Profile for A. Rahman > Reviews

Content by A. Rahman

A. Rahman (England)

Winning!: Using Lawyers' Courtroom Techniques to Get Your Way in Everyday Situations
by Nelson

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 13 Feb. 2009
The book is a bit long, but it is as every bit useful as it was intended to be, examples are backed up by case examples where techniques were successfully applied and where they could have been successful.

I liked it because it works on so many self development areas that you need to project in court. From projecting right posture body language to reading it. The funniest part is the tounge twister section you will start to become a debate chapion alone just by mastering this skill.

Thumbs up all round!

The Top 10 Habits Of Millionaires: Transform Your Thinking - and Get Rich
The Top 10 Habits Of Millionaires: Transform Your Thinking - and Get Rich
by Keith Cameron Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye opener, 13 Feb. 2009
This is a book easy to read, understand and apply in everyday life. Some of the things are common knowledge, I made the purchase among a few others after it was highly recommended on a millionaire website and am very suprised not to find any reviews on it. In a nutshell the author is very humble in his success, bit too generous when giving away his money though, a quality I'm considering putting more work into. However there was this one quote I have to mention;

"For the timid in our society change is frightening.
For the comfortable change is Threatening.
But for the truly confident among us, CHANGE IS OPPORTUNITY!".

He will have you thinking like a millionaire, and the 3 question approach to any situation when it comes to assessing risk is gold. Well worth a read.

Dynamic Strength
Dynamic Strength
by H.Y. Wong

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Hard to Describe., 26 Aug. 2006
This review is from: Dynamic Strength (Paperback)
This book is very hard to describe as to how the exercises actually effect you, I bought it about two years ago and I have to say it was a sound investment.

I have tried various types of training from weights to resistant benches such as the Total Gym. But I would recommend this to anyone whose main aim is strength rather than muscle.

After doing the excercises very intensivley after a few weeks I noticed incredible strength, I thought about it did research and thought about it some more on how it could possibly make me more stronger without doing weights.

The conclusion was that after doing these particular exercises the mind becomes co - ordinated with the muscles as they work in harmony together, rather than lifting a heavy weight and thinking to yourself its almost over theres no relationship, so the result with weightlifting would be bulked up muscle with little or no speed.

Not only that, but your all your senses will also increase over time inc taste smell sight hearing, size will come eventually but on my list as a serious martial artist its the strength that comes first looks will naturally follow after.

This is the best I can describe it read it from cover to end give it a try see what you think.

Make Money, be Happy: How to Make the Money You Want And Do The Things You Want to Do: How to Make All the Money You Want, Doing What You Want to Do
by Carmel McConnell

3.0 out of 5 stars Way Over rated!!, 16 July 2006
I bought this book due to the fact it was highly recommended. I was disappointed as it teaches you nothing new about money. I would say its more recommended to people who have no idea as to where they are in their life or whats going on.

I would describe this as a womans gentle way of easing you into the BIG wide world of in the matters of money and arguably life.

If you know a little about money and was curious on the subject, I would highly recommend Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki it will open a new understanding on the subject, it will show you how money works and how to have money work rather than the other way round.

In a nutshell if your a woman by this one if your a man buy the other one, if you completely disagreee with me then have a read of both a see which one suits you better.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 31, 2009 5:45 PM BST

The 33 Strategies Of War
The 33 Strategies Of War
by Robert Greene

5.0 out of 5 stars Absoloutely Brilliant!, 21 Mar. 2006
This is a book for all those deep thinkers out there.
I bought this book and the most I digested is a chapter a day, the way I see it is "its one thing understanding something, quite another knowing and applying it".
It shows us how the 33 startegies can be applied in our daily life when faced with those little everyday wars.
If you understand Sun Tzu's Art of war thoroughly you may not have much to learn from this book, but still interesting and does show how many in history applied these war principles to gain an upperhand from Samurai Grandmasters to Political leaders such as Margaret Thatcher.
Overall an interesting read and a great self help book. There'll be a chapter in there for everyone mine personally was chapter 4 bit long to explain right now but I'm sure some of these tactics outlined will bring most of you a smirk if not a smile at some point in the book. : )