Profile for Annie > Reviews

Content by Annie

Annie (London United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Mighty Bright Purple Ultrathin LED Book Light
Mighty Bright Purple Ultrathin LED Book Light
Price: 9.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, thin, torch, 5 Aug 2013
This did what we wanted, which was to provide a discreet light for our children when they wanted to read in bed without disturbing the others. It clips onto the back or front of the book and you can angle the light. The fun colours are a real bonus if you have lots of children as you can tell whose is whose.

A point to note is that if the book is very big, or if you need LOTS of light, this may not be for you. The light really just illuminates the bit of the page it's on.

Otherwise this is a small, light, great little book light.

Snack Attack! Mad Libs Junior
Snack Attack! Mad Libs Junior
by Roger Price
Price: 2.91

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun way to practise English, 5 Aug 2013
My nine year old loves these, although the fad was short lived. But while it lasted it was a fun way to think about alternative words.

Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 Mirror Junior Goggles
Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 Mirror Junior Goggles

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant goggles, 5 Aug 2013
Although we haven't had them long enough to test the longevity, these are brilliant googles for outdoor swimming - the mirror lenses protect against glare. However, do note that this makes things outside seem a bit darker. Not a problem for us but just to mention this.

My nine year old loves them, they fit really well, stay put and look really good too.

My Fairy Princess Palace
My Fairy Princess Palace
by Louise Comfort

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 4 July 2013
My two children aged four and nine, love this. They play with it all the time. Brilliant value for money.

Maisy's Fairground: A Maisy Pop-Up-And-Play Book
Maisy's Fairground: A Maisy Pop-Up-And-Play Book
by Lucy Cousins

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting, 25 Jun 2013
This is a lovely book. But not what I was expecting so I'm posting this review in case you too, like me, were expecting it to be one of those books that you open up and 'tie open' that then becomes a 3D toy. My children have one like that that's called Maisy's house and is described as a pop up and play book so I thought this would be the same thing. It isn't. It's a regular, albeit very nice book with flip up bits and tabs to pull.

Just so you know what to expect.

JUDGE DOUGHNUT OVEN TIN
JUDGE DOUGHNUT OVEN TIN
Offered by Emporium Cookshop & Homewares
Price: 9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tin and truly non stick, 2 April 2013
This is a tin for mini doughnuts that you then bake in the oven. So, yes, the doughnuts you get out of it are never going to taste like deep fried.

But you can cover them with melted chocolate/icing, be creative. And you can get a mini doughnut hit without anywhere near the calories/saturated fat.

But they are not, nor never will be, like deep fried doughnuts.

However, the tin is excellent as long as you understand that. The non stick-ness doesn't flake off, like it did on my tin from Lakeland. I still grease this tin but the doughnuts come out pretty easily (note they don't really shake out, you have to lift them, but they come out easily).

Sony KDL32CX523BU 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 50Hz LCD Internet TV with Freeview HD

2.0 out of 5 stars 'Veiled picture. Restricted viewing angle', 20 Feb 2012
I purchased this set a few weeks ago. We have two other Sony TVs which are great. Setting this up was no problem but, as has been mentioned in a few other reviews the picture is not great. Unless you are sitting directly in front of it, the picture appears dark, veiled, like the contrast has gone out of it.

I have returned this model.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 3, 2012 11:52 PM BST

The Help
The Help
by Kathryn Stockett
Price: 3.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 10 Mar 2011
This review is from: The Help (Paperback)
I enjoyed this book so much. Bits of it made me cry, bits of it made me laugh. It was entertaining, thought provoking and I just couldn't wait to get back to it and felt bereft when it was finished. Excellent. I'm amazed this book got rejected over 40 times before it was published.

Top Gourmet Kitchen Series Boards, Chopping Board, 12x9in, Black
Top Gourmet Kitchen Series Boards, Chopping Board, 12x9in, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Chopping Board!, 11 Aug 2009
Yes it's sad to get this worked up over a chopping board, but after having searched for one that did three main things:

Could go in the dishwasher
Wouldn't knacker knives
Wouldn't look rubbish after two uses

I had given up. Wood is of course the preferred choice for chopping boards but if you want something that can be shoved in the dishwasher but is still high performance, you have found it here. The boards are really thin, so you can have a few in the space a traditional wooden one would take up, and if you like different boards to do different things you can buy these in the different sizes. They are not cheap, but they work brilliantly and I highly recommend them. Plus you know, so chic looking...

Joseph Joseph Index Colour Coded Chopping Board Set
Joseph Joseph Index Colour Coded Chopping Board Set
Offered by MMP Living
Price: 29.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for serious cooks, 11 Aug 2009
This is a great idea: they look good and the fact that they can go in the dishwasher is a bonus. But if you cook a lot, and want a chopping board that can go in the dishwasher, I'd look at the Top Gourmet chopping boards. You don't get the snazzy case or the colour coding, and you only get about two vs the four boards you get here; but they're slim, they perform much better, wear better and go in the dishwasher.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5