Profile for S. Sander > Reviews

Content by S. Sander

S. Sander "Sally Sander" (Denmark)

Page: 1 | 2
Think: Straight Talk for Women to Stay Smart in a Dumbed-Down World
Think: Straight Talk for Women to Stay Smart in a Dumbed-Down World
by Lisa Bloom

4.0 out of 5 stars THINK, 26 May 2012
This is a book that really makes you think about the world we live in today. More and more young/middle aged older people are more interested in the Hollywood way of life and super stars, than they are in what is going on behind the scenes. I have been deliberately changing my ways while reading this book as I have been one of them. I feel quite ashamed about how little I know about what's important.

It's Time to Sleep in Your Own Bed (Transition Times)
It's Time to Sleep in Your Own Bed (Transition Times)
by Lawrence E. Shapiro

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Time to Sleep in Your Own Bed, 10 Mar 2010
This is a brilliant book to help the transition of your child to sleep in his/her own bed. You can even go to a website where you can print off your own Diploma, exactly like the one Alex gets in the book. We still read this book together because it is quite sweet too.

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (Xbox 360)
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online
Price: 12.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Operation Flashpoint:Dragon Rising Xbox360, 10 Mar 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
My son says this is a very realistic game, to the point that it takes a long time to play. HOURS ARE HOURS. Apparently you have to be a real gamer to play this game. Have a lot of patience because it does take a long time to walk from A to B. My son likes it though, but wouldn't call it great to play or even exciting...It was a game he said 'he had to have - so he could tell his friends he had it...' - As a mother, I haven't seen him play it more than five times in a month!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 17, 2010 3:53 PM BST

Turn Around & Run Like Hell: Amazing Stories of Unconventional Military Strategies That Worked
by Joseph Cummins

5.0 out of 5 stars Turn around and run like hell, 19 Dec 2009
I have only flipped through this book because I have bought it for my son, for Christmas. What I have glanced over, looks good. My son is interested in military stuff and hard ball etc. I thought this book might make a change for him to read, when it comes to strategy.

Wisdom of the Peaceful Warrior: A Companion to the Book That Changes Lives (Millman, Dan)
by Dan Millman
Price: 12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Read 'Way of the Peaceful Warrior' - first, 14 April 2009
I bought this book before reading 'Way of the Peaceful Warrior' by mistake. I started to read it anyway. It makes sense to me. Socrates is brought to life and Millman reminds us of so many useful life tools, through exceptional quotes. I am looking forward to reading the other book, or maybe see the video.

Nature's Cancer-Fighting Foods: Prevent and Reverse the Most Common Forms of Cancer Using the Proven Power of Great Food and Easy Recipes
by Verne Varona
Price: 12.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 14 April 2009
I bought this book for two friends who are fighting cancer. The information given looked helpful to me. I hope it helps my friends with their fight.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 16, 2011 2:02 PM BST

The Realage Diet: Make Yourself Younger with What You Eat
The Realage Diet: Make Yourself Younger with What You Eat
by Michael F. Roizen
Price: 8.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 14 April 2009
This book isn't a diet, it is a life style. I remember a lot of the tips and I think the information given is useful. Not only to look and feel younger, but hopefully to live longer.

Big Book of Beer (Camra)
Big Book of Beer (Camra)
by Adrian Tierney-Jones

4.0 out of 5 stars Beer, 14 April 2009
A great gift for beer drinkers and people who brew their own beer. I haven't actually read it myself so I can't rate the contents.

Mr Men & Little Miss Collection - Volumes 1, 2 & 3 [DVD] [2005]
Mr Men & Little Miss Collection - Volumes 1, 2 & 3 [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Arthur Lowe

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheerful, 14 April 2009
Mr and Little Miss are such cheerful books to have for children. Plus, the stories all have a moral to them. The vocabulary used is excellent for reading stepping stones....

Peppa Pig: The Official Annual 2009
Peppa Pig: The Official Annual 2009
by Ladybird

5.0 out of 5 stars Super, 14 April 2009
A great book for learning, reading and ideas for what to do on a rainy day, or a sunny day.

Page: 1 | 2