Profile for Tonic1961 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Seventy-Two Virgins
Seventy-Two Virgins
by Boris Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. I had no idea that Mr Johnson was ..., 19 May 2016
This review is from: Seventy-Two Virgins (Paperback)
Brilliant. I had no idea that Mr Johnson was such a good author and genuinely funny man. There is something of the Tom Sharpe about this book. I was laughing out loud on the train which is something I have not done since the 80s reading Tom Sharpe! Excellent.

The Widow
The Widow
by Fiona Barton

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't put it down, 30 Mar. 2016
This review is from: The Widow (Hardcover)
I couldn't put this down! Fantastic read I found the characters of the police man and journalist very likeable. The widow was a complex character not likeable but understandable, she had been shaped over many years by her emotionally abusive husband. The husband obviously nothing to like there but you wouldn't. This was a real page turner. Looking forward to this authors next book.

Sweetened Condensed Milk Greats: Delicious Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipes, the Top 86 Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipes
by Jo Franks

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 16 Mar. 2016
Very thin paperback. For the American market, not a good choice especially at the price. Poor instructions and some obscure ingredients. Wish someone had done a review before I wasted my money.

The Shadow of the Tower [DVD] [Import] [1972]
The Shadow of the Tower [DVD] [Import] [1972]
Dvd ~ James Maxwell
Offered by IMSSALES

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 6 Mar. 2016
Not at all happy with this it refuses to play the final episode on the first disk. Very disappointed with this item.

The Little Book of Peace: 101 inspiring ways to add Peace to your life, work, home and dreams
by Cherry Menlove

5.0 out of 5 stars It has made me cry with joy and understanding, 22 Dec. 2015
I have only had this book a couple of days and it has made me cry. It has made me cry with joy and understanding, I am going through a very difficult time at the moment and the sense and clarity in this book is of enormous help.

The Bovril Cookbook
The Bovril Cookbook
by Paul Hartley

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice book well worth getting, 1 Aug. 2015
This review is from: The Bovril Cookbook (Hardcover)
The negative reviews are quite frankly rot. This is a lovely little book with some very good recipies. I am very glad I didn't take any notice of the poor reviews.

Nana's Kitchen: Over 100 Delicious Family Recipes
Nana's Kitchen: Over 100 Delicious Family Recipes
by Sherrie Hewson

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth buying, 18 July 2015
I love this book, and I think the criticism some have expressed is unfair. Yes most of the recipes are fairly simple but you need to look at this as a family cookbook, Ms Hewson's family. I found that many of the familiar recipes had a new take on them and were a reminder of their existence. Her mackerel pate and marshmallow cheesecake are divine and it's worth the money for them alone.

The Girl on the Train
The Girl on the Train
by Paula Hawkins

5.0 out of 5 stars great read!, 4 April 2015
This review is from: The Girl on the Train (Hardcover)
I loved this book, read it in two days. I was caught from page one! Felt so sorry for Rachel, hated Anna but didn't particularly care about Megan except was interested in the mystery of what had happened to her. In the end still cared about Rachel still hated Anna and felt sorry for Megan. Book was so good I bought 3 more copies as presents. This will make a great film!

Falling Cloudberries: A World of Family Recipes
Falling Cloudberries: A World of Family Recipes
by Tessa Kiros

5.0 out of 5 stars charming, beautiful and practical., 22 Feb. 2015
Such a beautiful book! Charming and delicious. I shall be buying more of this authors books. Recipes are mouth watering, I love Middle Eastern, Greek, Italian food with a passion and this book has only made that passion worse! Buy this book for the food and for its beauty.

Return to Beauty: Old-World Recipes for Great Radiant Skin
Return to Beauty: Old-World Recipes for Great Radiant Skin
by Narine Nikogosian

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this book!!, 9 Feb. 2015
This is a beautiful and very helpful book full of easy to make beauty products. I have had a great interest in natural beauty for a long time and this is the best book I have bought ever.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3