Profile for Mr. Andrew Buckley > Reviews

Mr. Andrew Buckley (uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV

1.0 out of 5 stars frustrated customer so please don't get annoyed with my bad review ... I have my reasons, 12 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Amazon Fire TV (Electronics)
Right before I get 'shouted' at, no I haven't purchased one of these boxes (yet). The biggest turn off about buying one is the lack of an HDMI cable For the price (of the box and the prime subscription) you should get one even if it is on the short side. The reason why I've given this a 1 star review is that Amazon don't exactly play fair when it comes to watching prime videos. I already have a number of devices that (in theory) are capable of playing prime videos wirelessly, but amazon don't actually support them properly (the amazon video app for android is as much use as an udder on a bull as its only really for phones not tablets (not sure about android boxes) ... I have both but even on my phone the playback is **** even when within 'line-of-sight' of my router)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2015 10:15 AM BST

CAT Footwear Collateral Hiker, Men's High Rise Hiking Shoes
CAT Footwear Collateral Hiker, Men's High Rise Hiking Shoes
Price: Click here to see our price

1.0 out of 5 stars very poor quality, 29 Nov. 2014
I have to say that after inspecting the images for quality anyone buying these are paying for the name and nothing else. For example if you look at image #7 (the top down view) you will see that there are two rows of double stitching (in-line with the eyes) ... talk about uneven!!!! I know this is one shoe out of many ... but if this is the best they can do ... well I won't be spending my money on a pair.

AVI-8 Hawker Hunter Men's Quartz Watch with White Dial Analogue Display and Black Leather Strap AV-4010-01
Offered by Watches2U

1.0 out of 5 stars the plane on the back of thewatch is not a Hawker Hunter but a Hawker Siddeley, 11 Nov. 2014
Caveat emptor ... massive fail ... the plane on the back of the watch is not a Hawker Hunter but a Hawker Siddeley Harrier
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 26, 2015 12:15 AM GMT

Savvies SU75 UltraClear, Acer Iconia One 7 B1-730 Clear Acer Iconia One 7 B1-730 6pc(s) - screen protectors (Acer Iconia One 7 B1-730, Clear, Acer Iconia One 7 B1-730, Tablet, Acer, Transparent, Germany)
Offered by protectionfilms24 (screen protectors)

5.0 out of 5 stars These screen protectors are an extremely good fit on the B1-730HD, 9 Oct. 2014
These screen protectors are an extremely good fit on the B1-730HD ... possibly too good a fit because there isn't much leeway for making a tiny error. I did have to have a couple of goes to get it as straight as I could ... I did end up cutting a tiny bit off one of the corners as it was refusing to lie flat.

The only slight quibble is the surface isn't quite as smooth as the glass underneath the protector so there is a bit more friction when swiping the screen ... nature of the beast.

Amazon for Tablets
Amazon for Tablets

1.0 out of 5 stars ... in desparate of an update to allow users towatch prime, 6 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Amazon for Tablets (App)
this app is in desparate of an update to allow users to watch prime video

Amazon Video
Amazon Video

1.0 out of 5 stars should be 5 stars...BUT............, 13 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Amazon Video (App)
This should be a 5 star app but it needs work doing to it first. I've tried the app on 4 different devices more about them later.
The first thing you must have to be able to watch Prime Instant Video is the correct Amazon Shopping app. You need:

amazon app for android version 5.0.0 updated 9th september 2014 (which now seems to include appstore fuctionallity)

not

amazon for tablets app version 5.50.8810 updated 1st August 2014

You need the correct version to be able to install the Prime Instant Video app which has to be installed via the amazon appstore.

Now of the 4 devices I've installed Prime Instant Video on only one seems fully OK so far: On my Sony Xperia Mini (ICS) videos play fine (as long as I am near my router) (however the screen is quite small which isn't much fun). On an old DGM T-703 7" tablet (ICS) videos will play (just) although I get an error message "your device's available internet bandwidth is too low for uninterupted streaming....etc etc". On my new Acer Iconia (2 days old running JB) I couldn't install amazon app version 5.0.0 from the google play store because its supposed to be incompatable, google is wrong as I was able to install it from an apk (works fine so far) and I was able to install the Prime Instant Video app however I can't play videos. I also sideloaded the two apps needed to watch Prime videos onto my blackberry playbook, the amazon app version 5.0.0 works ok but I just get an error message when trying to watch a video.

So the bottom line is - Prime Instant Video on 1 (and a bit) out of 4 devices = not very good Amazon

COME ON AMAZON THERE ARE AT LEAST 1,000,000,000 (1 BILLION AS OF 01/14)(IF SPREAD EQUALLY THAT IS ALMOST 1/6TH OF THE PLANET POPULATION) ANDROID DEVICES OUT THERE ... WAY MORE THAN THE NUMBER OF IPADS (200 MILLION - 03/14) AND IPHONES (500 MILLION 03/14) AND IOS IPODS (100 MILLION 05/13) COMBINED (ASSUMING ALL DEVICES ARE POTENTIALLY ABLE TO VIEW PRIME INSTANT VIDEOS) AND YET ANDROID USERS SEEM TO BE AT THE BOTTOM OF PILE ... THAT IS A LOT OF POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS YOU ARE ANNOYING
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2015 12:24 PM GMT

Robotropolis
Robotropolis

5.0 out of 5 stars Not that bad, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Robotropolis (Amazon Video)
I liked this film. It was just the right length i.e. it wasn't padded out to make it longer like some films. The story was good and for such an obviously low budget film the effects were fine. Ok some of the acting was iffy ... I wouldn't call it wooden because it is a story about television journalists, who you expect to be cool, calm and collected when reporting the news.

Would I watch it again? yes

Storage 24
Storage 24

5.0 out of 5 stars not as bad as some people say, 7 July 2014
This review is from: Storage 24 (Amazon Video)
I rather liked this movie. It wasn't overly long (good use of tight editing). Although it is described as sci-fi / horror I don't think it fits in either catagory very well as there is some suspense, the odd bit of comedy and a bit of human drama.

5 Stars because I will probably watch it again fairly soon (while it is still on prime)

Superhero Movie
Superhero Movie

5.0 out of 5 stars very funny ripoff, 12 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Superhero Movie (Amazon Video)
If you liked Airplane and Police Squad you will like this. What makes this movie is the great Leslie Nielsen and the way he delivers humour in such a deadpan manor. Another great comic turn comes from Marion "Mrs Cunningham from Happy Days" Ross, I loved the tumbleweed line......any more than that would be a spoiler!!!!!!!

The Loyal Lieutenant
The Loyal Lieutenant
by George Hincapie

1.0 out of 5 stars haven't read it ... won't be reading it, 30 May 2014
This review is from: The Loyal Lieutenant (Hardcover)
The reasons I haven't read it and won't be are:

1. The L A intro which I glanced at yesterday in a bookshop ... the problem is that L A has never really said sorry to the fans so whether I am right or wrong I feel this book will continue to pedal the myth that "but everyone was doing it" which I simply cannot believe because if they were all doing it then surely there would have been a hell of a lot more positive drugs tests than there actually were. To be able to be as fastidious for that length of time to fool the testing would take a lot of effort and it probably wouldn't take much to slip up.
2. see 1
3. see 2
4. The book description talks of LA's seven infamous victories ... er no LA has never won the Tour
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 9, 2014 11:33 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7