Profile for Happy Chappie > Reviews

Content by Happy Chappie

Happy Chappie (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Picking Winning Shares: Simple Ways for the Intelligent Investor to Combine Fundamental and Technical Analysis to Pick Winners
by Mick Pavey

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent introduction to this field, 19 Sept. 2013
I loved this book and it increased my appetite for more knowledge on investing.

Having read more I'm not as convinced that the average stock picker will be as successful as this book suggests but I do believe that there is a place for this philosophy in an approach to investing even if a core of one's portfolio is EFs and Index funds.

I wouldn't have been able to come to this conclusion without a lot of extra reading......which I wouldn't have done had I not read this book first.

Fleet Command - Battle Group
Fleet Command - Battle Group

3.0 out of 5 stars Best ever game, 19 Sept. 2013
I'm not a computer gamer but for those who like strategy games this is a brilliant game - and worthy of 5 stars.

I know this from a previous purchase which I've lost.

Only problem with this purchase is that I can't load this copy :-((

Successful Business Plans: Get Brilliant Results Fast
Successful Business Plans: Get Brilliant Results Fast
by Jane Khedair

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good starter for those who need to write one, 19 Sept. 2013
This is a short but never-the-less comprehensive coverage of how business planning success can be achieved.

I'd advise that if you needed to write a plan further reading is required but this should be the first book on your list.

The Last Lecture
The Last Lecture
by Randy Pausch

5.0 out of 5 stars Speachless, 19 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Last Lecture (Paperback)
I read in one sitting and was completely drawn into the author's personal story.

This is a horribly difficult subject and easy to ignore but this book makes it possible to engage with the topic and while the ending is inevitably sad I did find the courage and stoicism shown by the author uplifting.

The 4-Hour Body: An uncommon guide to rapid fat-loss, incredible sex and becoming superhuman
by Timothy Ferriss

3.0 out of 5 stars The title leads you in...BUT, 19 Sept. 2013
Lots of material in here and the 'apparent' detail had me following every twist and turn.

I'm not however convinced by the effectiveness of the philosophy so my personal jury is still out.

The Red Wine Diet
The Red Wine Diet
by Rosemary Conley

5.0 out of 5 stars Required reading - and following, 19 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Red Wine Diet (Paperback)
I bought this as a replacement for a copy that I'd previously lost - and for me that's a first.

I know that this area is full of theories and I have enough personal knowledge of physiology to be able to understand most of it if I could wade through it.

This isn't the best theoretically speaking BUT the programme is the only one that has worked for me and the proof of the pudding is in the eating....or perhaps not in this case.

If you follow the advice in this book you will be able to manage your weight and not through dieting per se but in changing your lifestyle in a way which can be maintained for the long term.

Womens High Heel Ladies Knee High Platform Boots Size Black Size 3
Womens High Heel Ladies Knee High Platform Boots Size Black Size 3
Offered by shoeFashionista

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 19 Sept. 2013
She liked this present so much that I'm in her good book for some time to come. Smiles all round.

All-Time Essentials for Entrepreneurs: 100 Things to Know and Do to Make Your Idea Happen
by Jonathan Yates

2.0 out of 5 stars Collection of snippets, 19 Sept. 2013
There's nothing wrong in here but its not new and I've seen all before.

Not enough to be useful for those who are not already aware of this material.

The New Rules of Lifting For Life: An All-New Muscle-Building, Fat-Blasting Plan for Men and Women Who Want to AceTheir Midlife Exams
by Lou Schuler and Alwyn Cosgrove

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for us older geezers, 19 Sept. 2013
If you need to develop a resistance training programme as an older gent....this is the way to do it properly.

Prostate Cancer: Understand, Prevent and Overcome Prostate Cancer: Understand, Prevent and Overcome Prostrate Cancer
by Jane Plant CBE

5.0 out of 5 stars Required reading for anyone with this condition, 19 Sept. 2013
I started reading this book while I was undergoing investigation for a suspected prostate problem. The investigation took quite a long while - 3 biopsies and an MRI scan - to eventually find cancer.

My condition is considered intermediate risk which seems to give me a lot of treatment options to consider. The amount of choice brings its own problems and I've been astounded by the amount of information which is dropped into one's lap when this happens.

I think that this book prepared me very well for the dialogue required to make sense of what's happening and the early chapters have been indispensable. Professor Plant's advice about getting treated in a centre with expertise in all options is absolutely spot on. Had I not read this book I would have been blissfully ignorant of what might be possible and may have been shoehorned into the wrong treatment.

The case for dietary change is very well made and I've managed to remove dairy from my diet for the most part and while I have a few lapses am pretty convinced I'll get there.....and that doing so will be worthwhile.

It can be heavy going in places but when you need to know this stuff....you need to know that what is being said is rational and well founded.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4