Profile for Adam Bengtsson > Reviews

Content by Adam Bengtsson

Adam Bengtsson (Sweden)

Page: 1 | 2
Burning Bridges (Special Edition)
Burning Bridges (Special Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 6 April 2013
I can't believe how good this album is. I played it constantly when it came out in the 80's and it's even better today! Great sound quality. BUY!

Delegation II (Expanded Edition)
Delegation II (Expanded Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars Still great! But..., 6 April 2013
I have to say I love this album, although not as great as "Eau de vie". There's only one small thing. The sound quality isn't so great, it sounds a bit muffled and compressed, the same as on the release from Finesse records a few years ago. But maybe it always sounded like that? Can't remember. I recommend it highly though...

Eau de Vie
Eau de Vie

5.0 out of 5 stars Still great!, 6 April 2013
This review is from: Eau de Vie (Audio CD)
What a wonderful album! So many hits on it. It's still good after all these years. Quality never ages! Highly recommended:-)

O'chi Deluxe Edition
O'chi Deluxe Edition

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best SAW, 21 Jun 2012
This review is from: O'chi Deluxe Edition (Audio CD)
First I want to say that Cherry Red have done a tremendous job on releasing this double-CD.
I bought it as I am a big fan of the SAW-sound. I was totally hooked on their sound in the late 80's.
I never actually heard this record when it was originally released, I have only read about it. Getting rave reviews and praise from buyers all over the net, I confidently bought it a while ago. How disappointed I was! I have listened to it a few times to get into to it but I must say I don't love it, I don't even like it. The songs here are not very memorable and O'chi at times seems out of tune. She doesn't have a voice that is instantly recognizable. "Whenever you need somebody" is of course well known but Rick's version is just so much better. The rest of the songs are just not up to par.
So, as good as the production is, O'chi doesn't do the material justice.
Ok, that's my 5 cents.

Adam

The Nolan Sisters / Making Waves
The Nolan Sisters / Making Waves

5.0 out of 5 stars At last!, 13 Feb 2010
I am so glad to finally have these albums by The Nolans on CD. It's really great value with 2 CDs together. I can't understand why it took so long to release in Europe? Now I'm waiting for the excellent follow up that was called Don't love me too hard (I think).
The sound quality is pristine - excellent!

Page: 1 | 2