Profile for Buffalo1652 > Reviews

Snow & Ice Grippers
Offered by express trading
Price: 9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not much cop!, 5 Dec 2011
This review is from: Snow & Ice Grippers (Apparel)
I bought a pair of these last winter, but found that there was no way I could keep them from slipping off my boots when walking. I could only manage a short distance before they came off. It's a pity, because the part with the studs is quite robustly made (if only it could be persuaded to stay put on the boot!).

"Icey Heel", Anti Slip Ice Grippers for ice and snow, Size Medium
"Icey Heel", Anti Slip Ice Grippers for ice and snow, Size Medium
Offered by Eskimo Agency
Price: 10.05

5.0 out of 5 stars The best ice gripper on the market!, 5 Dec 2011
I've tried about six different kinds of ice gripper. These are the latest ones that I bought, and they are without question the best I've used. They're solidly made, the straps work well so that the grippers stay put on your heel, and I was able to get a packet of spare studs on Amazon last winter (early 2011). Even when you're wearing grippers on your footwear, it pays to be careful on ice, but these are the ones I felt most confident with.

Makala MK-C Mahogany Concert Ukulele
Makala MK-C Mahogany Concert Ukulele
Offered by Ebony&Ivory
Price: 48.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound and excellent value!, 9 Sep 2011
Although this model is made of agathis, it looks as though it's made of solid wood with no plywood at all. It has plenty of volume and sounds very good, and it also looks classy, with a satin finish that doesn't show finger marks at all. Needless to say, I fitted Aquila strings. I let a mate of mine have my Kala Pineapple but I'm just as happy with this one. I would go so far as to say that you'd be safe whatever you buy if it's got Kala or Makala stamped on it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 27, 2011 7:12 PM BST

Ukulele For Dummies
Ukulele For Dummies
by Alistair Wood
Price: 11.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ukulele Book by a big margin!, 11 Aug 2011
This review is from: Ukulele For Dummies (Paperback)
This book is the answer to any would-be ukulele player's prayers. I got my first uke in August, 2010, but have never found a book that really met my needs. Not until this one came out, anyway. To anyone who is thinking about buying this book, don't hesitate, just get it and be thankful. You will not regret it!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I've found this product!, 8 Aug 2011
I have found this powdered form of magnesium citrate very useful for mixing with a smoothie or a pan of porridge, along with powdered calcium citrate from the same firm. I also add powdered vitamin B3 (the niacin form), and none of these three items seems to affect the taste of the porridge in the slightest degree. When using these powdered ingredients, I'm far more confident that the minerals and vitamin are being absorbed into my system than when I use tablets or capsules. The reason that I take these items, amongst various others, is that I was given a potentially serious diagnosis of a heart condition recently. After taking the prescribed drugs for seven days, I rejected them and started a fairly in-depth investigation into how I could sort myself out by means of nutrition and a good exercise regime. After six weeks or so working on improving my nutrition, I certainly feel very much better than I did during the week that I was on the three drugs prescribed by my GP. At least one of those drugs (aspirin, a beta-blocker, and Simvastatin)literally devastated me, and my own doctor agreed that I was right to stop taking the latter two. I compromised and now just take the aspirin. However, we are masters of our own fate, and none of us should just unquestioningly take what our doctors prescribe without looking into all of the pros and cons.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2012 8:32 AM BST

Biosync Finger Pulse Oximeter SPO2 & Heart Rate Monitor Brand New Boxed
Biosync Finger Pulse Oximeter SPO2 & Heart Rate Monitor Brand New Boxed
Offered by Dealstation
Price: 19.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting little gadget!, 8 Aug 2011
All I can say is that the product seems to be well-made. I can only assume that it gives an accurate representation of the strength and regularity or otherwise of the pulses, and this is of particular interest to me. I certainly don't regret buying it. I have no way of knowing whether it's accurate or not, but I'm inclined to believe that it gives a pretty good indication of the state of my heart-beat.

Guitarra [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Guitarra [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Julian Bream
Offered by RAREWAVES USA
Price: 12.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value!, 9 July 2011
For your money you get four hours of beautiful scenes of Spanish cities and countryside, and lots of beautiful classical guitar playing, mostly by Julian Bream. It appeared first on television as eight weekly half-hour episodes. If you like classical guitar, you'll find this video magical!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 12, 2011 12:06 PM BST

Mens WOVEN PRINTED boxer shorts Underwear 6 PK LRG
Mens WOVEN PRINTED boxer shorts Underwear 6 PK LRG
Offered by ICONIC FASHION
Price: 13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A good value purchase!, 9 July 2011
The ones I got fit me perfectly and are very comfortable. They are quite well made and are excellent value for money.

SMOKEY AMP Portable Guitar Practice Amplifier 1w 1 watt
SMOKEY AMP Portable Guitar Practice Amplifier 1w 1 watt
Offered by Stompbox
Price: 28.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little amp!, 9 July 2011
This amp has no adjustments on it but it does a brilliant basic job. It would have been preferable, though, to have bought one with a plastic casing rather than the one in a cigarette packet. You need to be very careful with the one in a cigarette packet, to avoid wear and tear.

How To Stop Smoking And Stay Stopped For Good: fully revised and updated
How To Stop Smoking And Stay Stopped For Good: fully revised and updated
by Gillian Riley
Price: 6.39

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Book!, 16 April 2011
My smoking career spanned 48 years, from age 18 to age 66. I had made several unsuccessful attempts to stop. Then I found this book, studied it thoroughly to absorb the principles, and then finally gave up smoking for good on March 19th, 2003. I was able to do it "cold turkey" without much difficulty by following the principles explained in the book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3