Profile for Head Like an Orange > Reviews

Content by Head Like an O...

Head Like an Orange

TomTom Car Kit For iPod Touch compatible with Generation 1,2 & 3
TomTom Car Kit For iPod Touch compatible with Generation 1,2 & 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with 4G just a bit diddly, 22 Sep 2013
I bought this to accompany my Tom Tom USA app for our trip to Florida. I was worried that it might not work on the iPod touch 4G as I had heard it did not fit properly. Well it kinda does and it works well but you just have to make sure it is sitting right. The connecter is not the issue it is the bracket that holds it so it might be worth wile just putting something quite small and thin behind the iPod it to make it stay in place, as long as it's not pushed too far forward as to bend the connector in anyway you will be fine. Put it this way it's cheaper than buying the whole thing and if it doesn't work you will get your money back flogging it on EBay.

Dead Men Risen: The Welsh Guards and the Real Story of Britain's War in Afghanistan
by Toby Harnden

5.0 out of 5 stars Get it, read it, share it!, 25 Mar 2011

After all the hype and furore surrounding this book, I was worried that this book would not live up to it's infamy. I was also worried, that the now famous buy and burn incident, would rip the heart out of the book and this would be just another military biography/account, of which there are plenty on the market. This is not the case.

Dead Men Risen has lived up to the hype. Written in an honest and easy to read manner, this book has something for everyone. If you want an honest and moving account of the war in Afghanistan, the life of a soldier or even if it is to revel in the fact that in all probability the MOD do not want you to read it, then this is the book for you.

I may be biased (my names in the book), but this is truly the best military book I have read. The first book I have read that really puts the soldiers story across in a way that they would be proud of. It does the armed forces and the Welsh Guards battalion in particular the justice it deserves.

In the space of a few pages this story will have you laughing, crying and shaking your head in anger. Whether or not you agree with the politics surrounding the war in Afghanistan, or you have no knowledge of the subject matter contained in it. This book makes up for it in abundance with the pure heartfelt emotions you will feel for the soldiers involved, and will be enlightened by the accurate but easy to understand information contained.

All credit to the author, who obviously did his research, for the entertaining and informative way that it is written. I love this book and I would recommend it to anyone.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2012 8:08 AM BST