Profile for Miss R Marshall > Reviews

Greedy Girl's Diet: Second Helpings! Fab Food Fast for a Slim Life
Greedy Girl's Diet: Second Helpings! Fab Food Fast for a Slim Life
by Nadia Sawalha

4.0 out of 5 stars A Greedy Girl, 9 July 2014
Good layout, I like the clocks at the start of the recipes giving you an idea how long the meal takes to make, there are a good amount of pictures and I like the conversational tone of the text.
Yes, some of the recipes are basic, but it's a good go to when you need some ideas - which I often do! One of my favourites at the moment.

Mary Berry's Kitchen Favourites: Informal everyday recipes for family and friends
by Mary Berry

3.0 out of 5 stars TIMINGS........!?!?, 9 July 2014
There are some really great family recipes in this book and I would love to give it five stars; however two things are an overriding irritation:

1) No preparation / cooking time given at the start of the recipe - if the book is supposed to be for busy people, I don't expect to have to read the recipe and add all the times up to work out if it's a suitable midday dinner meal. I just can't believe this has been missed. Nadia Swalaha's Greedy Girls book has a great little clock at the start of each recipe giving you a guide of how long the meal will take to prepare - take note Mary!

2) Not enough pictures! I like to have an idea of what the fruits of my labour should look like before I start

The timings point really bugs me overall, this so could have been my favourite cook book.

HM Armed Forces - Army Parachutist
HM Armed Forces - Army Parachutist

2.0 out of 5 stars Good quality but overall disappointing, 31 Dec 2013
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
The toy soldier itself is good quality however the playability is poor due to the lack of movement in the figure - the arms are fixed in the position you can see. I probably wouldn't have bought this had I seen it properly.

In the Night Garden: Little Library
In the Night Garden: Little Library
by BBC
Edition: Board book

4.0 out of 5 stars Need toughening up, 28 Sep 2010
My Son loves these little books and gets them out all the time. My only criticism is that he hasn't had them long and they look a bit worn around the edges already.

VTech Baby Sing Along Microphone
VTech Baby Sing Along Microphone

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, 28 Sep 2010
I like the colour and size of this toy, its ideal to take out to keep my Son entertained. He likes turning the dial and listening to the animal sounds. On the down side, the microphone is not loud enough and the songs are too quiet and too fast for my Son to learn and sing along to.
The principle and idea of the toy is good enough but the actual toy itself is rather disappointing.

Bob The Builder 'Come on Team' Backpack Bag / School Bag
Bob The Builder 'Come on Team' Backpack Bag / School Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, 28 Sep 2010
Ideal size for my toddlers bit and pieces when we go out, decent quality and it wipes clean! Very happy with this bag.

LeapFrog Learn & Groove Alphabet Drum
LeapFrog Learn & Groove Alphabet Drum

2.0 out of 5 stars Not ideal, 28 Sep 2010
I bought this for my Son who quite likes anything loud and musical. The language option is a plus point, but the size of the drum top isn't really big enough and you have to tap in the the right place for it to make a noise. A bit disappointing for us both. Consigned to the bottom of the toy box.

Winnie The Pooh Junior Bedding Set
Winnie The Pooh Junior Bedding Set

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, 28 Sep 2010
This review is from: Winnie The Pooh Junior Bedding Set
Considering the price that I paid for the set I am quite happy, although the quality of the pillow is quite poor. I think that if my Son likes sleeping with a pillow and duvet then I will upgrade, however this was a good purchase just to start him off.