Profile for Quantaman > Reviews

Content by Quantaman

Quantaman (UK)

Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly [Platinum] (PS2)
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly [Platinum] (PS2)
Offered by STOCKTASTIC
Price: 21.86

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad....but not great either, 12 Aug 2008
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Having enjoyed the previous 3 Spyro games, this one just wasn't up to scratch.

The 3-d graphics were a bit too much, however the scenery is very good and the detail of the worlds are lovely (falling leaves, fireflies, water ripples.) I found the levels too large and my hunt for gems and dragonflies became a chore rather than a pleasure. I missed the fun mini-games of its predecessors (they are some but not as many) and there is also no other playable characters this time - just Spyro.
The game was riddled with bugs and I was constantly finding Spyro stuck in a wall or out of camera view and the levels take ages to load. Often smashed treasure urns would make no noise when head butted but around a minute later you would hear it smash.
I didn't like the fact that all the levels were accessed from the main Dragon Realm insted of different worlds like Evening Lake and Midnight Mountain (Spyro 3).
Spyro is also rather slow at moving this time and lacks his quick turns and agility. I found the dragonflies often tricky to find and too plentiful which meant returning to levels a lot and having to re-kill the baddies which was annoying for me.
Although this game was rather boring, slow and not as enjoyable, I still found myself wanting to play it so there must be something good about it. I think the best points to the game was the music and the scenery, but definitely not a patch on the other Spyro's. Bring back the Speedways, multiple playable characters and smooth play!

Tomy Eternity II
Tomy Eternity II
Offered by RACHAEL'S
Price: 38.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating, 14 Nov 2007
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tomy Eternity II (Toy)
Having tried the mini 16 piece version of this game on the eternity 2 website, I thought that I would enjoy this game. However, after the first day I found it very annoying. Constantly scanning the floor/table for appropriate pieces and having to restart after coming to a 'dead end' all this game did for me was give me a headache and leave me frustrated. It's like a jigsaw puzzle that never gives you the satisfaction of completing it. If you get annoyed when you are left with only a few boxes left in the game of suduko, and then realise that it's not right and have to start again, then you won't like eternity 2. Great if you have lots of patience, perseverance and aren't easily aggreviated by repeated failure.