Profile for lizzylou > Reviews

Content by lizzylou

lizzylou (Derbyshire GB)

The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike Book 2)
The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story but a bit gory., 18 Aug. 2014
I like the style of the writing and the continuing relationships between the main characters but I did find the content a bit gory, it was cleverly thought out though and kept my attention.

Walk a Narrow Mile (Hillary Greene Series Book 14)
Walk a Narrow Mile (Hillary Greene Series Book 14)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 22 Feb. 2014
I like this series, good stories, likeable characters, not gory. Nice that references are made to previous books it's best to read them in order. I'm waiting for the next one to be written now!

Crossfire
Crossfire

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 11 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Crossfire (Kindle Edition)
Kept my interest all the way through good plot twisting and turning. Could have been better written in a couple of places but I am looking forward to the next book very much.

The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike Book 1)
The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 9 Aug. 2013
Loved the comical aspect and the characters came to life. Hope this is the first of many adventures for Strike and Robin.

The Metabolism Miracle: 3 Easy Steps to Regain Control of Your Weight...Permanently - A Proven, Revolutionary Diet Program to Overcome Insulin Resistance and Lose Weight Permanently
by Diane Kress

4.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye Sugar Cravings!, 21 Feb. 2010
I got this book from the library 5 weeks ago and am now looking to buy it for future reference as I have been on this diet for 4 weeks and it is working! Yes it is aimed at the american market but the same principles apply to anyone who finds it difficult to lose weight because of insulin resistance. I have lost 10 pounds now and I am expecting to continue this for the rest of my life. The first 3 days I was very tired and irritable but after that I have felt much better and the most fantastic thing about this diet is that my sugar cravings have miraculously disappeared! This makes it much easier to stick to the quite stringent first eight weeks, after that you start adding in more carbs, in a controlled way, until you reach your goal weight then you are on a maintenance regime for the rest of your life. It gives you tips on what to eat if you eat out and what to do about eating on holidays etc. Just give it a try, I feel like I have been liberated from the ties of food cravings at last and I am in control of my appetite. I have made the muffin recipe in the book and just bought myself a cup measure and ingredients from the supermarket, anything I couldn't get from there I went to my local healthfood shop and got the rest. I now have a choclate muffin every afternoon at work - they are delicious. You do need to up your exercise as well, so I go to the gym 3 times a week and do a bit more dog-walking. This diet is the answer to my prayers!