Profile for Robin > Reviews

Content by Robin

Robin

Pipetto Skinny Leather Flip Case for iPhone 5/5S - Chocolate
Pipetto Skinny Leather Flip Case for iPhone 5/5S - Chocolate

5.0 out of 5 stars ... that fits the iPhone so well and looks to good. Almost all other cases bulk out the iPhone, 11 July 2014
I'm yet to find another case that fits the iPhone so well and looks to good. Almost all other cases bulk out the iPhone, but this covers slims it down and looks very elegant! It is so good, I've bought other colours too!

Anker® New Leather Case Cover for Kindle Paperwhite with Magnetic Auto Sleep Wake Function for New 2014 2013 2012 Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 6" 3G / Wi-Fi + 3G - Synthetic Leather - Simple & Lightweight - Red
Offered by AnkerDirect

Mains Battery Charger for Nikon COOLPIX S60, S80, S200, S202, S203, S210, S220, S225, S230, S500, S510, S520, S570, S600, S700, S3000, S4000 and S5100 Digital Cameras - Replacement for Nikon Quick Charger MH-63 for EN-EL10 Battery - AAA Products®
Offered by MACRO.SUPPLIER

5.0 out of 5 stars I received the charger in great time and when I plugged it in, 11 July 2014
I received the charger in great time and when I plugged it in, there was a bang the and charger never worked. I contacted AAA Products and their customer service could not have been better. I received a replacement within a couple of days and it works perfectly.
Great job guys!

Pipetto Origami Smart Cover/Case for iPad Air - Red
Pipetto Origami Smart Cover/Case for iPad Air - Red
Offered by Pipetto

5.0 out of 5 stars The best cover I've had, 13 Mar 2014
I've had three different iPads over the years and three different covers. This is the best one I've ever had. Fits the iPad air perfectly and is of high quality. Why I'm giving this five stars is that you can manipulate the cover in a number of different ways to get the perfect viewing angle AND keeps it place in a very sturdy fashion.

A fantastic product!

Sekonda Men's Quartz Watch with Pink Dial Analogue Display and Brown Leather Strap 3373.27
Offered by Simply Gifted Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Same price as a watch battery..., 3 April 2013
... and get a free watch!

The watch is well made, keeps good time and is cheaper than a watch battery. If you need something with these colours, get one!

Wolfson Microelectronics Skype Headset DS-102A (Black)
Wolfson Microelectronics Skype Headset DS-102A (Black)
Offered by iHeadphones UK

5.0 out of 5 stars After five minutes listening... WOW, 3 April 2013
And WOW indeed.
As we all expect these headphones were delivered by Amazon in perfect packaging in good time, even when choosing the free delivery.
So with most electrical items the packaging and instructions were dispensed with. First try the earphones were not comfortable, so I tried the ones for larger ears, great fit. The test of audio is then The The's "Giant" and at half volume (through an iPhone) was enough and the sound quality was perfect! Really really good.
I was a little sceptical about these headphones at this price, but first impressions are really WOW!

The Bonfire of the Vanities
The Bonfire of the Vanities
by Tom Wolfe

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional, 30 Nov 2011
Many of the reviews here go into great detail as to why this is a good book, the plot, the twists, the characters, the tone, the vocabulary of the times... I could do that, but instead I simply recommend that you buy and read this excellent book and throughly enjoy it. Feel free to read further reviews afterwards if you need to know why you enjoyed it so.

White Noise
White Noise
by Don DeLillo

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me? Not for anyone!, 29 Nov 2011
This review is from: White Noise (Paperback)
I bought this book as the Amazon reviews divided opinion. I was interested to understand why the book divided opinion so much and now having read two-thirds of the book I am no closer to understanding why this book divides opinion.

Why? This is a truly awful book with no redeeming elements. The characters are unbelievable in a way that beggars belief. The story meanders through a series of unbelievable events that seem to have no effect on the characters - apart from enjoying a series of beautiful sunsets. I've given up on this book after 267 painful pages having no interest on finding out how the story finishes. (This is quite rare for me, I typically speed read to the end of the book, but I can not bring myself to read another word.)

Don't bother.