Profile for thatbookgirl > Reviews

Going Too Far
Going Too Far
by Jennifer Echols

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 21 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Going Too Far (Paperback)
Meg and John could not be more different. Meg is blue haired, rebellious and has haunting trust issues which span from a difficult childhood. John is a police officer only a year her senior but living the life of an independent, serious adult with issues of his own. When they meet on one fateful night they know that nothing may ever be the same again.
'Going Too Far' is a brilliant read for anyone who reads the likes of Nicholas Sparks or Simone Elkeles and honestly I can not see how this novel isn't more well known. I read it in one day and I truly couldn't fathom the control to put it down. The witty comments combined with emotional moments really make this book so enjoyable. So uniquely romantic, I loved it!

Leaving Paradise
Leaving Paradise
by Simone Elkeles

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, short read., 20 April 2012
This review is from: Leaving Paradise (Paperback)
I enjoyed Leaving Paradise but after reading 'Perfect Chemistry' by Elkeles I was expecting something a bit juicier. It was fun and I really like the plot as well as the characters but perhaps I love her other books so much I was expecting something amazing. I would definitely recommend it and I will probably buy the second one too! It was a nice relaxing read which wasn't laborious or difficult to get you're head round. Very good!

Belkin iPod Classic Remix PC Case - Silver
Belkin iPod Classic Remix PC Case - Silver

3.0 out of 5 stars It protects but doesn't fit in my dock., 20 April 2012
This case is good for if you're going to the gym and or for a walk and you want to protect it form a fall. However I have to keep taking the case off to put my iPod onto to my dock to charge. I have a regular gear4 dock so I expect a lot of people will be having this problem. Apart from that it has been a good buy and for the money I suppose I shouldn't be complaining. When you get it it's hard to work out how to open it but just pull it apart as hard as you can it won't break. Thought I'd give you a heads up because it took me forever to work it out :-)

Can't Say No
Can't Say No

4.0 out of 5 stars Catchy!, 20 April 2012
This review is from: Can't Say No (MP3 Download)
This tune from the up and coming Conor Maynard is possibly the most catchy song I've heard in a long time. Althought his auto tuned voice is something most people moan about I think it suits the song. It is an exciting new release for what I expect to be a rising star.

American Pie: All 7 Slices [DVD]
American Pie: All 7 Slices [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jason Biggs
Offered by lightningdvd

4.0 out of 5 stars So funny!, 17 April 2012
American Pie is hilarious throughout and there are many of those scenes which make you cringe and laugh at the same time. The best one is the original by far but they are all pretty good with 'The Naked Mile' and the 'Book of love' also being incredibily funny. They are not just a guys film and I think anyone can appreciate the humour. It's a good price for the box set considering you get 7 discs and it came early!

The Big Bang Theory - Season 5 (DVD + UV Copy) [2012]
The Big Bang Theory - Season 5 (DVD + UV Copy) [2012]
Dvd ~ Johnny Galecki
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastically Funny!, 15 April 2012
I love the Big Bang Theory and this season doesn't fail to amuse me! Sheldon is so funny and you have to love Lennard particularly in this season. It is fantastic and I really don't know how the writers think this stuff up. I would recommend it for non nerds and nerds alike! :)

One Tree Hill - Season 9 (DVD + UV Copy) [2012]
One Tree Hill - Season 9 (DVD + UV Copy) [2012]
Dvd ~ Bethany Joy Galeotti

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Finale!, 15 April 2012
I have loved one tree hill from the start and this is one epic ending. Love how Lucas is reintroduced and one tree hill really ends just as perfectly as it started with all the favourite characters intact. I would recommend this to anyone who has watched particularly the earlier seasons so you can understand the plots and the past. Brilliant!

AQA English Language A A2: Student's Book
AQA English Language A A2: Student's Book
by Mark Saunders

4.0 out of 5 stars Has all the details you need., 13 April 2012
It has everything you need as well as handy exam hints. Each section is very clear and it is basically all you need to pass A2 English. Good luck!

Titanic [1998] [DVD]
Titanic [1998] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Leonardo DiCaprio
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotional, tear jerking and desperately tragic!, 13 April 2012
This review is from: Titanic [1998] [DVD] (DVD)
This is my favourite film of all time. I love it so much and every time I watch it I cry! It is fabulous and words can not describe how emotional and amazing it it. Jack and Rose are destined to be with each other but when the world is against you and you are thrust in to the face of death things are not exactly easy. It is a classic which you can never bore of. Love, love, love.

In Time (DVD + Digital Copy)
In Time (DVD + Digital Copy)
Dvd ~ Justin Timberlake
Offered by Discs4all

4.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking and surprisingly good!, 13 April 2012
This review is from: In Time (DVD + Digital Copy) (DVD)
Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried team up in this sic-fi thriller where time is quite literally the currency. The poor die young but the rich can live forever. It is set in the future where the country is corrupted by aristocracy leaving the poor counting down the time they have left to live. Will(Justin) lives on precious seconds and Slivia (Amanda) has the potential to live forever. In an absurd situation where Will is given a hundred years of life he ventures into the richer districts and once meeting Silvia he plans a dangerous mission. You are kept sat on the edge of your seat. It is a marvellous idea which I wish I had thought of! Brilliant and refreshing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5