Profile for littleelf2000 > Reviews

Content by littleelf2000

littleelf2000 "littleelf2000" (Wakefield, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Into the Sea of Qi
Into the Sea of Qi
by Mark Popplewell
Price: 5.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 29 Jun 2014
This review is from: Into the Sea of Qi (Paperback)
I enjoyed this fast paced and engaging book. It is clear that the author knows a great deal about Taoist philosophy, Tai Chi and Chinese culture, and this added depth to the story. The characters are likeable and you really feel like you're involved with the action- which itself has some interesting twists.

A great mix of action, Chinese philosophy and supernatural element- which all worked well together!! The ending of the book alludes to a sequel by the way it ends, so I will look forward to reading the next instalment!!

In conclusion, a great book- and a well deserved 5 stars!!

Angie Lewin: Plants and Places
Angie Lewin: Plants and Places
by Leslie Geddes Brown
Price: 17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A gift for my mum, 7 Jun 2014
I bought this book as a gift for my mum. We'd been to see an exhibition by Angie Lewin and so I decided to buy it as a gift. My mum loved it and the illustrations are beautiful!

Angel Tarot Cards
Angel Tarot Cards
by Doreen Virtue PhD
Edition: Cards
Price: 9.79

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Tarot deck, 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: Angel Tarot Cards (Cards)
I love this deck! It's easy to use (if you follow the little guide book that comes with it) and easy to interpret the cards without, as the images are very intuitive. It's not like a regular tarot deck as there are no 'scary' cards (no death, no tower) and the cards are positive and uplifting. They will always give you an accurate reading but in a gentle way. A must buy!

The Earth Path: Grounding Your Spirit in the Rhythms of Nature (Plus)
The Earth Path: Grounding Your Spirit in the Rhythms of Nature (Plus)
by Starhawk
Price: 8.58

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage, 7 Jun 2014
An eco Pagan feminist book- I really didn't enjoy it as the author was hell-bent on the attitude of 'it's my way or no way'- which I found incredibly annoying. I wouldn't choose to read any more of her books!

Russell Brand - Messiah Complex [DVD]
Russell Brand - Messiah Complex [DVD]
Dvd ~ Russell Brand
Offered by themediamerchants
Price: 4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 7 Jun 2014
I never used to like Russell Brand but since I saw him present the Dalai Lama in Manchester he has gained a new fan. I love his spiritual side and philosophy- and his humour is something else. Well worth a watch!!

Kahuna Women's Quartz Watch with Pink Dial Analogue Display and White Plastic or PU Cuff KLS-0261L

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 7 Jun 2014
This watch arrived in its box missing the glass on the front- shocking to say the least!! I sent it back for a refund.

47 Ronin [DVD] [2014]
47 Ronin [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Keanu Reeves
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: 47 Ronin [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
I bought this despite having read some negative reviews from critics. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie- great action and I got lost in the Japanese Samurai culture. The special effects were great too- a great mix of Samurai and fantasy!! Awesome!!

Weleda Organic Calendula Baby Facial Cream 50ml Pack of 1
Weleda Organic Calendula Baby Facial Cream 50ml Pack of 1
Price: 6.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent- for babies and adults!, 7 Jun 2014
I bought a couple of tubes of this cream- one for my 14 month old niece (who has eczema on her back) and for myself (for dermatitis). I have very sensitive skin so need something like this to prevent flare ups or allergic reactions. I was an excellent pro dust for both my niece and myself- I can't recommend this product highly enough.

California Scents Fresh Linen Spill Proof
California Scents Fresh Linen Spill Proof
Offered by Babz Media
Price: 2.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish!, 7 Jun 2014
I bought this thinking it would make my car smell lovely- but I found that the fragrance wan't very effective at all. A waste of money!

The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass
The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass
Price: 5.87

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing, 7 Jun 2014
The advice in this book is ok but to be honest it's nothing more than a friend would say to you. It's not as good as Baggage Reclaim (check out her website). I could have written a better advice book myself!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4