Profile for Ivana F. Wilson > Reviews

Content by Ivana F. Wilson

Ivana F. Wilson "MissCph1973" (Sandhurst, England)

Concentrate - Lunchbox Food for Thought - as seen on BBC Dragons' Den
Concentrate - Lunchbox Food for Thought - as seen on BBC Dragons' Den
Offered by Concentrate

5.0 out of 5 stars Hygienic and encourages healthy eating, 10 Jan 2012
This is a brilliant lunch box, great design. It is easy to clean properly (unlike the soft wipe-clean types) and the size is just right. The optional insulating cover washes well (hand wash or gentle cycle).

My 4 year old and my 7 year old have both had these for nearly 2 years now. They (and I) love the little pots that are easy to open for children. I can fit in ice packs (search on Amazon for action lunch box chillers, they are the most durable), a spoon, cut up fruit and veg in the pots, a small sandwich and a banana or another pot (I use baby food pots, perfect size) with dried fruit in, so they have a perfectly balanced lunch.

I did have trouble with the 2 lunch boxes, the hinges broke, but it was a slow process (nearly a year) and as I had the covers, the lunch boxes were still usable. Eventually I wrote to Concentrate asking if this was a particular batch that was faulty and would they give me a discount on the next set - the replied immediately and sent me 2 replacements free of charge!

Highly recommended, great product.

Oak Folding Travelling Meditation Stool Seiza Bench
Oak Folding Travelling Meditation Stool Seiza Bench
Offered by Meditationsupplies

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolutely beautiful piece, 27 Jun 2011
This bench is just so beautiful. When I first got it, all I wanted to do was stroke the smooth wood! Although it is very light and perfect for travelling, the weight of it is just so nice, it feels unbreakable as oak does. It truly looks and feels unique, it really has its own personality, and the faint smell of beeswax is just lovely.

When I started using it for meditation, I was so pleasantly surprised. It is wonderful to be able to sit for a long time without getting pins and needles, and when I got up, my legs hadn't fallen asleep as usual. It has improved my meditation immensely and I am so happy to own such a beautiful piece.

I am thinking of getting a low table for my laptop so I can sit on the bench while I work. I can also imagine watching TV while sitting on it - maybe I'll even get another 3 benches, a large low table and use them as tables and chairs in the dining room!

Concentrate - Pot Set for Lunch Snacks
Concentrate - Pot Set for Lunch Snacks

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for kids, 21 Mar 2011
I love these, both my kids have the lunch pack from Concentrate (the best! Everything can go in the dish washer and the insulated bag can go in the machine, the most hygienic I have seen) with these two snack pots, and they are just great as kids can open them without the content spilling out and they can go in the dish washer. They still look great a year after I bought them.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 6, 2012 11:23 AM BST

L'Equip 228 R.P.M. Blender (discontinued by manufacturer)
L'Equip 228 R.P.M. Blender (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy!, 14 Feb 2011
I got this blender last week from UKJuicers. UKJuicers also sell it via Amazon but I got an ex-display-model at a slightly reduced price from contacting them directly. UKJuicers were really nice and I received the blender the day after ordering it.

The blender looks great and is easy to use. It is VERY noisy but I quickly got used to that as it is also amazingly fast so the noise doesn't last for long ;)

I use it for green smoothies and it does a great job. I bought it as a more economical alternative to the Vitamix. I have never tried a Vitamix but I am certainly very happy with my L'Equip.

It is easy to clean (plastic jug, seems sturdy) and comes with 3 lid sections for the lid, either a closing lid, a lid with a small hole or a very useful stick for poking down. I am a little concerned that it is possible to start the blender without the lid on but that does seem to be standard for many blenders. Just keep it away from kids!

One thing that is confusing is the watts. There is a difference in the amount of watt shown on Amazon (none!) and on UKJuicers (450). In the manual I got with it, the watt amount has had a sticker put on it so it shows another amount (450). I have no idea what amount of what it really is!

Also, the guarantee period stated in confusing. In the manual it says 10 years, on the official site 5 years and on UKJuicers 6 years and on Amazon it doesn't say.

Whatever it is, the wattage is plenty and even a 5 year guarantee is good! I can recommend this blender for ease of use, quality of results, price and guarantee.

A-Derma Exomega Emollient Cream with Oat Milk & Omega 200ml
A-Derma Exomega Emollient Cream with Oat Milk & Omega 200ml
Offered by Galen’s Choice

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for children's problem skin, 10 Mar 2010
My daughter has a tendency to get mild eczema. We have to be very careful with soap and she needs bath oil and emollient cream. The skin on her cheeks get red and hard in periods and A-Derma Exomega is the only thing that works.

I am surprised that this cream is not generally available from chemists in the UK, in Denmark you can get in all chemists.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2010 12:46 PM GMT