Profile for Jon M. Wood > Reviews

Content by Jon M. Wood

Jon M. Wood "Home Baker" (Edinburgh, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
iPhone 6/6s Waterproof Case - Redpepper iPhone 6/6s Water Resistant Case [New Version] IP68 Full Sealed Protection Shockproof Snow Rain Dirt and Dust Proof, Ultra Slim Body with Built-in HD Screen Protector, Waterproof Case Cover Shell for Apple iPhone 6/6s 4.7 inch - Black
Offered by Happyunion

3.0 out of 5 stars Good price for what it is., 9 Nov. 2015
A good price for what it is, but nowhere near as good as Lifeproof. I bought mine just over 5 weeks ago, and the flap at the bottom that seals the charging port has broken off. I will be returning it for a replacement, but on my previous phone I had a genuine Lifeproof that lasted over a year.

On the good side - great price, nice tight fit, the mute lever works well (I've had other Lifeproof copies that were a nightmare on the mute switch), ports open easily enough, full access to all of the touchscreen.

Downside - not as robust as it could be, and I use mine on a bakery, so I have the case to keep the flour our, but I have had some flour getting into the case (I don't know if flour dust is smaller than water drops???)

A Board -Wooden - Chalkboard - Sandwich-Pavement Board - Specials - Menu Board. FREE STANDARD UK MAINLAND DELIVERY
Offered by CHALKBOARDS-R-US

5.0 out of 5 stars Great at this price, 21 May 2015
Great for the price

Sony MDR-EX650 Earphones with Brass Housing, Smartphone Mic and Control
Sony MDR-EX650 Earphones with Brass Housing, Smartphone Mic and Control

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 21 May 2015
Bought for my son who is an audiophile. He thinks that they are superb.

New Balance 624, Men's Running Shoes, White, 13.5 UK
New Balance 624, Men's Running Shoes, White, 13.5 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 21 May 2015
Comfortable as always.

LifeProof fré Waterproof Case for Apple iPhone 5/5S
LifeProof fré Waterproof Case for Apple iPhone 5/5S

5.0 out of 5 stars The original and best, 21 May 2015
I had a Levin one before - but this is so worth the extra money, tighter fit and all the mute button works.

Philips Shs3200/10 Ear Hook Headphones
Philips Shs3200/10 Ear Hook Headphones
Offered by GOLDEALS

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic stay-in-place headphone, with a great sound, 21 May 2015
Brilliant Headphones, they stay in your ear, whether walking or running, (I don't know if I have odd shaped ears, but I find in-ear and most other over ear headphones uncomfortable and need constant re-positioning/adjusting). They also sound great!

I am on my 4th pair (I lose them on a regular basis). For running walking or just general listening (when you don't want to carry around a pair of over-ear ones) they are superb, and such a great price.

Emperor of Thorns (The Broken Empire, Book 3)
Emperor of Thorns (The Broken Empire, Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 Nov. 2014
Excellent trilogy. I thoroughly enjoyed, and will read again. I look forward to more from this author, maybe more from this world?

Prador Moon (Polity Book 1)
Prador Moon (Polity Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars a great read, 12 Dec. 2013
A great story, I felt the ending was a bit abrupt, but thoroughly enjoyed it overall. Will read more Neil Asher

Madhur Jaffrey's Foolproof Indian Cookery (Foolproof Cookery)
Madhur Jaffrey's Foolproof Indian Cookery (Foolproof Cookery)
by Madhur Jaffrey

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book For Anyone Who Likes Making Curries, But Not Shopping, 3 Jun. 2007
Using ingredients readily available at your local supermarket this book gives clear, easy to follow, instruction to making many favourites. I have a couple if Curry books but this is the one we delve into each Saturday night.

Heartily recommended

Baking with Passion (Baker & Spice)
Baking with Passion (Baker & Spice)
by Dan Lepard

5.0 out of 5 stars A Treat for any Home Baker, 3 Jun. 2007
I have to admit that I have not delved too much into the pastry section, however I can vouch for the bread side of it. The recipes as with the Handmade Loaf tend to need a little preplanning, and can be fussy (though not complicated), but the results are worth it - the flavour of Dan Lepard's Garlic Bread is an experience rather more than food, and should appear on any '50 things to eat before you die' list.

If you are only interested in the bread element then buy 'Exceptional Breads' instead as it is basically the bread section of this book, but I recommend this one, as the pictures alone are enough to get you baking.

Page: 1 | 2