Profile for Patience > Reviews

Chroma Atelier Interactive Acrylic Set 12 x 20ml Tubes, Mister & DVD
Chroma Atelier Interactive Acrylic Set 12 x 20ml Tubes, Mister & DVD
Offered by bargainartistshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., 14 Sept. 2013
I enjoyed using these paints and found the DVD quite useful too. Would be a great present for someone who wants to try out these paints.

Advanced Grammar in Use with Answers: A Self-Study Reference and Practice Book for Advanced Learners of English
by Martin Hewings

4.0 out of 5 stars SLIGHTLY "revised" editon, 20 April 2013
I have used this book for years and was interested to see the new revised edition. Actually not much has changed. In most exercises the most that has been 'revised' are personal nouns! Very few exercises have been replaced and some have just changed position! But as my students have the newer version I had to buy it too to be 'on the same page' as they say. This often happens in EFL books and is rather annoying. Nevertheless this remains a very comprehensive grammar for advanced students which can be used in class or at home as a self study book. I do think that there should be an edition WITHOUT answers though. Some students are bound to succumb to the temptation!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 24, 2015 2:51 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little calendar, 20 Jan. 2013
This is a great little calendar with beautiful photos and inspirational quotes which aren't too 'twee'. Great value for money.

Impressionists 2013 Wall
Impressionists 2013 Wall
by BrownTrout Publishers
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 20 Jan. 2013
The pictures are very clear and include some less known ones. The quality of the paper and cover is excellent.

Omron Walking Style One Pedometer with Step Counter Sensor Technology
Omron Walking Style One Pedometer with Step Counter Sensor Technology

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but...it fell off!, 8 July 2012
I bought this a few months ago and started using it in early summer. It was great, very accurate and easy to use, but I lost it one day, I can only think that it slipped off while I bent over to tie my shoelace and I didn't notice. So make sure you secure yours better than I did. I will attach my new one INSIDE the pocket.

Painting Realistic Abstracts
Painting Realistic Abstracts
by Kees van Aalst

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 19 May 2012
This book was just what I was looking for. I found it inspirational and informative too. The paintings are fresh and original. I think it would be very useful for people with some experience in painting who are interested in developing a more abstract view of the world.

Wolf Hall
Wolf Hall
by Hilary Mantel

1.0 out of 5 stars Big disappointment, 26 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Wolf Hall (Paperback)
How did this book get all the rave reviews and awards? I have read many historical novels and hoped that this would live up to the hype. But I found the writing 'style' disjointed with no enjoyable flow that would entice the reader into the story and absorb him. I also agree with all the other reviewers here about the 'he' issue. The reader just can't make out who is talking to whom about whom!!I had to go back over whole sections again to work out what was happening. So what is the one star for? - well, Mantel gives some wonderful descriptions of the time and surroundings and has a slightly different slant on the plots but it's not enough to keep one reading on. I only got half way through and threw the book aside in disgust. What were the award presenters thinking of?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2011 12:43 PM GMT

Tell-Tale
Tell-Tale
by Sam Hayes

4.0 out of 5 stars Clever and chilling thriller, 18 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Tell-Tale (Paperback)
I read this book in record time as it was so engrossing. I would have given it five stars but for the fact that I was a bit disappointed with the action-film -type near-ending which just struck me as rather exaggerated. I would have preferred a more subtle leading up to the chilling conclusion. But all in all a very good, rewarding read.

The Other Half Lives (Culver Valley Crime)
The Other Half Lives (Culver Valley Crime)
by Sophie Hannah

1.0 out of 5 stars Just plain boring, 6 July 2010
I'm glad I didn't buy a new copy! I picked mine up on the market for a few pence so don't feel so bad about giving up only 3/4 of the way through. I've been waiting for the pace to pick up or for something to really happen but the whole book seems to be full of over long narrations from unlikable and unbelievable characters. I' Very disappointing as I'd expected more from an author whose work I've enjoyed in the past.

Monkey Push Along
Monkey Push Along
Offered by Just Childsplay

4.0 out of 5 stars Colourful and durable fun, 1 July 2010
This review is from: Monkey Push Along (Toy)
My granddaughter isn't walking yet so hasn't used it as a push along toy yet, but we're hoping she'll get more use out of it once she start walking. At the moment she seems interested in the nice sound the wooden balls make when they rattle together and the shiny colourful appearance. Admittedly there's not a lot a child can actually do with it other than push it along, but it's a nice traditional toy, well-made, sturdy and makes a change from all the usual plasticky stuff that kids seem to have.
Added Oct 2010 - Now she's walking she's playing with it a lot and loves it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7