Profile for Nic Sharpe > Reviews

Content by Nic Sharpe

Nic Sharpe "Nic" (Kent, England)

Page: 1 | 2
PlayStation 3 (PS3) Replacement Hard Disk Drive (HDD) Mounting Bracket
PlayStation 3 (PS3) Replacement Hard Disk Drive (HDD) Mounting Bracket
Offered by Gameseek

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, I used it in a 12GB PS3 ..., 3 Jan. 2015
Great item, I used it in a 12GB PS3 super slim and it fit perfect and was easy to install.

KAVAJ "Vienna" case cover for Apple iPad 2 black - compatible with Smart Cover
KAVAJ "Vienna" case cover for Apple iPad 2 black - compatible with Smart Cover

4.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, great customer service though., 20 May 2013
Hi all.

I bought this a while back for my iPad 2.

I wanted something slim, and smart looking and this fit the bill. It fits perfectly with good sized cut outs for all the ports. Has a nice slightly rubber feel to touch. Unobtrusive logo as well.

Unfortunately, not long after I purchased it I noticed cracks in the corners. The case still holds but I'm not sure for how much longer and you would expect better at this price. My iPad is well looked after, has only light use and is always put in a dock when not in use so it's a disappointing surprise it is broken.

It is well designed but the build quality could perhaps be better.

EDIT: Kavaj have since sent me out a new one for free which is holding up for now!

Aspire T180, AMD Sempron 3500, 512MB RAM, 160GB HDD, DVD RW, GeForce 6100 Graphics, 9 in 1 Card Reader, Speakers, Vista Home Basic

5.0 out of 5 stars Great budget PC., 6 Jan. 2013
I've been using this PC extensively now for around five years. It was a budget version when I bought it, never mind now.

I initially upgraded the RAM to 2gb.

It has run Windows XP, Vista Home basic, and WIndows 7 Home Premium comfortably in that time. Given how cheap it was when I bought it, and how much it has been used in that time, it's impressive it has never given me any problems. There is scope for a few improvements as well. I've upgraded the PSU, the CPU, the RAM, added hard drives and graphics cards as well. With such an old motherboard there are restrictions obviously but I've got it to run HD Blu ray movies, so that gives you an idea of what it can achieve.

Belkin Flip Blade Universal Stand for Tablet (Compatible with New Apple iPad 3rd Generation HD)

5.0 out of 5 stars iDeal., 6 Jan. 2013
Hello all.

I bought this stand a while ago to house and display my iPad 2. I read up a lot on various stands. I wanted something that was minimal in it's design, nice to look at, that could safely hold the iPad with a back shell case that had been applied to it.

This was surprisingly difficult to find without paying big bucks.

This product, though, fit the bill nicely. When it's not holding the iPad it is unobtrusive to look at. When it does hold the device, it can do so in landscape and portrait safely easily and that's with a shell case applied as well.

It is smart, well constructed and well priced.

Well done Belkin.

'9"-15" Hamilton Double Arm Roller Frame'
'9"-15" Hamilton Double Arm Roller Frame'
Offered by Decor8ing Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item., 10 Mar. 2011
I bought this for a 12" roller. The other frame had pins to hold the roller in place but they were too far apart and the roller kept falling out and scratching the plaster.

This one is adjustable so you tailor perfectly the size of the frame to the roller. It works just as I need it to. It is robust and well made and I've already used it one several jobs for which it has never failed me. You just undo the nuts and bolts, fit your roller and re-tighten them.

It comes with the end caps which will be needed so other types of rollers can fit. If you're out to buy a roller for use with this frame, take an end cap with you and see if it will fit. All 12" rollers I've bought so far have worked with it.

The handle works well but the rubber grip slips sometimes. I tend to use an extension pole most of the time so this is not a problem for me. It has two slots for poles, one for screw types and another for push types.

Overall, an excellent product at this price.

MediaDevil Magicscreen Screen Protector: Matte Clear (Anti-Glare) - Apple iPhone 3G / 3GS - (2 x Screen Protectors)
Offered by MediaDevil

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., 9 Feb. 2010
Hello all.

I recently purchased two of these Matte screen protectors from PhoneDevil and thought I would share my experience of the product and company.

The delivery was quick, with the parcel aptly packaged. There were a couple of sweets in my parcel as well which was a nice touch.

As for the product.

Installation, as for pretty much every screen protector, can be tricky. You MUST make sure the screen is pristine and dust-free before applying the protector. The product comes with a small cloth exactly for this use.

The protector is perfect in terms of size for the Iphone 3g/3gs, and fits the screen exactly. Another nice thing is that when lifting and re-applying the protector (sometimes this has to be done if you didn't get the first application right) it doesn't crease and bend like other ones tend to. Of course once it's creased it's pretty useless so this is a nice feature of it.

I myself didn't get application 100% perfect, there were a couple of small bubbles where dust had got on the protector. I didn't bother to correct this as once the screen is lit up you cannot see these....however, if you have regular air bubbles after applying yours, a small plastic card is also supplied to help remove these.

The finish is as you would expect from the matte edition and provides a nice non-glare t effect to the screen.

The feel of the screen is also improved and the scrolls, flicks and presses you associate with touchscreen devices become easier to do and generally feel nicer with this protector applied.

Overall, I would thoroughly recommend this product, it does what it's supposed to and does it well.

The Sopranos: Complete HBO Season 5 [DVD] [2005]
The Sopranos: Complete HBO Season 5 [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ James Gandolfini
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Great show, but not the best series., 24 April 2009
Series five was when The Sopranos took a downturn, and the quality started to drop. The previous four series were probably the best TV there will ever be, so it was always going to hard to live up to. Still there are some memorable moments.

As for the DVD boxset itself, there isn't alot to say. The box could have been a bit stronger, although I bought this when it was first relesed and it may have changed by now.

Datel Max Power Tool Battery (PSP)
Datel Max Power Tool Battery (PSP)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product., 24 April 2009
This product worked a treat and did exactly what I needed it to. Be careful to follow instructions explicitly.

Nokia N95 Battery Cover
Nokia N95 Battery Cover

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin., 24 April 2009
Can't really fault this product, the colour was a great match and it fit my N95 perfectly.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings., 24 April 2009
I bought two of these a while ago. One works perfect, so no complaints there.

The other one is faulty, and works on and off when it feels like it. It managed to have a knock-on effect to all my other expensive A/V equipment and took a whole year to isolate it to this faulty cable....an incredibly infuriating experience.

Page: 1 | 2