Profile for Sebastian > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
TBF KIDS set B Mask and Snorkel Set by Two Bare Feet for snorkelling, RED
TBF KIDS set B Mask and Snorkel Set by Two Bare Feet for snorkelling, RED
Offered by Mikes Diving Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick delivery. Stood up well to 1st week of use, 4 Nov. 2014
Arrived fast, and in time for 1 week's holiday involving lots of boisterous swimming pool play. Worked well for a 5.5 year old's face. Seems robust to cope with more. Recommended.

StarTech 1 feet Micro USB Cable - A to Lefeet Angle Micro B
StarTech 1 feet Micro USB Cable - A to Lefeet Angle Micro B

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived quick. Works. Angled head meets a need., 6 Jan. 2014
Does the job, and the angled head meets my need to have the cable "leave" the phone to the side and not straight up!

Microsoft Windows 8.1 (Full Version)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (Full Version)

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine with a touchscreen!, 6 Jan. 2014
I started with Windows 95 as a youngster, and then through XP and Windows 7 with laptops provided by my employers. I have no issues with Windows 7.

I'm not knowledgeable about the various differences behind the scenes, but I personally have found Windows 8.1 to be just the same as using Windows 7 - so no real issues for me with it.

Yes, having a touchscreen makes the "tiles" thing easier to use, but the familiar Windows Desktop interface is only 1 click / touch away. I've not yet spent enough time to get completely familiar with the tiles and customisation bits, but it seems simple enough to use. Yes it looks different, but it is easy to work out.

I was also pleasantly surprised at how simple and quick it was to install this on a brand new SSD. I was expecting a long evening of nonsense, but it was so straight-forward and simple. Very happy at this. (My last experience of OS installation would have been with 1.2" and 1.44" floppy discs)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Working fine so far - very happy at impact!, 6 Jan. 2014
Like others, I relied a lot on the reviews before deciding whether to buy, so will share my observations and rating rationale

I'm tech savvy and use laptops a lot for work, but I'm not a programmer or PC builder. Last time I installed software was when Harvard Graphics and Word Perfect were king!

I've never really opened up a laptop before, but I found installing this SSD drive to be very easy and straightforward. I just needed a small screw driver set, and an online video on how to open my laptop without breaking it!)

I've replaced the 500GB HDD in a 1.8Ghz Asus Vivobook 200E with this 256GB SSD. I also freshly installed Windows 8.1 (never done a Windows install before, was expecting several hours of nonsense, but this was super straight-forward and quick too!)

Before, with HDD, Windows 8.1 start up and shut-down time was ok (c30 secs perhaps) . My experience with work laptops meant I knew these times would only extend over time.

With the SDD, I can literally be online from start-up in about 3 secs. Shut down is perhaps 2 seconds. It really is super duper quick. Latest Office applications open instantly, and you start work straight-away (none of this waiting for laptop to respond whilst it completes background loading nonsense)

I didn't have a problem with the laptop previously, but am very happy at the speed difference with the SDD. For me, it made a lot more sense to just re-install Windows vs doing a clone of the HDD, and in the end probably took less time overall.

If you have an older machine, I can certainly understand why you would see a dramatic improvement in speed. I'd question whether you'd see same degree of improvement without doing a fresh OS install though.

A Collection Of Roxette Hits! Their 20 Greatest Songs!
A Collection Of Roxette Hits! Their 20 Greatest Songs!
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 6 Jan. 2014
As per review for Joyridge - brilliant stuff. Noticed a few gaps in my 80s music collection, and immediately fixed the problem with this quality album!!!

Joyride
Joyride
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 6 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Joyride (Audio CD)
Brilliant! Fantastic for random kareoke performances, and sounds absolutely awesome when playing it really LOUD! Even my 4-year old has learnt the lyrics, and chooses to play the CD on my hifi!

Brabantia WallFix Wall-Mounted Retractable Washing Line with Fabric Cover - 24 m

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but awesome design that just works well, 12 July 2013
Expensive for a washing line.

But the engineering quality is awesome. It has a very smooth, positive action. Folds away brilliantly, with a well fitting cover. Lines are always taught, and never snag. Handy coat hanger hooks too.

Fitting instructions are super clear, and comes with a drilling guide to make sure it doesn't go pear shaped! Lots of sensible, quality features - I loved the rubber washers that are hidden once installed, but provide perfect damping.

This is money well spent.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 12 July 2013
I like writing with a proper pen, that requires a drink every now and then!

Very smooth action to fill - lovely twisting motion. Very satisfying watching the ink get drawn in.

No problems so far after a fair amount use with Parker Quink!

For anyone using cartridges, I thoroughly recommend pimping your pen with one of these - makes it feel special!

NOKIA AC-10X ENERGY SAVER CHARGER FOR NOKIA LUMIA 710 LUMIA 800 C7 E5 E6 E7 ASHA 200 201 300 303 MURAL N97 7900 PRISM 8800 GOLD ARTE

5.0 out of 5 stars Needed replacement, these do the job well, 12 July 2013
Had worn out my original Nokia chargers, and wanted genuine quality product again, not cheap import junk.

These were attractively priced, arrived reasonably quickly, and seem to be working well!

Will update this review if they fail early! (which for me means after less than 12 months use)

Roper Rhodes Traditional Walnut Toilet Seat With Soft Close Hinge
Roper Rhodes Traditional Walnut Toilet Seat With Soft Close Hinge
Offered by The Home Store

2.0 out of 5 stars Pricey. Hinges failed withing 1 year, but seller excellent about replacing, 8 April 2013
UPDATE (1 week after below update): Contacted the seller about options for replacement hinges, and they were brilliant! Advised that seat was still under guarantee, and that replacement hinges could be sent through if I wanted them. These arrived promptly, and I've swapped them in, so have a soft-closing toilet seat again (crisis over!). I cannot vouch for whether these replacement hinges will be any more durable , but the seller exceeded my expectations in terms of service (thank you Jo). Would definitely buy from this seller again! Thank you!

UPDATE JUNE 2013: Just short of a year after installation, I've noticed the soft-close hinges on this seat have lost their 'soft close' capability. Also, the 'chrome' surface is bubbling slightly and beginning to look cheap. When I did my original review, I was concerned about durability of these hinges - think I was right to be concerned! I really wish manufacturers would include a 'more expensive, but higher quality' option for components like these.

So, whilst the seat is fine (it's a piece of wood), the hinges are rubbish quality. As I now need to find some decent quality replacement hinges, my rating is reduced from 4 to 2 stars.

****

Has been installed in our bathroom for at least 6 months now, with constant use by adults and small children.

Soft close still works well. Have been caught out once by it - I lifted the lid, then closed it quickly before the mechanism had time to build the resistance up to avoid a "slam". Don't think I've got the mechanics of the operation right there, but hopefully you get the point!

We're in a hard water area, and have a high-cistern WC which occasionally splashes water out - so we have the odd water splash on the seat and I have noticed a few water marks appearing.

Hinges appear to be fine, but I can't help thinking they won't last the 20 odd years my previous brass hinges did. Those old brass babies were heavy and solid (albeit discoloured and beginning to fail)

Page: 1 | 2