 2011 model prior to Apple introducing the full unibody case.

RAM has been in the machine and working perfectly since I upgraded. My MAC is on everyday / nearly all the time so happy with the upgrade.

Tip I heard was to keep a hold of your old 'apple' ram just in case you need apple care then you can switch back to ensure it doesn't case issues with your warranty.

Kensington Microsaver Keyed Retractable Notebook Lock
Kensington Microsaver Keyed Retractable Notebook Lock
Offered by Mount Trader

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than traditional kensington locks., 7 Sep 2013
Bought this after getting annoyed with the older style kensington locks which are essentially just a cable, and take up a lot of space when coiled up. This packs away much neater and does an equally good job.

I leave my laptop unattended quite a bit on jobs so perfect item to keep it safe.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3