Profile for Ben Spouse > Reviews

Content by Ben Spouse

Ben Spouse "spouseb"

Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory with free Battle Of Britain DVD (PC)
Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory with free Battle Of Britain DVD (PC)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not realistic enough, 8 July 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I flew this for about 20 minutes trying different things including stalling and spinning, steep turns on the limit and then landing. I am afraid as a veteran simmer with IL2 and now with IL2 Cliffs of Dover, this just does not get even close when it comes to the feel and realism of flying these aeroplanes. I am a pilot and have personally flown many different light aircraft and have even flown a Tiger moth once and I am blown away how good Cliffs of Dover is, I am just sorry I spent the money on this first.. However it has many posetive sides to it and is certainly much better with the campaign and immersive historically. But the raw flying side is not there.

Steamboy [DVD] [2006]
Steamboy [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Katsuhiro Otomo

4.0 out of 5 stars Steamboy directors cut watched with 5.1 sound system, 18 Oct 2005
This review is from: Steamboy [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
I enjoyed this film immensly. It had a moving and gripping storyline which kept my interest all the way through, wishing it would go on longer. The animation and graphics were increadibly polished and very impressive - clearly high budjet stuff. I am a fan of japenenese anime too and there is a lot of great films with deeper, more intreaging storylines and Steamboy has a small taste of that while being an impressive swashbuckling western style movie at the same time. Will apeal to a broader audience as a result. I got a hold of the directors cut in germany (It is available ealier than the UK here but you have to understand german to watch it) and will buy the UK copy with Patrick Stewart (Who will be brilliant in it) on January 9th when it comes to our shores.