Profile for Ms. Felicia Davis-burden > Reviews

Content by Ms. Felicia Da...

Ms. Felicia Davis-burden (Staines, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Ultrasport Women's Midlayer Salia Functional Long Sleeve Running/Sports Shirt - Various Pink, X-Small

3.0 out of 5 stars Snug and comfortable for winter runs, 26 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very good quality functional top. The wicking fabric in the underarms releases sweat away from your body, but the rest of the garment is still very damp. I like the long sleeves with the thumb hole - this makes the top ideal for winter runs. As a size 8, middle-aged woman,I found the X-small fit comfortable but there is only room for a bra underneath to feel completely free to move. Overall, I like this.

Manuka Doctor ApiNourish Polishing Facial Exfoliator 100 ml
Manuka Doctor ApiNourish Polishing Facial Exfoliator 100 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, 10 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been enjoying this, despite thinking at first that the tiny bits would not be effective at exfoliating my skin. This is actually a very effective face-wash and really does its job. I love the scent - definitely honey - and I'm glad that I do not have an allergy to bees. You are advised to do a patch test if you react badly to bee-stings. My skin feels wonderfully soft. This is a pricey product, but I have to say that it really is worth the investment.

Rodial O2 Snake Serum 30 ml
Rodial O2 Snake Serum 30 ml

2.0 out of 5 stars Save your money for more pleasant skin boosts., 1 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
While I was pleased to have the opportunity to try this for free, I have to say that anyone contemplating shelling out £130 on this should really think carefully. This serum is supposed to act like a temporary Botox - freezing the little muscles that make little lines appear - but all I see is my face looking as tired as ever with no apparent effects on my little line collection at all. I feel slight tightening, which I don't like. I think a serum should enrich the skin, not make it feel like a mask.

The product is presented elegantly and the scent is very pleasant, but I have two much cheaper serums that are much more effective at boosting my skin, albeit they do not tout the 'Botox' claim. I am not impressed with this serum. I think I'll just use it to smooth out my knuckles and elbows. Save your money and treasure your age lines, they aren't doing you any actual harm, you know!

Insider's German Intermediate Conversation Course (Learn German with the Michel Thomas Method): Book, Audio and Interactive Practice
by Marion O'Dowd

3.0 out of 5 stars Intermediate - not for the near-beginner. High-standard, 30 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In order to get the most benefit from this detailed course, you are expected to have worked through the introductory course. Coming to an Intermediate course 'cold', I've discovered, is a foolish step because the audio situation readings are performed quite swiftly. You are introduced to two English students, who make mistakes and then correct themselves after a prompt from the tutor Marion O'Dowd (whose voice bears a pleasing similarity to Zoe Wannamaker!) This pleasant touch is designed to give you the idea that you are not alone in your studies. This is a well-organised course, there are points at which you can pause the audio to contemplate and voice your answers. You are introduced to modern conversation pieces on such diverse subjects as Tour de France, Status, Humour and Stand-Up comedy, the Environment, Fracking and Global Warming. The old-school phrase-books and holiday courses never ventured anywhere near this distance in interest! Overall, this is a high-standard course but you should only buy this if you have a solid grounding in basic German conversation, otherwise you will be hopelessly lost!

Sony EXTRA BASS XB650BT Wireless Over Ear Headphones - Blue
Sony EXTRA BASS XB650BT Wireless Over Ear Headphones - Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Useless if you don't have Bluetooth - I made a mistake ordering these!, 15 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Unfortunately, my review can only be from the perspective of not having Bluetooth. I was hoping to be able to use these phones with an MP3 player - stupid I know, but some of us don't use Bluetooth - but all I can do is admire the looks of the product. The phones are stylish and comfortable. But for anyone without Bluetooth, attracted to these phones by the photographs, all I can say is: No these are not for you. I'm sure these are a 5-star product, but I can only judge on appearance.

Rams [DVD] [2016]
Rams [DVD] [2016]
Dvd ~ Siguršur Sigurjónsson

5.0 out of 5 stars For the love of sheep, 15 May 2016
This review is from: Rams [DVD] [2016] (DVD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This strangely moving tragi-comic drama set in the remote Icelandic countryside centres on two neighbouring, yet emotionally estranged brothers. While both members of a devoted sheep-farming community, Gummi and Kiddi have held a silent grudge between themselves for forty years. When an outbreak of Scrapie is confirmed, Gummi, whose sheep are apparently healthy, realises that one of Kiddi's rams is responsible for the disease. Gummi knows that his brother will be reluctant to co-operate with the authorities in turning his flock in to be slaughtered. In fact, Gummi has also developed a close bond with his own flock. In their differing ways, both men defy the farming authorities. The Scrapie outbreak signals disaster for the entire area. Gummi and Kiddi are used to their sheep-dog carrying messages back and forth, so when closer communication is desperately necessary, they both have to take a heavy breath of the Winter air...

This is a strangely moving, beautifully filmed and completely believable study of brotherhood and what form reconciliation might take in a dramatic environment. Even the sheep are fine actors! Although slow moving and quiet, this really is a warm-hearted film. Highly recommended.

The Essential Brunswick Recordings 1935-1939
The Essential Brunswick Recordings 1935-1939

5.0 out of 5 stars Billie swinging - brilliant!, 1 May 2016
This is a revelation! A very young and confident Billie swinging effortlessly - such a contrast to her later, sometimes disturbing recordings (particularly 'Lady in Satin'). I recommend this collection to anyone who wishes to hear Billie in her prime. Just joyous!

3M 1436 C1 Foldable Ear Muffs - Orange
3M 1436 C1 Foldable Ear Muffs - Orange

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for some quiet at home or work!, 1 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are remarkably good for the price: Surprisingly robust, they fit comfortably and block out most noise. I wore them for nearly two hours with the usual noisy traffic passing by outside the window; I only heard one particularly loud acceleration, otherwise there was satisfying quiet! I like the fact that these ear muffs are very light and fit securely around my ears without my feeling overheated. I'm very impressed with these.

Murad Hydro-Dynamic Quenching Essence 30 ml
Murad Hydro-Dynamic Quenching Essence 30 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good serum - Murad's usual price., 29 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As usual with Murad, this is a high-grade, high-priced product that is best applied at night. It certainly is an easily absorbed serum and my skin feels amazingly soft. I do not need to apply much night moisturiser afterwards. If you are willing to invest in Murad, I would recommend this one. Other serums would do a fine job, but this is worth trying.

L'Oreal Paris Revitalift Filler Renew Eye Cream 15ml
L'Oreal Paris Revitalift Filler Renew Eye Cream 15ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Protective for sensitive skin, 22 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a light and pleasant eye cream, easy to apply and wonderfully soft. To be honest I wish I could say that I can see a difference to my dark circles, but they are still the same. I like the fact that this cream does seem to keep the sensitive skin beneath the eyes soft throughout the day. I'm sorry, but I'm not convinced about any 'transforming' effects. This is a protective, with no other real properties.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20